PoF Class Icons

PoF Class Icons

in PvP

Posted by: Whitworth.7259

Whitworth.7259

So when HoT released the elite specs gave players new class icons. These were kept out of sPvP so we didn’t know if a player was running vanilla or elite. With meta builds and such it’s usually quite apparent what your opposition will be running just by seeing their prof icon.

When PoF hits and the new elite spec icons are released will these be added to PvP? There will be more options for viable builds (hopefully) and it’d be beneficial to know what you’re going to be up against when prepping. For example if you see an ele on the opposite team now it’s pretty obvious they’re running auramancer, but when the Weaver spec is released, it won’t be so obvious.

Or does not knowing just add a bit of spice, I dunno.

PoF Class Icons

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

I dont think they will change it. The entire point is to NOT know what you are against. Otherwise, might as well just broadcast everyones rune/amulet/sigil choices as well.

PoF Class Icons

in PvP

Posted by: ceejay.2517

ceejay.2517

I dont think they will change it. The entire point is to NOT know what you are against. Otherwise, might as well just broadcast everyones rune/amulet/sigil choices as well.

But if they show you the class they clearly want you to know something. But now the class info is meaningless in some cases.

I think allowing an insight into elite spec would not be damaging and would allow for more dynamic counterplay. I dont think it would give too much away, either. For example right now if i saw a daredevil icon i would have no clue if it was condi or power, the same for tempest, no clue if it was support or fresh air.

Psyyy | PvP Necro |

(edited by ceejay.2517)

PoF Class Icons

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

No, the icon was kept the same to don’t make players know if someone was using core or elite. That was made to don’t grant you an advantage. You are able to know if the enemy use a core or a elite build, changing your gameplay before the fight.

The game is interesting if you can’t know exactly what’s the enemy build. You have to face it, look to his weapons and then try to figure out what’s his build.

Anyway, looking to some classes, if you see a Power or a Condi weapon you will know exactly what’s the enemy build. For example, the Reaper will be mainly Power, losing his condition trait (they make it work for Power and not for Condi) and if you see it use a scepter it is a Scourge and not a Reaper (at 90%). Or you can know if a guardian is a DH or a Firebrand looking to his Virtues.

You don’t need to nkow Everything. That game is supposed to grant you the chance to play Every Role with Every Class and there’s not a real reason to make you know if the enemy is using an Elite or another directly targeting him or directly in the minimap.

Also some elites will be stronger than others in sPvP and there will be a difference between them in numbers.
Looking to the Scourge, if the elite stay as it is you will see few of them in sPvP.

PoF Class Icons

in PvP

Posted by: ceejay.2517

ceejay.2517

It is a bad idea to have that many unknowns, in almost any game’s pvp you get some info, be that what team they are playing as in sports games, or their class in combat games. The idea this gives an advantage is nonsense as both sides have it, and it is not as if you have access to their traits/amulet/weapons/utilities, it just gives a rough idea and the chance to adapt your build a bit.

The problem with not doing this is that everyone will have to play defensive builds to be prepared for the various possibilities. And if they dont they run the risk of being hard countered. Having such a wide range of potential opposition, with zero clue as to what these are basically removes any tactics or interesting build dynamics.

We already have loads of games that are down to pure luck as to what your team comp is. We don’t want this to be made worse by making it harder to adapt in these situations.

Psyyy | PvP Necro |