Post patch build diversity is worse!

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Please allow us to at lest substitute the lower tier traits for highers one. A lot of the option for the grandmaster traits are just horrible. In so many cases I would rather take a master trait.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Wut? There is so many good traits for Engi, what are you talking about? I’ve been running a different build for each match and I still haven’t tried them all yet.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

The release has been out for 4 hours. It’s a little early to tell.

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Please make the Ranger off hand training range increase baseline. Dagger, torch and axe OH are horrible without it. I think this has been an oversight.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Please make the Ranger off hand training range increase baseline. Dagger, torch and axe OH are horrible without it. I think this has been an oversight.

It’s a WS master trait. The new skirmishing GM should work nicely with torch also.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It’s a WS master trait. The new skirmishing GM should work nicely with torch also.

That trait increases your condi damage, not the range or bonfire radius.

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

That trait increases your condi damage, not the range or bonfire radius.

Good point, well presented.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Can we get a TDM please?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Can we get a TDM please?

Tiny Dirty Mattress?

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Can we get a TDM please?

Tiny Dirty Mattress?

Edit: Queue lol

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: abclemons.7093

abclemons.7093

:) That was awesome.

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |
Koffix [xxx] (all the rest)
[Phnx] Phoenix Rises from the Ashes | Crystal Desert

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

You really could have tested stuff a bit more though. Took me like 30 minuts to find bugs like healing spring not working for the ranger pet or incediary ammo not adding 3×2 burn stacks but only 3×2. There are actually way more.

Even some very mediocre testing would have found those but you do like no testing at all or if you do it then you just don’t care if stuff is broken.

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Is this all there is to the new system or is there going to be more?
I heard something about elite specs

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Testing arena net ever does that

I am curious you know about elite specializations but not the fact they are expansion only. Interesting.

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Testing arena net ever does that

I am curious you know about elite specializations but not the fact they are expansion only. Interesting.

ok that sum it up thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Raven.3957

Raven.3957

Post patch build diversity IS worse because anet decided to KILL builds by removing traits that made them possible, and ensured that all the meta builds were untouched, ballanced, or buffed.

I thought we were all supposed to be able to play whatever we want? Why are you following in wow’s footsteps and simplifying the game over and over again. Why dont you just make it so simple a player only has to choose one trait line, one weapon, and one slot skill. “Are you gonna be a ranger that presses 1, 2, or 3?” “Are you gonna be an elementalist that uses fire? Air? Or water?”

Stop over simplifying crap.. seriously anet.. your killing this game. After this last patch im seriously about to quit before I ever get to HoT! Im tired of you making entire builds and characters of mine utterly worthless with your “updates”..

Id do anything to play the original buggy as’ gw2 again. In all of its difficult and diverse glory.

in PvP

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

You still felt like nerfing Condi Mesmer based on a streamer attacking a golem though…

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

Josh you guys really did a number on this game…

It’s literally who can 1shot the other opponents the fastest…

I don’t know how it’s competitive play but hopefully the next balance patch you guys put out isn’t 6 months away….

Right now it’s comes down to which team focus’s a target a little bit harder…. It’s kind of ridiculous.. there really is no skill in that.

But I guess I had fun the last 3 months, and thank you for that.

Dusty Dawg

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I think things are very interesting now. but there are a few builds that I can see getting out of hand. this spec revamp has been a great move, and it will only get better in the coming months, if devs nip the OP builds in the bud quickly. for example, might stacking on cele builds is still pretty much insane. but I think there are worse things coming.

overall, im liking the changes as a ranger.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

After a while of testing on thief, I have to agree: Build Diversity is worse.

Optimal Thief Builds for Conquest:

• D/P DA/SA/Trickery

Thats all.. D/P is the only viable weaponset, which has a very little choice of traits, which is the same as before. S/D Acro is beyond… bad.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Josh you guys really did a number on this game…

It’s literally who can 1shot the other opponents the fastest…

I don’t know how it’s competitive play but hopefully the next balance patch you guys put out isn’t 6 months away….

Right now it’s comes down to which team focus’s a target a little bit harder…. It’s kind of ridiculous.. there really is no skill in that.

But I guess I had fun the last 3 months, and thank you for that.

So far it didn’t go 6 months, but 6 hours. Mesmer has had 2 nerfs/changes already.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Please allow us to at lest substitute the lower tier traits for highers one. A lot of the option for the grandmaster traits are just horrible. In so many cases I would rather take a master trait.

i disagree, the only class i struggled with to make a good build was condi ranger but its not a bad build either. So sir i say once again i disagree

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Post patch build diversity IS worse because anet decided to KILL builds by removing traits that made them possible, and ensured that all the meta builds were untouched, ballanced, or buffed.

I thought we were all supposed to be able to play whatever we want? Why are you following in wow’s footsteps and simplifying the game over and over again. Why dont you just make it so simple a player only has to choose one trait line, one weapon, and one slot skill. “Are you gonna be a ranger that presses 1, 2, or 3?” “Are you gonna be an elementalist that uses fire? Air? Or water?”

Stop over simplifying crap.. seriously anet.. your killing this game. After this last patch im seriously about to quit before I ever get to HoT! Im tired of you making entire builds and characters of mine utterly worthless with your “updates”..

Id do anything to play the original buggy as’ gw2 again. In all of its difficult and diverse glory.

what builds of your did they kill? I was running a elixer engy before today and it got better. I was running a 0-4-6-0-4 necro before with staff and i did the same basic build and it got better. I was running a zerker warrior before and what to my surprise i was actually glassy for the first time in this game.

I literally went threw every class and changed a few things to either make them more glassy or bunkery. The only class that stayed cele for me was necro and to me every class felt like they should have. People had real problems killing my guardian, i could kill people very easily with my warrior/thief/ranger if they tried to ignore me. I stayed cele with my condi mesmer and i was still ok in team fights and i felt my necro actaully got better.

What were you using that got worse? Were you using a old meta build and now you actually had to use some skill and time other players attacks? Avoid getting hit by clones? im questioning if you actually tried to adjust or just came here to complain?

in PvP

Posted by: Raven.3957

Raven.3957

what builds of your did they kill? I was running a elixer engy before today and it got better. I was running a 0-4-6-0-4 necro before with staff and i did the same basic build and it got better. I was running a zerker warrior before and what to my surprise i was actually glassy for the first time in this game.

I literally went threw every class and changed a few things to either make them more glassy or bunkery. The only class that stayed cele for me was necro and to me every class felt like they should have. People had real problems killing my guardian, i could kill people very easily with my warrior/thief/ranger if they tried to ignore me. I stayed cele with my condi mesmer and i was still ok in team fights and i felt my necro actaully got better.

What were you using that got worse? Were you using a old meta build and now you actually had to use some skill and time other players attacks? Avoid getting hit by clones? im questioning if you actually tried to adjust or just came here to complain?

No, I dont like to use meta builds. I like to use builds that are effective without being meta. My ele build for one, was utterly removed from the game. Signet/aura ele was utterly destroyed because they REMOVED fire’s embrace from the game.

Im not gonna sit here and go through ever last class’s builds, I already said it before. If its a meta, they left it in there somewhere. If it wasnt, then they didnt care if what they moved/change destroyed it. Forcing you to only stay in three trees, forcing you to only have one of each tier, removing traits utterly from the game.. all of those things trickled down the choises of builds. They are turning into WoW when they decided that the skill trees were too much and started just having you pick one thing or another as you hit a certian level.

I’m honestly sick and tired of them preaching about build diversity, then constantly having my builds removed from the game. From way back in the day with my saveyourselves/shoutboon guardian, till today with my signet/aura condi-ele.. There forcing us to pick metas, and I dont want to play what everyone else plays. Thats not what the game was supposed to be about.

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

PvP is FUBAR. I have seen Mesmers, Thiefs and Necros more or less one-shot me over and over again. Sure I can make a one-shot build myself but no I won’t becouse I wan’t to have a fair fight. This is just stupid. Won’t play PvP until there is a fix to the high sick power output.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

Sorry guyz but this new patch is tragic.
Don’t waste your time to try to balance it. It’s just crap from the basics.
(everyone is 6-6-6, stacking condis, insane dmg outputs) It’s just crap.
Healing skills became a joke, toughness became a joke, and even finishers are useless now cause auto attack is much more faster…
So throw the whole thing out plz.
That’s it.

in PvP

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

This Balance patch was really annoying. Condis everywhere (Guardian with that kitten burning o my gosh) or u got punched by Mesmers. I dont like this battlefield attitude pvp with massiv amounts of stupid passiv gameplay and 1 shots…..

Build diversity? Gone! play One Shot Zerker or Condi.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

You can still build sustain…:crusader, celestial, cleric, settlers ect etc, people need more map awareness, less zerging mentality. Thieves and mesmers..I find them deadly, but also less “unkillable” than before so it balances out for me.

I build for dmg..and I have dmg, I build for sustain…I have the sustain so really the balance is there, definitely is there

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

You can still build sustain…:crusader, celestial, cleric, settlers ect etc, people need more map awareness, less zerging mentality. Thieves and mesmers..I find them deadly, but also less “unkillable” than before so it balances out for me.

I build for dmg..and I have dmg, I build for sustain…I have the sustain so really the balance is there, definitely is there

Well I the matches I have played Zerging seems perfect. They zerg one shot move on zerg one shot move on zerg one shot move on. If they play solo they die. There is no strategy at all. Like I can’t defend anymore. there is no use to hold a cap. I get massive conditions and one shotted. The best strategy is to do exactly like everyone else. Zerg one shot zerg one shot zerg and so on.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Well I the matches I have played Zerging seems perfect. They zerg one shot move on zerg one shot move on zerg one shot move on. If they play solo they die. There is no strategy at all. Like I can’t defend anymore. there is no use to hold a cap. I get massive conditions and one shotted. The best strategy is to do exactly like everyone else. Zerg one shot zerg one shot zerg and so on.

If they move like a zerg …outmaneuver them, you can easily see if the fight can be won as a team, organize yourself and split them up, offering a target to a well organized burst, it’s the last thing you want to do.

They go A, you go B and C, they move B, you move back A and stay C. Organize yourself, don’t have all burst specs in one spot and tanky in another.

If they rely on a zerg to win..all you have to do is using anti-zerg tactics, play smart and you win easy vs zergers

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

Forget vitality, healing power and toughness.
Only block and other invincible skills and stealth.
and forget revieve too

(edited by Bazooka.3590)

in PvP

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Maim the Disillusioned.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in PvP

Posted by: Niminion.1982

Niminion.1982

But not too early to nerf mesmers?

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

+1

Let’s give it a few weeks……

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Erm I’ve been killing plenty as a bunker, take advantage of people’s squishyness. Well timed and prioritised condi removal as an AH guard has done me well. Taken out condi guards, medi guards, mesmers etc

This is just what it is like with every meta shake up. No one knows what they are doing so the meta briefly shifts to zerk everything. Take advantage of that.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

On EU, the bunker builds have already been coming out already, so for all the people who are saying there is too much damage, just wait…

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I am so tanky right now on my Necro on NA, its the most refreshing change ever. Go ahead and bring your glass burn stuff my way

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

+1

Let’s give it a few weeks……

However, because chronomancers somehow warped space around their core profession so that time moves differently, mesmers have been nerfed within the first day of the patch.

in PvP

Levetty.1279

Not surprised he hasn’t bothered posting in the thread again, how incredibly embarrassing for him.

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Not surprised he hasn’t bothered posting in the thread again, how incredibly embarrassing for him.

Some things were just THAT obviously broken. Every single mesmer player I know is suddenly a God at the game.

Gee it must be that they all suddenly learned to play better in a meeting over night before patch day…

or…

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

As someone who used all 5 trait lines for traits and used gear to balance the stats I have to agree…

Build crafting was fun as there we’re limitless possibilities, 21614, 21641, 01661, but now im forced to use 666, required to use traits that don’t synergize well with eachother or my playstyle…

I do see what Anet are trying to Accomplish about more dominant roles for each class and more of a specialization feeling when selecting builds though.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Levetty.1279

Some things were just THAT obviously broken. Every single mesmer player I know is suddenly a God at the game.

Gee it must be that they all suddenly learned to play better in a meeting over night before patch day…

or…

So not only was condie mesmer more ‘obviously broken’ then the much stronger ele and engie condi builds but the right thing to do was rush out a massive knee jerk nerf, straight after saying they wouldn’t preform knee jerk nerfs, that means the only option for condie mesmer is to sit in stealth while clones attack?

Then again with that name I’m guessing you are just a theif who is upset Mesmer isn’t easy pickings anymore. L2p dude.

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

or…

So not only was condie mesmer more ‘obviously broken’ then the much stronger ele and engie condi builds but the right thing to do was rush out a massive knee jerk nerf, straight after saying they wouldn’t preform knee jerk nerfs, that means the only option for condie mesmer is to sit in stealth while clones attack?

Then again with that name I’m guessing you are just a theif who is upset Mesmer isn’t easy pickings anymore. L2p dude.

You guess wrong. My name comes from my affinity and signature move of pistol whipping people in shooter games, 1st or 3rd person, most notably gears of war back when it was the thing.

I have played thief quite a bit and this has nothing to do with me personally, this is feedback from my mesmer maining friends.

Feedback, get it?

It is evident you’re new here, get to know who you’re talking to, or at least if you’re going to sniper me, search my post history from 3 years ago till now and make an informed snipe.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymouse.4760

Anonymouse.4760

Unfortunately not so for thief..
D/P 60206 was easily the most played thief spec before the patch but there was still the occasional S/D 20066 thief. However with the ridiculous acro nerf now we won’t even see those anymore. Not really what i’d call “Build Diversity”

The reason why S/D had a place in the meta before was because it paired well with condi classes due to how slippery it was. Hence Noscoc’s condi necro and Magic Toker’s s/d acro.

As it stands we won’t see anything but D/P with 66006 or 60606 in the competitive scene.

MAYBE we would see some S/D on 60606 if blind on stealth is moved out of grandmaster’s so that it doesn’t compete with shadow rejuvenation anymore.

Otherwise,
I hope the balance team does a good job on our new specialization or thief will continue to be the most stale class in the game.

Katsumi

(edited by Anonymouse.4760)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Unfortunately not so for thief..
D/P 60206 was easily the most played thief spec before the patch but there was still the occasional S/D 20066 thief. However with the ridiculous acro nerf now we won’t even see those anymore. Not really what i’d call “Build Diversity”

The reason why S/D had a place in the meta before was because it paired well with condi classes due to how slippery it was. Hence Noscoc’s condi necro and Magic Toker’s s/d acro.

As it stands we won’t see anything but D/P with 66006 or 60606 in the competitive scene.

MAYBE we would see some S/D on 60606 if blind on stealth is moved out of grandmaster’s so that it doesn’t compete with shadow rejuvenation anymore.

Otherwise,
I hope the balance team does a good job on our new specialization or thief will continue to be the most stale class in the game.

Yup, exactly my pov on Thief.. Im really sad.

Im not saying the build is bad but being pigeonhold into 60606 just supports passive play more, sitting in stealth all the time. I find this sad as Thief, tbh..

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

they need to bring back s/d, and make pistols viable for once

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

S/d is viable. You need to adapt in terms of traits though.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

For engineer, i saw that now we have 5 really good lines. I am not saying that they are equals, but i find all 5 viable. Ele too is really strong and i think it has at least 4 lines really good ( i don’t love fire line but perhaps is a personal feeling )

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

For engineer, i saw that now we have 5 really good lines. I am not saying that they are equals, but i find all 5 viable. Ele too is really strong and i think it has at least 4 lines really good ( i don’t love fire line but perhaps is a personal feeling )

I would’t call the fire line weak though

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

S/d is viable. You need to adapt in terms of traits though.

All builds are viable but far from optimal in competitive pvp.
S/D is beyond bad in competitive pvp.

Thief is being pigeonhold into D/P 60606. Every Thief player knows this.
If S/D was really "optimal’, we would’ve seen them at ESL yesterday but no, only d/p, I wonder why..

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored