Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Super +1
I hope this won’t fall on deaf ears.

Powercreep?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Gw2 is pay2play game. They already made money off powercreep and players leaving game doesn’t matter. They will just hype it by next xpac on reddit and co. and people will come back for new shiney.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Powercreep?

in PvP

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

The video is old and has been discussed to death. The video you linked is primarily dealing with pve content. You didn’t even bother to apply or adjust its message to a pvp enviroment.

I’ll summerize for you what the result of most disscussions was in the past:

- powercreep is bad if not managed properly – check

- powercreep in GW2 is mild compared to other MMOs, that is not even considering the usual level increase which other MMOs have which is a significant factor

- powercreep based on itemisation is near 0 in GW2. The significant powercreep milestones can be summed up as: introduction of ascended items, new more efficient stat combinations.

- powercreep based on skill revamps while existant is far behind genre typical powercreep. Anyone thinking this is a major factor for balance issues in GW2 is drinking the wrong coolaid (especially for pvp).

Now formulate a proper opinion instead of randomly linking to videos that are ages old and maybe people can start a proper disscussion.

Powercreep?

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Pretty much explains specializations perfectly. Anet should watch this if they want their game to last.

Bad Elementalist

Powercreep?

in PvP

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Video doesn’t really apply to Guild Wars 2, since even if someone quit the game for say a year, and comes back now the best gear they had back then is still valid, if the stats aren’t, rerolling them isn’t an issue. The main power creep in guildwars 2 is based on modifications to classes, skills and traits and ofc the elite specs.

So to summarize the people coming back don’t have anything other than a paywall(a small one considering the time people put into mmo’s) preventing them from benefitting from the powercreep and being equal with everyone else

Powercreep?

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Randomly selected video from Gw2 PvP years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ena1DVU1E
Randomly selected video from current gw2 PvP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxuRdzl3Fdk

What I want you to look at are:
-Damage numbers
-Healing
-Visual noise
-AI

Now lets talk again about how there is no powercreep in gw2.
I wouldnt count myself to the rose-coloured glasses faction, actually I havent even been playing this game long enough to be nostalgic.
But it does feel like they could take a few steps back. Or better yet: take a few steps forward, but in a different direction.

Powercreep?

in PvP

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Randomly selected video from Gw2 PvP years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ena1DVU1E
Randomly selected video from current gw2 PvP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxuRdzl3Fdk

What I want you to look at are:
-Damage numbers
-Healing
-Visual noise
-AI

Now lets talk again about how there is no powercreep in gw2.

Not sure what those 2 videos are supposed to prove. No one is disputing powercreep.

Then again, maybe just for the sake of believable footage don’t:
- take a “pvp video” made 1 month after GW2 release from someone who is giving a general overview comparing it to
- a video made during a match for a game that has been out over 3.5 years with 1 expansion in (and you didn’t even bother to find a video 1 month after the expansion hit to at least pretend that the videos might be made under similar time conditions)
- leaving out all changes to itemisation (ascended items, removal of defensive amulets, etc.)
- leaving out all the changes made to sigils, trait and character builds etc.

I wouldnt count myself to the rose-coloured glasses faction, actually I havent even been playing this game long enough to be nostalgic.
But it does feel like they could take a few steps back. Or better yet: take a few steps forward, but in a different direction.

Nope, you have not that is quite evident of your randomly selected video footage.

Powercreep?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Hey, remember bunker meta?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Powercreep?

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

The developers need to watch this video it’s the reason I haven’t loged on so far since S3.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Powercreep?

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

The developers need to watch this video it’s the reason I haven’t loged on so far since S3.

This video has nothing to do with situation of gw2.

Some must fight so that all may be free.