Post in the center of every point

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

It would be interesting to have a post/pillar in the center of all the points. This would be especially useful for the center point of foefire. This would allow you to intelligently avoid ranged damage. Additionally you could kite more effectively.

I personally like using the map terrain to my advantage during a fight and there should be more terrain around/inside the point for this.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

It would be interesting to have a post/pillar in the center of all the points. This would be especially useful for the center point of foefire. This would allow you to intelligently avoid ranged damage. Additionally you could kite more effectively.

I personally like using the map terrain to my advantage during a fight and there should be more terrain around/inside the point for this.

It’d favor melee users, particularly of the bunking variety. They could do exactly what you said and hide behind it, forcing ranged users into melee range if they want to hit them. Cleaving attacks, such as guardian staff 2, would also strike through the obstacle. So you’re opening up a whole new can of worms with that.

It’s not a good idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Puppet.9712

Puppet.9712

Yep, definitely not a good idea.

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

pillars are never a good thing. personally my most hated feature of any map

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

ITT: Rangers vs melee.

EU Aurora Glade

in PvP

someone.7485

So you’re opening up a whole new can of worms with that.

That is the point. It changes up game play for melee builds. Currently I see much more ranged combat than melee. Melee builds could really use some help staying alive.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

So you want to kitten the classes that counter builds requiring melee range? You realise that melee range classes include d/d ele and every type of warrior, even cele engis function best at close range. In other words, you would be making classes that are already complained about for their tankiness even more survivable.

Edit: How on earth is gim(p) an offensive word? It means ‘reduce the effectiveness’ >.>

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

in PvP

someone.7485

Google image that and add man after. It has an alternative meaning.

in PvP

someone.7485

So you want to kitten the classes that counter builds requiring melee range? You realise that melee range classes include d/d ele and every type of warrior, even cele engis function best at close range. In other words, you would be making classes that are already complained about for their tankiness even more survivable.

Edit: How on earth is gim(p) an offensive word? It means ‘reduce the effectiveness’ >.>

I would like to see the rangers stop being mindless. Give people some way to actually counter lich form. Give squishier builds a way to kite while staying on point. Really, just add things to the map that require the player to be more aware of positioning. Skyhammer went too far in this cause a minor screw up would mean insta-death.