Power Creep and Goodbye

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

First of all I want to say that this was a good patch in terms of what got nerfed. Also I am very happy with the rank changes, fixes of titles and new reward tracks. And since I used to play on low population servers, the new mega-servers are pretty awesome.

But.

Although they nerfed some OP stuff like Pindown and Lyssa runes the amount of new broken stuff that has come available to us after this patch is just insane. Honestly I think this must have been the biggest powercreep patch across the board. Almost every class/build now does more damage then it did before. After playing some Soloques and Teamques its hard not to notice the increase in damage you take in fights.

In my opinion(!!!) this patch should have been about reducing the amount of damage overall. The nerfs that were shown pre-patched looked very promising at achieving this. However the changes to sigils for example sounded really cool, but everyone should have understood that if they would remove shared cool downs the sigils should have been nerfed, instead almost every sigil got buffed. Also the changes to rune-sets are huge (Balthazar for me as engineer is just imba) and from what I’ve see also only add to the power creep.

You wont hear me saying I’ll uninstall or hate the game cuz it would be a lie. But what I can say is that no longer will I partake in GW2 sPvP with the same dedication I have before. The new rewards are nice, but if your core game is not enjoyable then no amount of awards are going to make me want to play the game.

I’d like to use this post to thank some amazing people in the community.

• Grouch for being an amazing person in the community and nerfing AR in the right way.
  • Allie (I know she’s “gone”) for taking all the BM and turning it completely around by changing her behavior towards us on the forums and being open about her role in the Arenanet Team.
  • BLU for keeping the last bit of “eSports” alive in Guild Wars 2. I doubt we would be here without him casting all these tournaments the way he has.
  • The teams I have been in (Poor Commoners, Jurassic Five and Beauties and the Beasts) for being amazing people and putting up with all my BS and rage.

I do not think this post will have any form of impact on the balance perspective of the dev team but after spending a couple of thousands of hours into the game I felt compelled to write something.

Cheers,

Razac

#Allisvain

(edited by RaZaC.1963)

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

more damage is good.

people were complaining about bunkers before the patch.

now there is enough damage to take down bunkers.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

RaZaC.1963

more damage is good.

Oh Deimos how could I forget you. Thanks for all your wonderful posts

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

more damage is good.

more damage is bad.

Bunkers die quicker, alas so do everyone else. Since everyone became less durable in the patch you can expect an increase in the amount of bunkers and possibly thieves aswell.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

ranger pets eat my ele alive :/

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Take care Razac o/
FYI; full Turret perma 6x boon,tank, dps Engi new meta e-sports. o/

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

RaZaC.1963

Take care Razac o/

What is this madness you are talking about? You have a link?

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Agree here.

Rank: Every beginner can achieve dragon + the titles. Big let down to some of the 70-ies.

Reward-Track: PvE-Items instead of unique PvP-Stuff. Still grind is rewarded. Still no incentive at all to play competitive (which should be the core of every PvP).

Sigils: Huge Buff to Powercreep. Some combinations are riddicolous.

Even though there were improvements like the new Equip-System or some nerfs to different skills, there is still no incentive to put much effort into PvP. My prediction is, after the LOTM-Tournament, PvP will be empty again.

A-Net needs to finally get a reward-structure not only for casuals, but for competitive play, to get teams into the game. Then a league-system would actually make sense.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

RaZaC.1963

The league system actually might give me incentive to play again indeed. But it kinda depends on how they handle all the new op stuff. Do have to wait another year for a big patch? Or will we see monthly balance updates that actually deal a blow to the meta?

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

I don’t think that sigil/runes changes are bad.
Of course some of them are too strong while some are too weak, but buffing the sigils/runes is a good way to improve build variety, as now you’re not forced anymore to run lyssa if you have a low cooldown elite, nightmare if you’re a condi profession or ogre if you’re a dps because other sigils suck.

Now some people have found their new toy with balthazar and strength runes, but I’m quite sure that they won’t be the only options available as the meta settles and explore the counters of overpopular rune/sigil sets.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

More damage is good. Some runes and sigils will need to be tweaked but I like a lot of the new GM’s

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

We need more damage even now. It is the bunkers which ruin the game as they are easy to play and they just abuse the conquest game mode by getting 2 points and then bunking the third forever.

Although I agree. I gave up try harding in this game about 10 months ago. It is more fun this way though You can have some fun fights.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

We need more damage even now. It is the bunkers which ruin the game as they are easy to play and they just abuse the conquest game mode by getting 2 points and then bunking the third forever.

Warrior heal sig bunker is too effective imo. I went up against this one who’s health bar seemed to regen faster than an ele’s could.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

RaZaC.1963

Instead of increasing the amount of damage across the board they should nerf the sustainability of bunkers. If they continue this mentality of adding more and more damage to the game any non bunkers will die way to quickly.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I hope we move more toward DM. Been having a blast on the new map. Bunkers will only play a utility role (buffs, cc)

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

heheeh you are welcome!

more damage is bad.

Bunkers die quicker, alas so do everyone else. Since everyone became less durable in the patch you can expect an increase in the amount of bunkers and possibly thieves aswell.

hmmmm kitten that does not sound too good.

not only your ele.
i was practicing 1 vs 1 with my guild member, his dog bit my warrior’s leg off, the bird pecked my warrior’s eye balls and swallowed it. i tried to run away, after reading the wind, his arrows perforated my heritage armor and blood spilled all away. there is no escape.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

RaZaC.1963

I hope we move more toward DM. Been having a blast on the new map. Bunkers will only play a utility role (buffs, cc)

Maybe that is the direction this game is going. Personally I love games that involve strategy and tactics. Eventhough those are present in DM they are not nearly as complicated as in conquest. (Not speaking specifically about GW2, just the potential that the two game modes have on these fronts)

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Does no one remember the meta where bunkers were nearly unkillable?

I disagree with the OP; PvP needed more damage and less bunker, and in this patch we actually got it. Not saying everything is perfect, some runes (cough Balthazar) are a little over the top, but at the end of the day, an offense heavy meta is more fun than a bunker heavy meta.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Instead of increasing the amount of damage across the board they should nerf the sustainability of bunkers. If they continue this mentality of adding more and more damage to the game any non bunkers will die way to quickly.

Well yeh. You are right

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Hm, seems fine to me in practice.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

heheeh you are welcome!

more damage is bad.

not only your ele.
i was practicing 1 vs 1 with my guild member, his dog bit my warrior’s leg off, the bird pecked my warrior’s eye balls and swallowed it. i tried to run away, after reading the wind, his arrows perforated my heritage armor and blood spilled all away. there is no escape.

And you forgot about his Spirits were waiting for you in the underworld

All is vain.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

heheeh you are welcome!

more damage is bad.

not only your ele.

And you forgot about his Spirits were waiting for you in the underworld

hurrrrrkkk !!!

i didn’t try out his spirits in sPvP but them spirits sure good in fractal run though eheheheh.

i use fire and air sigil on my axe + sword
feels good, i throw axe or impale then my victims are burned and shocked nicely.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Take care Razac o/

What is this madness you are talking about? You have a link?

Was talking about 10/0/30/30/0 full turret engi’s. But nvm, Anet patched/nerfed the turrets this morning since it didn’t scale with PvP.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Well yeh. You are right

By increasing the damage but not nerfing the sustain options, it allows people to take parts of the sustain, part of the damage, and have balanced builds that fit better into the game than they did at launch. Presumably.

Call me Smith.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

RaZaC.1963

Well yeh. You are right

By increasing the damage but not nerfing the sustain options, it allows people to take parts of the sustain, part of the damage, and have balanced builds that fit better into the game than they did at launch. Presumably.

“Presumably” is the right word here, because people go bonkers on damage mainly.

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Although I agree. I gave up try harding in this game about 10 months ago. It is more fun this way though You can have some fun fights.

The problem relies on bunkers that bring additional stuff to only “bunkering” a point. For example decaping, rezzing or even being able to kill (see ranger). I think if only bunker-guard would be viable, the setups would be more offensive. But A-Net wants that every class can play any role. Obviously won’t work in this game.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

25 stacks of might hambow, even more broken Terrormancer, perma unstoppable burning Engineer, Air and Fire sigil Thieves, stomp and ress cancelling Power Block Mesmers, 25 might stack Elementalists and 1000s of PvE heroes. Great patch!

Power Creep and Goodbye

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

We told them sigh. This game cudda been so good

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU