Potion of PVP Reward

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

Q:

A blog post detailing the changes to WvW details how WvW liquid experience will be converted into boosters as of patch day. Is a similar change going to happen with Potions of PVP Reward?

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

A:

Well you said they should go away because people shouldn’t be able to instantly finish a new reward track, that other people have to work for. You speak in such a way as to dismiss the idea that people work for pvp potions which is less than accurate to put things politely.

“Changes to Liquid World Experience

In the interest of fairness to PvE players, we didn’t want to allow any WvW players who may have been stockpiling liquid world experience to instantly rank up a bunch of times and immediately begin unlocking the new expansion hero challenges the moment the expansion released. "
-Source https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/earning-hero-points-in-world-vs-world/

To repeat, the reason for the WvW potion change is because the WvW potion does indeed cause issues with how ANET wants players to deal with hero challenges on launch. The issue is that it would allow players to immediately begin unlocking the new expansion hero challenges the moment the expansion released. They don’t want hero challenges to be immediately unlocked on release.

PS: No need for the apology and simple logic. I hope I’ve made things clearer and have expounded upon my interpretation on this matter.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

(edited by OIIIIIO.7825)

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I hope not, unlike WvW potions theres a reason to stack PvP potions…

M I L K B O I S

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

fellow hoarder here, this question is also burning in my mind atm.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I also hope not. I’d been saving them for new tracks since I’d finished all of the others.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Going by what is specifically outlined in the blogpost, most likely not. The concern appears to be that people who have stockpiled wvw liquid experience will be able to progress their masteries instantly giving them a wvw advantage over other players who have not stockpiled these rewards.

With pvp, where everything is normalized/balanced competitively, the only thing you can do with the pvp reward potions is get your rewards quicker. You could have spent them now to get OTHER rewards quicker. IMO, not particularly any benefit over other players, likely no need for them to convert these potions into boosters.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

They should go away.

You shouldn’t be able to instantly finish a new reward track, that other people have to work for.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Synosius.9876

They should go away.

You shouldn’t be able to instantly finish a new reward track, that other people have to work for.

because we some how got them without playing spvp?

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Tricare.2946

They should go away.

Because I got all my WvW boosters without playing?

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Synosius.9876

I suppose you could have gone to the daily HJ sPvE rooms

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

They should go away.

Login, buy WvW experience potion for daily with laurels. It’s basically what I do.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Synosius.9876

we alrdy know whats happening with liquid wxp, the question is the Potions of PvP Reward?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Potion_of_PvP_Reward

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Tricare.2946

They should go away.

Login, buy WvW experience potion for daily with laurels. It’s basically what I do.

Joining those awesome [spvp daily, no trolls] rooms are just as easy and cheaper.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

I really didn’t ask this question in order to get into a whole WvW vs. PvP thing, i’m just trying to get an answer to a question -.-

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Why would PvP potions be affected? The system for gaining hero points through WvW is the reason why WvW xp potions are going to be replaced. No such system has been proposed for PvP so far.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Tricare.2946

Because, WvW rewards will be instantly consumed.

So should sPvP’s reward potions.

If a new track comes out, can’t have people instantly getting the rewards.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: EgyptRaider.3946

EgyptRaider.3946

Because, WvW rewards will be instantly consumed.

So should sPvP’s reward potions.

If a new track comes out, can’t have people instantly getting the rewards.

That’s a ridiculous argument. Those potions were saved on purpose to be used later, thus slowing progress on the current reward track. It’s a zero-sum move. If those potions were meant to be consumed on the spot then there is no reason what soever for Anet to introduce them…

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Tricare.2946

WvW potions and sPvP potions were introduced to complement each other in their respective game modes.

WvW potions are being removed because new content is being added and having stacks of them will give an unfair advantage when new content is released.

Allowing sPvP potions to be saved for later use gives an unfair advantage when new content is added to sPvP.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

OIIIIIO.7825

Allowing sPvP potions to be saved for later use gives an unfair advantage when new content is added to sPvP.

Potions were meant to be saved and used later.
-Potions are given as a consumable reward / this allows you to use now or later
-Potions stack – so you can store them easier / not everything stacks
-Potions don’t break the new mastery system / reason for WvW potion change

I’m willing to have a dialogue with you if you want to discuss, however I will admit I’m having difficulty in seeing the logic in your argument. All players have the opportunity to save PvP potions. I have a little over 1,085 currently and I’m looking forward to finally using them all.

and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Tricare.2946

Potions were meant to be saved and used later.
-Potions are given as a consumable reward / this allows you to use now or later
-Potions stack – so you can store them easier / not everything stacks
-Potions don’t break the new mastery system / reason for WvW potion change

I’m willing to have a dialogue with you if you want to discuss, however I will admit I’m having difficulty in seeing the logic in your argument. All players have the opportunity to save PvP potions. I have a little over 1,085 currently and I’m looking forward to finally using them all.

Sorry you can’t comprehend the simple logic in my argument.

The WvW potion doesn’t break anything at all. It just makes it so you can unlock the new content. However, if you’ve been holding onto them you get to unlock the new content much faster.

The sPvP potion functions the same way. When new reward tracks come out, you with 1000 sPvP potions will have all the new gear on the day of release. Which, is exactly why they are changing WvW potions.

So change the sPvP potions the same way.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Tricare.2946

It doesn’t break anything, stop saying that.

The only reason for the change is because, new content is released and people with potion stacks get it almost instantly.

Notice how I didn’t even need to specify which potion I was talking about? Because, they both work the same and the change should be made to both.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

People need to read the blog again. WvW xp potion are changing to stop people gaining huge amounts of hero points in the new system when HoT goes live. This has nothing to do with PvP at all. Much fuss about absolutely nothing.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

OIIIIIO.7825

It’s unfortunate you’re having difficulty understanding the change.
I assure you I’m not trying to trick you into believing something that isn’t true.

Attachments:

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

It’s unfortunate you’re having difficulty understanding the change.
I assure you I’m not trying to trick you into believing something that isn’t true.

Lol u crazy

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

They better not stealth nerf my chests. They’re full of potiony goodness.

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I tried to hoard these potions multiple times but every now and then i couldn’t ressist opening them :<
I’m back on 100 potions now though so there’s that.
Would be nice if we could get a reply from a dev on this one.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

yes, official word would be nice. I came on the forums tonight to post this very same question.

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: EgyptRaider.3946

EgyptRaider.3946

It doesn’t break anything, stop saying that.

The only reason for the change is because, new content is released and people with potion stacks get it almost instantly.

Notice how I didn’t even need to specify which potion I was talking about? Because, they both work the same and the change should be made to both.

Here’s where you are simply wrong.. Look at the dev’s post: they argue that the potions break the system BECAUSE of the influence on hero points, the fact that they let people earn the new rewards in a faster pace is not even mentioned. Your argument is completely invalid.

PvP potions are not changed because they don’t influence the progression system; they just give you rewards earlier (rewards that don’t influence playstyle or progression whatsoever; unlike the WvW potions).

Pretending that the two are functioning 100% alike completely ignores this fundamental difference that is actually the cause of the WvW change (as stated by the devs)…

Before insulting others of not being able to comprehend logical thinking, first try it out on yourself.

(edited by EgyptRaider.3946)

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Satya.2479

Satya.2479

15 hours remaining and always waiting official response …

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

15 hours remaining and always waiting official response …

you wont get an official response because they are probably extremely busy.

PvP potions will not be changed BECAUSE it has no effect on how quickly you gain hero points. That’s it. The change is tried to progression and not rewards.

Potion of PVP Reward

in PvP

Posted by: Satya.2479

Satya.2479

Probably, but would not be the first time anet breaks an item without warning :s

Now wait and see …