[Poll] Who Will Win The ToL Finals?

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Thought it’d be fun to have a poll for the ToL Finals coming up next Saturday & Sunday.

NA Poll: http://strawpoll.me/2363683

EU Poll: http://strawpoll.me/2363699

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

It seems people have mistaken this for ‘Who is the most popular team?’ – CM will probably take ToL2 easily.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

If you say so.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

It seems people have mistaken this for ‘Who is the most popular team?’ – CM will probably take ToL2 easily.

Why you think it’s gonna be that easy for them?

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

The funny thing is for NA, is that the only ppl voting for PKAY, blacklisted, no clu, or straight of colombia (if they get any) are probably there own players on that team ROFL. I voted for megaloDONG, cause the name.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

in PvP

Posted by: SunnyLane.9386

SunnyLane.9386

Cheese Mode will win.
Ez

in PvP

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

EU – Cheese Mode
NA – Megalodong Confirmed

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Where’s the who cares option

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

ToL 2? Is that still happening? I didn’t know it took 2 months for a tournament. I just assumed it was over because ArenaNet no longer posts anything about it. Also who won All-Stars? Prolly EU by a mile.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef, best Teef NA

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

in PvP

tichorum.2415

It’s “Alt F4”

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

The ones who use the most warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It would be much more interesting if it was happening like two weeks after new Feature Pack release. Two weeks to soak it up and maybe make couple new builds.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Team Mist 100%
They won ToL 1 after practicing for only 1 day and have been practicing longer now.
IF they will loose to anyone, I’d say it will be CM, but I doubt it!

Pineapples rule

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

I’m slightly torn. On one hand, I would love an upset on the EU side, which would foster increased competition and push the current top dog Team Mist to do better in the future. On the other hand, the most likely competition comes from Cheese Mode, and I’m not a big fan of their comp. Two warriors, two eles and a celestial engi is a self-sustaining skirmish comp that really isn’t the style of gameplay I enjoy watching. Not to say the CM guys aren’t good players individually, because they are, but the comp is boredom personified.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Obsidia.5127

Why you think it’s gonna be that easy for them?

No one really knows how to beat the CM comp at the moment. It seems pretty impossible once they get ahead.

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

All I know is I like the comp of Team Mist most. Mesmer & thief for great rotation & burst dps; guard, warrior and ele for good node holding.

I’m a big fan of the mesmer portal, thief mobility & guard res. Although I’m also a big fan of engi gameplay.

My ideal comp would be guardian, mesmer, thief, engineer & warrior.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

there is a little team called 55 hp on their way…. and i saw on last 4-5 esl weekly who win…..

in PvP

Posted by: Kenadas.9680

Kenadas.9680

Ill say CM vs TM in the final

in PvP

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

Team Mist has all the best players from when Cheese Mode was dominating… I expect TM to win although I do love watching CM’s new comp.

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

Team Mist has all the best players from when Cheese Mode was dominating… I expect TM to win although I do love watching CM’s new comp.

Maybe you didn´t notice, but we are still dominating and didn´t lose a single game yet and all our players are as good as those who left us. However this tournament gets way too much attention for what it is. High risk comps make the outcome very unpredictable and 3 wins won´t determine who is the best team overall, especially when the brackets are that uneven. There are many good teams which are on the same level and they all deserve the same amount of respect. Atleast it keeps the cluesless hyped and keeps the teams active.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

(edited by Blackjack.5621)

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

+1

in PvP

Obsidia.5127

I wouldn’t say Sizer is dominating as much as he use to and there are other warriors that are equal to ROM at the moment.

Misha & Shad are both very strong players and might be able to pull out the win for 55HP against CM, but apart from that, I just can’t imagine CM losing.

in PvP

Kenadas.9680

Rly are u serious ? U love watching CM’s new comp? Sry but this comp is the nightmare of everyone who watchs the stream and plays against them

in PvP

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

Rly are u serious ? U love watching CM’s new comp? Sry but this comp is the nightmare of everyone who watchs the stream and plays against them

Any comp that changes the meta and doesn’t run a Guardian will naturally be interesting to me.

Sure their team is bunkery but then its interesting to see how other teams adapt to this as opposed to seeing the same old Team Mist comps.

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

So no Guard, no Thief, but a Ranger is a nightmare? You ever played bunker Guardian boredom? Sorry for playing what we enjoy, but the game is definintely more fun this way.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Kenadas.9680

lol pls stop it

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Regardless of the outcome, I think this will be a good test of how the existing meta comps do against the new hotness Cheese Mode has been running for the past few weeks.

in PvP

Posted by: Brix.8461

Brix.8461

The funny thing is for NA, is that the only ppl voting for PKAY, blacklisted, no clu, or straight of colombia (if they get any) are probably there own players on that team ROFL. I voted for megaloDONG, cause the name.

I wonder if we’ll ever see a positive forum comment from Ferox.

Global Social Media, ESL
http://eslgaming.com

in PvP

tichorum.2415

I wonder if we’ll ever see a positive forum comment from Ferox.

I agree.

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

I luv u all. /sarcasm

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

in PvP

Posted by: st desnuss.5738

st desnuss.5738

Without D/P, it should be hard matchup for TM against CM.

I think if 55 win against CM, TM is more likely to win tol2, but if CM win against 55, CM is more likely to win tol2.

But atm we don’t really know TM lvl.

Sorry about my english.

Ybobb [SmK]
Guard ~ EU

in PvP

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I don’t think TM will have many issues with CM honestly. Mesmer is great against turret engi and so is thief, possibly ele too. They can clear the turrets somewhat quickly and then CM doesn’t have much going for them.

Pineapples rule

in PvP

Posted by: The Cross Killer.2854

The Cross Killer.2854

What turrets are you talking about?

Guns N Tools – Red Team[Blue] – twitch.tv/gunsnfools

in PvP

Posted by: Demon.2430

Demon.2430

As Blackjack (aka Zapdos) says, I dont think its important who’ll win this tournament, its more about making people active, about seeing new teams. We already have at least 3 high level teams such as TM, CM, 55HP and I know there are more out there, you just need to watch ESL. More teams = more competition. And more competition = better teams, which makes the game not to be dominated by only one team, which is what we should want. Therefore, this tournament is not about who’ll be the best team, its about how many good teams this tournament is going to draw.

I think that even the players on these teams (TM, CM, 55HP) would agree that they want more competition, so more teams. I just hope these tournaments and upcoming changes help to see more teams trying to play on a high level.

in PvP

Posted by: Lotso.6897

Lotso.6897

BoX vs WAG finals

in PvP

tichorum.2415

BoX vs WAG finals

Lol.