Points for Downing a Player

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

This is just a suggestion, but I feel that currently, in tPvP, there is not enough punishment for becoming downed. Good teams can rez almost instantly, which does take coordination, but when you see people get resed 3+ times in a row, it gets kind of silly.

What if, keeping downstate the same as it is, 5 points are awarded to a teams score for downing, and then another 5 points are awarded on completion of stomp, or cleave death of a player.

This isn’t as dramatic of a change as altogether removing downstate (which I believe would be extremely beneficial for WvW and PvE, not so much for PvP), but it does add extra punishment for becoming downed frequently and needing a res from your team.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

That’s a very new and refreshing idea, of which I am a fan.

Currently, if a solo thief, for example, can make a big play and down an enemy, in an outnumbered situation, I feel that this play often isn’t rewarded enough. The enemy who’s in force will just double revive the downed enemy, no penalty incurred.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i agree with this.

make it such that

on down, assist on down
personal score +1, team score +5

on dps downed death, assist on dps downed death, stomp
personal score +5, team score +5

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Excellent idea. Will definitely ruin the infinite resses with two guardians at mid!

in PvP

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

That’s a very new and refreshing idea, of which I am a fan.
Currently, if a solo thief,

No doubts.

Such idea would be nice if it was considered at the very start of spvp development but now it will only lead to increased quantity of 1-button backstab thieves and bunkers since you cannot allow the risk to even be downed. No, thanks.

(edited by Arcturus.8109)

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

I like this idea but 3 points for downing would be more appropriate IMO.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I fear this would push people more into bunker specs. For instance, I will often run a dps spec, knowing that if I go down in a good position I can get team support w/o major loss. If I knew random thief-ganks would net my opponent 5 points, there is NO WAY I would play staff zerker ele ever and feed the opponent points.

I think a better thing to consider would be changing the speed of resses such that an immediate res doesn’t beat out a stomp. However, requiring cleave + stomp is also good team-play.

Many teams now seem to be running with more than enough cleave that ressing is often too hazardous to even try. We have seen this happen before.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I fear this would push people more into bunker specs. For instance, I will often run a dps spec, knowing that if I go down in a good position I can get team support w/o major loss. If I knew random thief-ganks would net my opponent 5 points, there is NO WAY I would play staff zerker ele ever and feed the opponent points.

I think a better thing to consider would be changing the speed of resses such that an immediate res doesn’t beat out a stomp. However, requiring cleave + stomp is also good team-play.

Many teams now seem to be running with more than enough cleave that ressing is often too hazardous to even try. We have seen this happen before.

I’d have to disagree that it would promote bunker specs. In fact, bunker teams are usually the ones I see benefitting the most from suiciding onto points they hold that are heavily contested. Adding points for downing these bunkers as they rush in to try and hold against 2 or 3 v 1 would discourage this type of play which is largely skill-less and gives an unfair advantage to bunker comps in the conquest game mode.

Ranger//Necro