PoF - Elementalist - Weaver

in PvP

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

Let’s discuss weaver!

So far my experience:

- become very complex;
- much harder access to skills;
- very annoying – skills on right hand are unusable, because need to use attunements two times. Example: I am under heavy-pressure from enemy and I want to use ASAP [Obsidian Flesh], I switch to Earth, but just left hand was switched, need to wait 4s cooldown, then press again Earth, so around 5s I must wait before [Obsidian Flesh] , during this time I will be already killed 2 times in pvp… Unravel is too weak to take it on to panel
- weak sustainability in general, no regen-> no condy removal from water trait, if take condy removal skills, then lose stances; shield is too small, and almost useless.
- fresh air trait become unusable, because of attunement logic
- no enough blast finishers (stance=no blast), during attunement cooldown combo fields expired too fast

How to improve:

- remove 4s cooldown when switch to one attunement; so next switch to the same attunement could be done immediately, alternatively you can move urgent “oh sh….t skills” to left hand, like ([Obsidian Flesh]) to improve access to them;
- increase shield by 150%;
- add regeneration on a stance 6s, make stance longer and reduce CD;
- increase longevity of combo fields (water 30% / fire 50%)
- add aura to each stance (-40% damage from [Elemental Shielding])

(edited by Lich King.1524)

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

TBH for me the stances are complete garbage.

The heal is too little without investment and even then it requires to be in close melee to get the other half of the heal.

Stone resonance gives too little barrier on way too high a count recharge to be useful for defence at all.

Twist of fate also has a long count recharge and feels awkward to use, sure a 1s evade and break stun but it just doesn’t feel very strong at all and I would rather have most other skills like arcane shield or armour of earth instead.

Super speed removing conditions trait is either hilariously bugged or it only affects movement impairing ones and the person writing it needs to go back to GCSE English.

Quite frankly the sword is dead in the water as weaver brings very little hard mitigation to survive vs warriors, revs, guards in fact most classes and doesn’t have the excessive constant health regen needed either. The attunement cool down being 4s and 3.5s with arcane messes up the ability to stack protection and regen too so survivability feels much less than with DD core ele.

I found DD weaver sort of OK in PvP and staff was alright but many classes could either keep pressure on you much better than you or you didn’t really have much follow up for killing them if you locked them down.

To improve it I’d like to see the count recharge reduced or stance durations increased, preferably the recharge reduced.

I’d like to see the barrier given increased a bit more as 800 means nothing to 2000+ damage skills, which is most power based skills ATM.

The attunement recharge needs reducing, I’d say 3s and 2.5s for using arcane. Weave self is a weird elite, it’s strong when you get all attunements and the flip over is a good CC but I feel the attunement recharge is best removed and instead make the attunement swap as above.

Sword needs more damage on it, it does barely anything for damage considering eles usually have to invest in vitality and/or toughness. It gets even more hilarious when you look at the damage scaling on many other weapons for power classes in the current PoF preview.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I think after the 4 sec attune recharge is up it should automatically swap back to uh air/air for example with no recharge. as it is now its kind of a hindrance to not be able to access all of your skills or more importantly the skill you need at any given time.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I think after the 4 sec attune recharge is up it should automatically swap back to uh air/air for example with no recharge. as it is now its kind of a hindrance to not be able to access all of your skills or more importantly the skill you need at any given time.

Reducing the global cooldown would be better – the elite spec is being sold as a “Your enemies will never expect what you can do” so it makes sense to make weaving through the elements easier.

Elite skill should also completely remove cooldown on attunenment swap to make it even more unpredictable (“Avatar State Like”).

That and sword needs a good damage buff… thing is worst than a wet noodle right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

ah I see yeah I think that would be a great change.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in PvP

Posted by: Supz.9836

Supz.9836

I think the complexity of the spec actually makes it kinda fun, however I agree OP that attunement cd needs to be reduced significantly and barrier feels very weak given how squishy weavers are and the dps is lackluster given how many drawbacks the spec has.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I’m really glad weaver is mediocre/garbage. I really wouldn’t be able to stand another d/d cele era. I have ptsd from the first time.

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I’m really glad weaver is mediocre/garbage. I really wouldn’t be able to stand another d/d cele era. I have ptsd from the first time.

I hope cele D/D meta will be back (not that it will be good in todays power creep) because I have PTSD from healbot…

in PvP

Lich King.1524

The idea to combine 2 attunements was great.
Unfortunately the implementation killed this idea!
Weaver is NOT flexible, due to 4.5s CD on attunements and extra button (press attunement twice) for complete the switching!

To be flexible and fluent weaver MUST have immediate choose – switch an attunement fully or partially, then it will be FUN.

Need to have different UI, for example 2 rows of buttons of attunements , 1st row for full switch to desired attunement, another row – for partial switch, to combine it with current attunement, then if will be fluent, understandable, flexible and FUN.

Arenanet understood the problem during testing and tried to solve it by using another stance, just ridiculous and unusable solution, because of extra button and extra CD (need to spend skill-slot for this action).

Just imagine to understand it: let’s say we have a warrior with 2 weapons, in order to switch to another weapon you must take special skill to skill bar, and press this skill first (wait for GCD) then press weapon swap button, and then later you have long CD, where you must WAIT 4.5 on each weapon swap and press swap button twice – just unusable story, totally unnecessary complexity and NOT FUN.

(edited by Lich King.1524)

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Unplayable. Even vanilla Elementalist is more effective in PvP than Weaver.

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

With water and earth it is playable the problem is, then we can’t get Arcane, which means no protections, that means most squishiest class in the game should play without any mitigation in melee range…

Either we should have access to protection in weaver tree or barrier should do more Elementalist….

in PvP

Lich King.1524

Agree.

4.5s CD on each attunement swap is a total garbage, playing like under constant “stun”

in PvP

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

class is kittened doesnt even have to hit your enemies u got constant evade frames up (dont know how dotn care either) u heal like a boss u pump out conditions like a boss.

chased one half way through WvW map untill his buddies came to help him but its kitten how much evades(frames) they have on w/e skill he was using.

in PvP

Posted by: Rambouilet.5401

Rambouilet.5401

Another piece of ……

in PvP

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Alot of the dual skills do minor damage in comparison to the skills you lose to gain them. Dual skill barriers do not last long enough and are not big enough to be an effective defense in pvp/wvw. Dual skills are a not a good enough tradeoff for locking all attunement swap for 4sec. The locking off all attunements really limits the options elementalist have available for defenses. Using the unravel utility to gain access to one of your uh-oh buttons is not worthwhile.

Also the their should be a few high damage burst dual skills for scepter, none of the dual skills are comparable to phoenix. Normally scepter can set up some stun combos before using phoenix to finish off an enemy. Its very complex trying to do stuff like that now enabling you to easily miss the window you have to hit someone with a phoenix. Their should be some dual skills that are comparable or do more damage than phoenix.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The term “unplayable” is starting to coming back in various thread and I agree. It’s not just overcomplicated, it’s overcomplicated for no benefit. Even the new skills do not feel important.

I mean seriously, try to get burning retreat to function as a dodge when you are attuned to water/earth. By the time it’s ready you’ll have been dead twice already.

Sadly the best thing about it are the new icons for skills.

in PvP

Ulion.5476

Oh forgot to add Unravel Hexes is broken. When I saw the trait I thought it would give us an option of not taking water for condition removal but it does not work at all. If you run into any condition spec you die before you have time to swap to water.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Oh forgot to add Unravel Hexes is broken. When I saw the trait I thought it would give us an option of not taking water for condition removal but it does not work at all. If you run into any condition spec you die before you have time to swap to water.

Supposedly it’ll only strip the conditions listed on the tooltip, which isn’t at all implied by the text.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

The attunement cooldown is higher than in base ele and you only change 3 skill instead of 5, which makes it 2x worse. It´s just a crippled version of vanilla ele.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: Menem.4307

Menem.4307

I agree with all the comments in this post. Weaver has a chance to be a fun class but as it stands now, it is far too clunky and behind other professions. Being locked out of 4th and 5th skills for 5 seconds is a suffocating feeling because you know what you want to use, but you just can’t. By the time you can, you’re either dead or missed a kill opportunity. The cooldown on element switching needs to be flat out removed if Weaver is going to be viable on any level. The dual skills need a major buff, as someone said before I’d rather have the pure skill the majority of the time..

in PvP

Ulion.5476

Supposedly it’ll only strip the conditions listed on the tooltip, which isn’t at all implied by the text.

If Unraveling Hexes text has typos and suppose to work that way, then its should not be a GM trait. GM are suppose to be very powerful not mediocre. Also elemental pursuit one of the first traits enables you to ignore movement impediments.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

apharma.3741

If Unraveling Hexes text has typos and suppose to work that way, then its should not be a GM trait. GM are suppose to be very powerful not mediocre. Also elemental pursuit one of the first traits enables you to ignore movement impediments.

Not entirely, it gives you super speed whenever you inflict a debilitating condition on your foes. Presumably it means chill, cripple and immobilise as it’s listed on the trait. Though it does essentially counter the first 2, it does jack all vs immob.

Basically I think sword needs cast times tightening on the autos, attunement swap going down to 3s, 2.5s with arcane and a bit of tweaking on the stances/barriers. Some of those stance recharges are very high for their effect, especially aquatic stance which left my bar immediately for GoEH.

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Weaver is unplayable. It is way too complex and not rewarding. There is no time to wait for cooldowns to access a specific spell fast enough. Using a spell (on right) to block the weaver dual-atunements (on left) is not a solution, it’s just a shortcut denying the whole purpose of weaver for a few seconds.

Weaver is broken. The idea was great initially, but the way it was implemented with all those cooldowns and low damage, ruined this great idea.

In my opinion all cooldowns of atunements should all be completely removed, it would make weaver somewhat playable, and flexible as intended.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I feel like we really need to be able to access those off-hand abilities more quickly. The spec feels clunky as it stands. What about something like this…

You’re in fire/water…

You choose earth, leaving you in earth/fire. 4 second cooldown.

However, if you choose earth again, it ignores the cooldown and allows the swap, but adds an additional 4 second cooldown before you can swap out of earth/earth.

This would give us the benefit of easy access to off-hand skills, but if we don’t plan ahead as intended we end up locked into a single attunement for up to 8 seconds in order to gain that access.

in PvP

Posted by: Vailod.9174

Vailod.9174

Hello players.
For me Weaver will only be useful in PVE, because in WVW and PVP it is useless to use this specialization, for me it was a very big disappointment.
I hope you can make adjustments because I see no logic in changing Tempest by Weaver

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I’m not going to have as in depth of an opinion as the more invested ele players here, but just curious; why did attunement swapping not swap my 4/5 skills?

Those are typically the “big” skills, but attunement swapping had to happen twice to get to the ones I wanted/needed when I needed.

Extremely counterintuitive to the point that I immediately thought “nobody will ever play this over Tempest,” so making attunement swapping work to where it swaps the 4-5 skills to the desired element seems like the most important baseline QoL change to be made (granted they’re all important).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Menem.4307

Menem.4307

I do like the idea of using the Weapon Swap button to swap your 1, 2 and 4,5 skills. This would definitely help if lowering the cooldown of element swapping to 0 is out of the question.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I like the complexity, makes it challenging which to me equals fun.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

After theory crafting with phanta this is what we came up with

Change the last change from all autos from 3/4 to 2/4
Buff air 2 range from 450 to 600 (can’t make any z axis teles)
Buff fire 2 power impact damage and buff range to 600
Water/earth add projectile finisher
Unravel hexes removes all condis at a 1 sec interval (so your not forced into water/arcane)
Remove root from sword earth #3 (or buff damage)
After fully attuning the attunement cd swap time is halfed(fully attuning punishes way to hard)

I fooled around with the idea of insta double attuning but that breaks the design of weaver and it dumbs down the class.
Bye friends!

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

(edited by Skittledness.5106)

in PvP

apharma.3741

After theory crafting with phanta this is what we came up with

Change the last change from all autos from 3/4 to 2/4
Buff air 2 range from 450 to 600 (can’t make any z axis teles)
Buff fire 2 power impact damage and buff range to 600
Water/earth add projectile finisher
Unravel hexes removes all condis at a 1 sec interval (so your not forced into water/arcane)
Remove root from sword earth #3 (or buff damage)
After fully attuning the attunement cd swap time is halfed(fully attuning punishes way to hard)

I fooled around with the idea of insta double attuning but that breaks the design of weaver and it dumbs down the class.
Bye friends!

Change to a 1/2s cast on all parts of the auto, look at every single sword attack in the game, only a few have longer than 1/2s cast and those are usually preceded by a 1/4s cast part. In fact most GS attacks have a 1/2s cast per portion of damage given (mesmer is 1.5s but does 3 attacks so is about 1/2s per attack). So no, it’s not just part of it that needs a reduction in cast time it’s all of the auto as well as making sure the aftercast isn’t out of alignment.

Fully attuning to an element isn’t what weaver is about, letting people fully attune quicker isn’t the solution you should be asking for. You should be asking for the dual skills or the play style to be better. This is why many have said a 2.5-3s attunement swap recharge would hit the spot nicely as it takes 10-12s to rotate through all the elements, about the same time as core would take but with some advantages and some drawbacks.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Or weaver drops that swap mechanic and swaps normal substituting only #3 skills depending on the swap so as weaver you never have the old #3 skills ….

in PvP

Posted by: Xunleashed.5271

Xunleashed.5271

Or weaver drops that swap mechanic and swaps normal substituting only #3 skills depending on the swap so as weaver you never have the old #3 skills ….

This is an issue for Dagger and Scepter… Losing access to skills like Burning Speed, Shocking Aura, Water Trident and Phoenix to get the dual counterparts is a major loss.

Xunleashed [BT] – Elementalist
WvW Videos Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/XunleashedGW2

(edited by Xunleashed.5271)