Praying for war/guard nerfs

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Reached a point of exasperation, every bloody match…..every single bloody match you must dance on a that point filled up with dh traps and warrior longbow aoe fire field.

I pray for rightful nerfs to both these professions…I honestly wonder if once again dh and wars will be left alone

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Totally agree. Power/condi berserk and power dh are too Op. They had complain a lot in the begining of the xpac about being too underpowered now they are top we listen nobody asking for a nerf.

I try a war, first damage, first heal near each match.
I try a dh, same result.
The frustration is that when i play war or dh i have to play normally, without concentration to have nice reward. But when i play mesmer, thief, i can be 10 times more concentrate, skilled, the result will be less rewarding.

It’s time to do something, cut the damage, healing or up the other professions!

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

ummm i have the pictures at plat levels of engys and druids hard countering the DH/warrior teams i was on.

Maybe there is a issue when its class stacking which is a match making issue.

You can even see in Helseth and sinds tournament that warrior and DH were not even on most teams.

If anything pray for build diversity, pray for skills never used in PvP to get buffs, pray to dwayna for something positive.

I mean Obindo was in a stalemate in a 1 vs 1 against a ranger running rune of the soldier. I mean alot of people know the counter, the question is are you using it?

in PvP

Supreme.3164

ummm i have the pictures at plat levels of engys and druids hard countering the DH/warrior teams i was on.

You can even see in Helseth and sinds tournament that warrior and DH were not even on most teams.

If anything pray for build diversity, pray for skills never used in PvP to get buffs, pray to dwayna for something positive.

I mean Obindo was in a stalemate in a 1 vs 1 against a ranger running rune of the soldier. I mean alot of people know the counter, the question is are you using it?

Now the problem is apparently just “stacking”….DH is completely balanced…when ele was stacked..the problem was the class and not the stacking, despite people desperately trying to say otherwise.

Did people wise up with years? Was it general hate towards eles and people wanting to see the class being completely neutered?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

If traps stopped being stackable and dps DH stopped provide so much team utility, it would be easier to deal with stacked DH teams, atm it is pure nightmare.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

At low level I can kill a large amount of classes with the DH, but the warrior hard counter me in every way. Stability always up, imunity to conditions (blind for example), CC me to the ground and can pass through my blocks, making me totally unable to fight him (if he’s good).
The DH at low/medium levels is strong and at high level is good but if you go up in ranks you’ll find engi and druids be insanely strong if compared to dragonhunter.
I tried the ranger and it’s hilarious how easy is with a druid kill enemies in 1v1. Immobilize for 5 seconds every 10 seconds, stealth spam, clean conditions easy, heal all the time, the pet inflict an insane amount of damage and if you play dps with the LB you can just do point Blank, Rapidfire and Bristleback F2 and the enemy is imobilized for 5 seconds and basicly die under your burst. Seriously, try it, it’s insane. And it’s only the start of the fight, you have also stealth if the things go wrong, HoT pets inflict insane damage by themselves.
Compared to the DH a good druid is insanely strong, unkillable and grant way better support to the team. Also have much more movement than tha DH.

The engi is one of the hardest class to manage but now with the hammer is easier. High direct damage, stealth if you need to flee, immunity skils, moa, a lot of CC, heal and condi clean (need practice with kit combos) and movement.

I can say that the warrior is really strong in this meta and is teh only class able to play in berserker (all the others play marauder) without any problem. or play condition and spam damage. He’s immune to conditions for all the time he need to kill you, spam stability, huge movement skills and a lot of CC and defensive skills.

DH is really dangerous only if stacked. At the start of a fight I always ask to focus the necro first of all and then the enemy DH. The reason is that he have only a single skill to be untouchable, the F3 is strong but in a team fight he can’t protect himself from every directions and a little of teamplay is enough to kill him really fast. Ask your thief to backstab him, he will kill him in two hits. There’s also different unblockable skills in this game, enough to make him in danger. Also, if you have stability the dh can’t do his combo, losing more or less 1/3 of his damage, if not half. Or just dodge his spear of justice, that’s enough to make him waste his combo.

If I had to ask for a nerf I will ask for Druid and Berserker.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

At low level I can kill a large amount of classes with the DH, but the warrior hard counter me in every way. Stability always up, imunity to conditions (blind for example), CC me to the ground and can pass through my blocks, making me totally unable to fight him (if he’s good).
The DH at low/medium levels is strong and at high level is good but if you go up in ranks you’ll find engi and druids be insanely strong if compared to dragonhunter.
I tried the ranger and it’s hilarious how easy is with a druid kill enemies in 1v1. Immobilize for 5 seconds every 10 seconds, stealth spam, clean conditions easy, heal all the time, the pet inflict an insane amount of damage and if you play dps with the LB you can just do point Blank, Rapidfire and Bristleback F2 and the enemy is imobilized for 5 seconds and basicly die under your burst. Seriously, try it, it’s insane. And it’s only the start of the fight, you have also stealth if the things go wrong, HoT pets inflict insane damage by themselves.
Compared to the DH a good druid is insanely strong, unkillable and grant way better support to the team. Also have much more movement than tha DH.

The engi is one of the hardest class to manage but now with the hammer is easier. High direct damage, stealth if you need to flee, immunity skils, moa, a lot of CC, heal and condi clean (need practice with kit combos) and movement.

I can say that the warrior is really strong in this meta and is teh only class able to play in berserker (all the others play marauder) without any problem. or play condition and spam damage. He’s immune to conditions for all the time he need to kill you, spam stability, huge movement skills and a lot of CC and defensive skills.

DH is really dangerous only if stacked. At the start of a fight I always ask to focus the necro first of all and then the enemy DH. The reason is that he have only a single skill to be untouchable, the F3 is strong but in a team fight he can’t protect himself from every directions and a little of teamplay is enough to kill him really fast. Ask your thief to backstab him, he will kill him in two hits. There’s also different unblockable skills in this game, enough to make him in danger. Also, if you have stability the dh can’t do his combo, losing more or less 1/3 of his damage, if not half. Or just dodge his spear of justice, that’s enough to make him waste his combo.

If I had to ask for a nerf I will ask for Druid and Berserker.

The funny part is how similar is the situation of dh to d/d ele of few years ago. Sure there was no HoT and other professions had less sustain than now and there were really just a couple of builds capable of killing d/d eles.
Still in soloq it was hard to use a single d/d ele at high levels also, great when stacked but that was about it….still the level of hate towards the class was mindblowing, insane

It was like the community was hoping ele players would die a horrible death in RL…you could touch the hate, feel it with your hands

Somehow the community wised up after HoT…or maybe is some overly attachments to some specs but anyway I don’t sense that level of hatred and I wonder why:

A) The number of players using dh/war as main or alt …it’s simply staggering

B) Suddenly stacking becomes the main culprit of all problems instead than the class itself…unless it’s elementalist in which case, it’s the class which is the problem

Which option would be?

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Should make a thread about nerfing the op’s main class to see how well he discombobulates. I know if you wana kitten off cynz, you should make a thread asking for thf nerfs.

I main ele, but currently have not been using an ele for the past 3 months
I’d pay you with gold if you can find something else to nerf on ele without straight out deleting it, dunno want to nerf the healbot? by any chance do you lose to an ele in 1vs1?…that’d be an achievement in itself

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

ele was OP stacked because the support ans healing got exponentially better the more eles you had. the only thing DH gets out of a stack is more traps. sure more traps are annoying af, but it’s really not the same at all. warrior has no benefit to be gained from stacking at all, it just ruins the comp.

sure, you’d argue if these classes don’t stack then how do you lose vs them? we’ll it’s simple, in most solo games no one works together & everyone plays like trash. so in that circumstance a bunch of DH traps will get kills. in short these classes can farm kills against bad comps & poor play.

i would argue that druid is the most effective class to stack currently, especially with the SotW bug.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

DH dramatically over-performs compared to skill level until you get to platinum. DH has a low skill ceiling, so it gets stuck there.

Warrior is similar in that it can do crazy damage while being effectively immune to CC and damage more than long enough to kill. At lower skill levels where players don’t think to avoid damage and watch for the burst setup, they dominate. Like the DH, warrior over-performs compared to skill level until you get to platinum.

So yes, warr and DH need nerfed – what needs nerfed about them is how the build carries players at lower skill levels.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

warr is really strong, dh is balanced ( i don’t play it ) . The real problem is the balance mechanism based on scissor, paper ,rock. When on a team you have 3 scissors against on the other 3 rocks, or when you have 3 papers against 3 scissors, at the same skill level , match is ended at start. If you have 3 dh against 3 mesmer at the same level … the match is over … ( only to see an example , becouse dh counters mesmers … ) .

in PvP

Supreme.3164

ele was OP stacked because the support ans healing got exponentially better the more eles you had. the only thing DH gets out of a stack is more traps. sure more traps are annoying af, but it’s really not the same at all. warrior has no benefit to be gained from stacking at all, it just ruins the comp.

sure, you’d argue if these classes don’t stack then how do you lose vs them? we’ll it’s simple, in most solo games no one works together & everyone plays like trash. so in that circumstance a bunch of DH traps will get kills. in short these classes can farm kills against bad comps & poor play.

i would argue that druid is the most effective class to stack currently, especially with the SotW bug.

Ele was nerfed to the ground , deserved nerfs or not…the class was nerfed to the ground.

The amount of hatred it received was not entirely justified seen as people like to play similar concept spec ( ultra versatile) without much regard for the same principles they used to cheer about , few months before HoT launch.

The skill level required to play dh is abysmal , same goes for war with all the stances/pulsating stability and heal burst, I find it amusing how people are happy to play that..when pre-HoT d/d ele was just as cheesy and easy to use

I’d be happy with simply upping the skill level required to perform well on dh and war….I’m not that petty and insensible to ask ele level of nerfs for war and dh.

And about the rest @Choovansky, I hope you will keep your cool head and wise analysis in the future; the time will come when something else will replace current dh and war as apex predators, it may be ele again..or something else.

I hope when that time comes, people won’t go back to the pre-HoT era where you were insulted for simply playing an ele and people were chanting nerfs songs on the forum

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Ele was nerfed to the ground , deserved nerfs or not…the class was nerfed to the ground.

The amount of hatred it received was not entirely justified seen as people like to play similar concept spec ( ultra versatile) without much regard for the same principles they used to cheer about , few months before HoT launch.

The skill level required to play dh is abysmal , same goes for war with all the stances/pulsating stability and heal burst, I find it amusing how people are happy to play that..when pre-HoT d/d ele was just as cheesy and easy to use

I’d be happy with simply upping the skill level required to perform well on dh and war….I’m not that petty and insensible to ask ele level of nerfs for war and dh.

And about the rest @Choovansky, I hope you will keep your cool head and wise analysis in the future; the time will come when something else will replace current dh and war as apex predators, it may be ele again..or something else.

I hope when that time comes, people won’t go back to the pre-HoT era where you were insulted for simply playing an ele and people were chanting nerfs songs on the forum

do you honestly don’t think i remember the months & months warrior spent as the worst class, as an absolutely unplayable mess? it was so bad your team would call GG if they even saw you on a warrior.

warrior GS needs a nerf sure, but DH is fine. only issue w DH is stacked traps, i would never just want to nerf a build because i perceived it as easy. i’d still take a good druid over a good DH any day.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

The funny part is how similar is the situation of dh to d/d ele of few years ago. Sure there was no HoT and other professions had less sustain than now and there were really just a couple of builds capable of killing d/d eles.
Still in soloq it was hard to use a single d/d ele at high levels also, great when stacked but that was about it….still the level of hate towards the class was mindblowing, insane

It was like the community was hoping ele players would die a horrible death in RL…you could touch the hate, feel it with your hands

Somehow the community wised up after HoT…or maybe is some overly attachments to some specs but anyway I don’t sense that level of hatred and I wonder why:

A) The number of players using dh/war as main or alt …it’s simply staggering

B) Suddenly stacking becomes the main culprit of all problems instead than the class itself…unless it’s elementalist in which case, it’s the class which is the problem

Which option would be?

Ele (and engi) have a “big problem” they are the most versatile classes via atunements,4 true weapon sets, (and kits,more weapon sets) and they can be easily overpowered or nerfed to trash( i think that balance team had nightmares every time they have to touch eles and engis), and it was easily demostrated by they being the kings of celestial meta(all the stats to take profit of their incredible flexibility) where they can be bunker, power dps and aply condi presure all in one

in PvP

Posted by: Gottwald.5410

Gottwald.5410

war and DH op for trash level

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Now the problem is apparently just “stacking”….DH is completely balanced…when ele was stacked..the problem was the class and not the stacking, despite people desperately trying to say otherwise.

Did people wise up with years? Was it general hate towards eles and people wanting to see the class being completely neutered?

LOL no, hahahahhahahaha

Everyone knew at the time d/d ele was OP. S/f ele and staff ele like myself were saying they give out way more damage.

People were talking about its burn damage, sustain and the fact they could easily stack boons better then any other class.

Everyone knew from the start that d/d ele was OP, the difference is you are tlaking about warrior and DH being OP which they are not. Reason we all know? Very few players are rocking the warrior and DH at the higher levels. Where as everyone and there mother could play d/d.

Even at higher levels in this past seasons i was more nervous when my team had the DH/warrior 2-3 players and the other team were more balanced. More times then not the team with stacked warrior and DH i saw lost.

So i dont understand how you can compare warriors/DH to the D/D meta.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

DH dramatically over-performs compared to skill level until you get to platinum. DH has a low skill ceiling, so it gets stuck there.

Warrior is similar in that it can do crazy damage while being effectively immune to CC and damage more than long enough to kill. At lower skill levels where players don’t think to avoid damage and watch for the burst setup, they dominate. Like the DH, warrior over-performs compared to skill level until you get to platinum.

So yes, warr and DH need nerfed – what needs nerfed about them is how the build carries players at lower skill levels.

I understand the skill floor and i agree with that.

But why not buff some of the weaker aspects of certain builds that could be used as a give and take?

Obindo on EU was using a condi warrior, he was in the tournament and he got stale mated by a druid using rune of the soldier.

How about you ask anet to give some sort buff to some skills that could create some build diversity?

Like for me, make axe do more dps and then nerf the damage of the F1 mace. Make F1 mace more condi damage instead of the be all end all. Also increase the accuracy of the sword F1.

I cant speak to DH but nerfing warrior a little bit would make it far less competitive.

Anet nerf rev and gave nothing back to the class. I saw the least amount of revs this season and to be honest you only need 1 at most. So why not buff some small things that could be used as give and take is all im asking.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

You’re missing the reason why Eles were a target of being nerfed when comparing it to stacked DHs, you never explained the reasoning for it behind those nerfs beside x profession stacked and then Y profession stacked. People forget how obnoxious the bunker meta was in S1 where first caps=wins and how Cleric Ele in later seasons were pretty much nigh immortal at that time, not only this but they single handedly dragged on teamfights.

S5 Ele is still a mandatory thing if the other side has one, granted it’s not a carry class like warrior or DH or even thief for that matter, but your team has a significant chance of winning group fights and general map dominance after, especially if the opposing side lacks an ele. I can recall many times 3-4 stacked DHs on the opposing side, instead of playing my DH I swap to menders support ele and made all those DHs ‘not very effective’. So despite the nerfs and amulet removal, the build itself is still very strong. DH imo can use tuning as far as low-mid divisions go, so no new first timer DH just insta gibs other players by placing all traps down. However higher tier seems okay for now, though we’ll see what happens Wednesday, and see if a new FotM ez class emerges from the buffs and nerfs coming.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

DH is not op, dh stacking is problem if your teammates are garbage (50% are). Warrior on the other hand can almost 1v3 for half of the match, and thats the problem. They need to nerf their passive healing to proc healing when you use skills not just passive 1000hp/sec crap.

in PvP

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

Ahahaha berserk is hard to kill now and so should be, Dragonhunter is on a good level, the only class that even buff is the revenant that suffered too much with the nerfs, at the most just know how to play, face berserk and dh with CORE RANGER And I still can kill a lot,

Berserk is the one that I have the most difficulty to kill and I can not always get it, but it’s on the level it should be

in PvP

Posted by: JordanJD.3209

JordanJD.3209

Reached a point of exasperation, every bloody match…..every single bloody match you must dance on a that point filled up with dh traps and warrior longbow aoe fire field.

I pray for rightful nerfs to both these professions…I honestly wonder if once again dh and wars will be left alone

Have you tried… not standing in the AOEs?

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Have you tried… not standing in the AOEs?

Yes..but for some reason the game ends up in defeat, a bug maybe, you should not lose the game if you don’t cap any point

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Yes..but for some reason the game ends up in defeat, a bug maybe, you should not lose the game if you don’t cap any point

You only need 1 guy on a point to hold it and only if you are defending the cap. Attackers are not restricted.

Moreover it’s situationally better to give them the point for a bit if it lets you regroup/recover/re-alpha. Both dying and giving them the point is substantially worse than giving them the point and not-dying.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

DH doesn’t need any nerfs outside of trap stacking nerf. Warriors need quite a few nerfs. Making condi’s occassionally work against them would be a nice start.

in PvP

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

DH does need nerfs, but possibly some boosts as well to raise both the skill floor and skill cap. The traps shouldn’t be instant cast, ToF shouldn’t do the damage it does, and the CD mechanic needs to change.

Warrior needs a few nerfs as well, especially to Resistance uptime AND cleansing…and maybe a smidgen less passive healing.

As for not standing in AEs, that’s such an ignorant statement that it is not worth going into in a game centered on point control. lol! (Not to mention that 1200 range, .25 second cast time, piercing, unblockable pull virtue! lol!)

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

figures this would be the thread when the only thing imbalanced is thief

Darek.1836

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

DH doesn’t need any nerfs outside of trap stacking nerf. Warriors need quite a few nerfs. Making condi’s occassionally work against them would be a nice start.

i would say bzerker need a shave, not warrior, warriors needs improvements in alot of utilitie like banners for example(gamewide).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Berzerker Warrior is right up there with Thief, any top tier and experienced player agrees.

It’s the endless DHs complaints I’m finding amusing.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Berzerker Warrior is right up there with Thief, any top tier and experienced player agrees.

1 you do know who that is right?

2nd i disagree, i find most high level players are not looking at warriors as OP.

This is why Anet needs to implement a badge/rating next to the persons name who posts in the PvP forum/ WvW level in the WvW forum.

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Concerning DH, yes it is easier to play than some other classes, but the numbers probably come from the fact that Guardian is the paladin of GW. The paladin class is normally one of the more popular archetypes in any game so that helps boost it’s numbers. Another thing that adds to DH being good is that it has more than just 1 viable build, unlike other classes that have 1 build or variations of the same thing (perma dodge D/D and perma dodge staff are just a choice of weapon imo). In season 5 I got to 1717 rating (would of tried to go for top 250, but Anet ended the season in the middle of the day before I got off work) using a burning DH build (no where close to meta, and it used 0 traps).

I remember when people really started to complain about DH, they were getting pure trapper, symbolic, burn, meditations, and random trash builds all confused and put together into a sweet 6 specialization build. If anything Guardian is a perfect example of how all classes should be because it has multiple viable builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Please bring back the Turret Engi. Haven’t seen any “Nerf Engi” threads in quite some time. I miss it.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

2nd i disagree, i find most high level players are not looking at warriors as OP.

This is why Anet needs to implement a badge/rating next to the persons name who posts in the PvP forum/ WvW level in the WvW forum.

1- I don’t give a crap who anyone is in here. Mine and anyone elses opinion matters just as much as his/hers.

2- Many competent players I personally know agree Warrior is a little too strong. Anecdotal evidence and yadda yadda, DEAL with it. Welcome to internet forums. You also have to take into consideration player perception as is clearly stated in these forums, even though I don’t agree in regards to DHs. You could also watch the Helseth and Sindrener tourney and listen to what they say, ya’ know.

3- Willing to turn this forum into a circlejerk of overentitled elitists from an already declining sPvP community, where OPINIONS are mostly only validated only if you’re the high top 0.0001% of high end PvP just shows you’re not that clever. Good luck with that.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

1- I don’t give a crap who anyone is in here.

2- Many competent players I personally know agree Warrior is a little too strong. Anecdotal evidence and yadda yadda, DEAL with it. Welcome to internet forums. You also have to take into consideration player perception as is clearly stated in these forums, even though I don’t agree in regards to DHs. You could also watch the Helseth and Sindrener tourney and listen to what they say, ya’ know.

3- Willing to turn this forum into a circlejerk of overentitled elitists from an already declining sPvP community, where OPINIONS are mostly only validated only if you’re the high top 0.0001% of high end PvP just shows you’re not that clever. Good luck with that.

You wrote your comment like the person who said that doesnt know.

If im wrong someone please correct me bu i believe that player to be Darek who plays DH. Who was top 5 all season and competed ESL, ok so thats 1.

2- Warrior wasnt greatly represented in that tourney. If we are honest only obindo played well as warrior.

3- Your first comment said top tier players and now in this comment says competent players. (back peddling)

Lastly everyone is entitled to there opinion, i would never argue your point of view. With all the threads going on about X class or skill being OP, i might be simply getting tired of people saying warrior is OP simply because some COMPETENT players struggle against it.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Ah the same story. I can’t beat a warrior or DH, they must be OP. They could not possible be better than me.

Or a case of. “I’ll run up to that DH. He won’t have any traps down this time.”

Really people. Do we not know how to fight a trap guard by now? Or how to kite a warrior? Better still how to call a target and focus them down to the floor. Because all it takes to beat a class is to:

1)Be better with your class than they are.
2)Out think them.
3)Work as a team to take them out.

That is all you need. Class stacking sucks, I will agree. Nothing worse than looking at the teams at the start of a match and knowing if the other team is compitant, they are going to win as they have the better team comp. But then I’ve won matches with 1 guard 1 necro and 3 thieves. So personal skills makes up the biggest factors in a match. You just have to play smart and not face tank everyone.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|