PoF: What's with all the over buffed traits

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Last one I saw.

Weaver trait:

Elemental Polyphony

Gain attributes based on your current attunement. When dual attuned gain both benefits.

Fire attunement – 120 power
Water attunement – 120 healing
Air attunement – 120 precision
Earth attunement – 120 toughness

Not picking on eles here, just an example.

A lot of traits are like this for ele and other classes too. Is this a cynical ploy to get more people to buy PoF before nerfing these new elite specs into the ground, or is this really serious?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I don’t think it’s that crazy. It’s just statistics, lots of builds are MADE by the GM minor. For example, I think Tempest GM minor is better-

Tempest GM minor: Protection effectiveness increase +20%, gain 3s protection on Overload.

How much % stronger are you with 120-240 extra stats? Most GM Minors are in the realm of: +15% Boon duration for Herald, stacking +20% healing for Druid, Chill duration +20% and -10% dmg from chilled enemies for Reaper. 25% movement speed & -25% duration of snares for Chrono.

Of all the things that are crazy about PoF that will be nerfed 120-240 stats isn’t out to lunch

Things that should really boggle your mind,

Holosmith base damage numbers,
Mirage Cloak uptime
Weaver Grandmaster trait: *lose two conditions a second while under effect of Superspeed which you’ll have 45% uptime from traits alone, and 15% additional uptime of Superspeed from Air Sword #2, and on demand Superspeed from Weaver Stunbreak, and Fresh Air builds will get 3s Superspeed (lose 6 conditions) on attuning to Air. Now that’s an overtuned trait lol

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

That was just the last one \i saw, I haven’t even looked at many. But it seems you agree with the gist what I’m saying. Not sure if this is just to boost sells and nerf after or whether Anet has finally lost it. These numbers look silly. Btw chrono compared to when HoT first came out is a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

Power creep: round 2

xD

weaver sounds fun tho, motha kittenin battlemage yo

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Power creep: round 2