Poll: Paid Subs

in PvP

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

I was initially happy when GW2 was B2P and coming from WoW, I thought I had found the greatest pvp game ever created where I don’t have to keep paying a sub to play. Fast forward 8 months and here we are with a lack of updates, pvp features, etc. I just wanted to see what people’s thoughts are to paying a small sub ($5.00/month) instead of Anet trying to create items in the cash shop to generate money from it’s customers. I believe $5.00/month is not too much to ask if it means we get the same love as our PvE counterparts.

Thoughts?

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

No and woudlnt have bought the game to begin with.

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

no ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

This game fooled me ones. You think I am spending one more single dollar? They should make it f2p otherwise the playerbase will get smaller and smaller until it completly dies.

First they have to deliver …afterwards they can ask for my money. Nearly all of my friends left. You always face the same teams and they dont even admit that pvp is nearly dead. And I think I am not the only one. Such an announcement will instantly kill the “pvp scene” (or how this group of players is called).

in PvP

Posted by: Oareo.1604

Oareo.1604

At this point? No. They made their bed, now they have to lie in it. Changing the model now to paying more isn’t going to do anything but hurt the game.

If we could all go back in time and pitch the game with a “reduced” sub fee (like 5 bucks which you suggested), I would be into it if it meant we got the features we want faster.

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

We bought this game on the promise they will put some of that money into development, if u cant see by now they clearly kittened us hard and u see the solution in giving them more money than u are pathetic. I wouldnt have a problem spending more money if they had my respect and trust but they never did anything to earn that since release and continously just make it worse.

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: Vence.6974

Vence.6974

Lol wut..nooooooooo

The Yellowflash of GW2

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

nope. If you want to donate money use the gem store

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Well that’s how features get released faster, and with quality insurance. A 5$ a month sub would have made sure MMR would be visible, leaderboards/ladder could have been out by now.

But then again, they would have lost so many subscribers. Now is the wrong time to try something like this.

Personally I bought this game because the no sub tag. And forgot with no sub, features will come slower, because of the lack of income going into sPvP development.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Mssg.7804

Mssg.7804

yes sssssss15 yess

in PvP

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I would have paid a sub if the game was half decent when released. Anet is not the best devs out there… Needless to say, they aren’t getting more of my money.

in PvP

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

kittenty PvP in this game has nothing to do with lack of subs… GW1 had no subs also, but it didn’t have kittenty PvP.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

a game that sold 3 mil boxes ($180,000,000) upfront that would of taken a good dev team 2-3 years to develop and can’t even finish their game would want a sub fee?

yea ok. next i’ll start paying a sub fee for sim city or starcraft

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

You guys QQ to much the game is fantastic easy the best mmo ever made sure there are a few issues but so what you should go play another mmo for a bit and we will see you when you get back.

If anet needs to make more money they could to find a way to get rid of bots and perma ban gold sellers. I know of at least 5 people that have spent 400$ for gold at player auctions. I would never do this because I like playing games apart from the fact its not ethical if I was going to buy gold I would do it through the gem shop cause we really have a fantastic game here.

The people that buy 3rd party gold are the problem here they are not willing to invest in the fantastic game that was painstakingly made with the players #1 in mind.

All in all you prolly should leave the money management up to the people that work at anet and a sub would kill the game Its like giving someone an epic gift only to take it away.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

Hell no, because they will use our money for pve.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

sooooo you got a terrible pvp game for which you paid 50 bucks or whatever

and now you want people to pay for the terrible game which they already paid for?

Honestly only reason i`m still here is because there have been no decent new games for over a year – only copy paste shooters with a nice colouring (hi there bioshock 3)

Unless they improve the pvp aspect alot until then, i`m out as soon as they ask me for more moneyz

in PvP

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

You guys QQ to much the game is fantastic easy the best mmo ever made sure there are a few issues but so what you should go play another mmo for a bit and we will see you when you get back.

I still do play that other MMO actually. But since the sequel came out it’s come quite depopulated.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

So you want me to pay to play this game now?

Your answer is the same as asking people there thoughts on paying to use and have a facebook account.

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

lol u want me to pay a sub for this awful game? no thanks, was fun for a while but with the terrible managment that they have they turn it into a huge poop. It could be awsome but yea thats all that GW2 is “what it could be”.
Sure the combat is fluid and all but that doesnt make it a good game.
Im never going to buy any other Anet product or any product that any of these devs are involved.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Then why are you still here man you guys talk about how bad the game is lol your a joke.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Since when does having a sub give faster features? Anet aren’t getting less money than a sub game. Also sub games have cash shop too, I’m not seeing your point.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com