Potential downed state exploit?

in PvP

Posted by: Ant.3415

Ant.3415

Our group was fighting an elementalist who we downed, he then mist formed to escape as expected, but when we tried to stomp afterward, the stomp completed animation but the player didn’t die.

I figured, oh that happens sometimes like if you get the haste buff and stomp fast but then try to walk away too soon. So I stomped again and again no effect. I figured oh maybe its blocked by terrain somehow (some small curve in the ground surface, i dont know) so I just start slamming on him with the hammer (because hambow) and nothing no damage.

I did notice that he was not using #4 to heal himself however. I tried using F1 combustive shot hoping at least the AOE fire would start ticking him down but NOPE.

By this time a teamate came by and helped rez him.

So he s up now and we down him again around the corner, so in a different part of the map and the same thing. I asked him how he did it and all he said was “im not cheating” and then immediately went offline. I reported scamming because there was no other good option.

It’s either a bug or a bug with a known exploit but it has to be fixed. I wish I’d taken a video of it.

Also I play an ele often and I am sure this was not just mist form (either of them).

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Bug….happens all the time. Or sometimes my friends trying to rez me where I am not after being downed…same bug..some reason the player is not where he looks to be.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I have actually seen this happen a lot of times in Battle of Khylo’s Windmill. I am fairly sure it is a terrain exploit people are aware of as it has always related to elementalists downed in the small wooden area or purposedly mistforming towards it.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

There’s a body desync issue that’s surfaced over the past few months. It perhaps has always been happening, but has been happening with a lot more frequency.

The easiest way to reproduce it is to go down as you fall off a ledge.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i have had that happen w/engis before. not eles.

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

i have had that happen w/engis before. not eles.

Pretty much the opposite happens all the time in dungeons. If an ally gets downed from conditions in the middle of a movement skill or dodge roll, you will try to rez them to no avail. I would agree with the ‘body tracking’ bug theory.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

It is a terrain glitch, I doubt the player intentionally did it since it is most likely a server glitch, but most of the time they are within a close radius from that point (where their body shows them but they are somewhere else close by) [240 in game radius I believe ~guesstimate]. [+600 for theif, if someone wanted to be technical about the range]

The only way to counteract it would be with some type of melee type cleave (randomly until you find the real (server) body so they don’t res back), I doubt anyone would try to res back unless they want to be a pet for the person watching them.

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

IT IS A TERRAIN GLITCH THAT IS EXPLOITED BY ELES ALL THE TIME. WATCH WHEN U DOWN AN ELE ON CERTAIN MAPS…THEY ALWAYS MIST FORM TO THE SAME SPOTS AND THEN U CANT STOMP THEM. ITS A KNOWN EXPLOIT THAT ANET HASNT GOTTEN OFF THEIR kitten TO FIX YET. THE WHOLE PVP EXPERIENCE IN THIS GAME IS COMPLETE AND UTTER kitten NOW.

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

This is called a server desync and it’s been running rampant for YEARS! Anet hasn’t mentioned this issue once! Do they even know it exists!

http://www.twitch.tv/livskis/c/5604377
http://www.twitch.tv/livskis/c/5137072
http://www.twitch.tv/livskis/c/5069161
http://www.twitch.tv/chaithh/c/3919969

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 obnoxious forum poster NA!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

The problem: Latency sometimes makes clients get information too late, and think that a downed player can no longer move before they actually stopped moving. This will give the downed player an offset, and they will appear in a position they aren’t.

Because a player’s position is not updated unless they move, they will continue to appear in the wrong position until they are killed or revived. Trying to finish them off will not work because the server recognizes that you are too far away from the player to do so.

This issue happens nearly every single time I’m in a match against players with high latency, such as South Americans.

The solution: When a player’s health reaches 0, the game should send the player’s death position along with the health information packet. This way, the downed player’s position would be updated and always accurate. A high latency would cause the player to seemingly teleport into their downed state position, but that’s nothing an elegant translation can’t fix.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Wahoo! Bye frands!

UmadFrand?

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Wahoo! Bye frands!

UmadFrand?

Vee Wee doesnt understand you correctly because you didnt format your text in a FRANDLY way!

Try using the frandly format next time explained below! Wahoo!

“Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!”
>Insert Text<
“Wahoo! Bye frands!”

Hope that helped you, as it has helped Vee Wee!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Lag cause the body to be actually some where else

you need to target and use auto pilot skills to find where it actually is.

a lot of lags lately.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Wahoo! Bye frands!

UmadFrand?

Vee Wee doesnt understand you correctly because you didnt format your text in a FRANDLY way!

Try using the frandly format next time explained below! Wahoo!

“Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!”
>Insert Text<
“Wahoo! Bye frands!”

Hope that helped you, as it has helped Vee Wee!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I laughed.

Touche

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Use homing skills (heartseeker for example) and cleave/aoe where the skill takes you.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

This seems to be a glitch that happens when someone dies in hte middle of a movement ability (a leap or being pulled or knocked back. or falling) it causes them to APPEAR in a locationt here not. you usually stomp them if you swing aroudn them a bit until you get a hit and hten start your stomp there.

Whats happening is you want to stomp someone at ..l…… <—- this point but there hit by this glitch by dieing to burning during a leap and there actually back where they died at ……..l.. so if you stomp from the wrong angle you wont get them.

If this IS hte case. It happens very rarely. Ill usually see it once in 20 or so games. And its pretty much completely random. No worries though. Its difficult to rez them as well except by blind luck.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

If this happens to you and unable to hit/finish the player.Target the downed person and use a leap towards him..you will see your char jumping to a location where he is not,if you start hitting 1 you see you’re doing dmg to the downed person..continue untill he dies…But yeah it is annoying as hell.

in PvP

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

You can also sstep stomp on any class with a teleport most of the time.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.