Pre-league balance patch??

in PvP

Posted by: darthnius.3496

darthnius.3496

Q:

When is the pre-league balance patch gonna be?

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

I’m pretty sure it was the Jan 26 patch man. I don’t think another one is coming

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in PvP

Posted by: darthnius.3496

darthnius.3496

Does Anet learn from anything they do??
I feel like when they said HoT Launch is a balance patch

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

I was hoping for a small patch halfway in between the Jan 26 patch, and the start of League season 2. Still hoping…

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

The answer sadly is no. If anet learned or listened to players, then they would have to admit they were wrong or not knowledgeable enough without player input. Thats not going to happen.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’m pretty sure it was the Jan 26 patch man. I don’t think another one is coming

I thought the idea was that they had time to make an emergency change before next season if they had to, so there might be 1.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

No please! Anything but ArenaNet balance! They are so bad and uncreative at combat design, the last thing the game needs is balance from them!

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

ANET is clueless when it comes to balance.

That said, expect to see a few small adjustments over the next couple of weeks.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

The answer sadly is no. If anet learned or listened to players, then they would have to admit they were wrong or not knowledgeable enough without player input. Thats not going to happen.

Depressing truth. I wish GW2 PvP was a standalone fully esport game, with an actual balance team that understand what power creep is. Now, the game is in such a bad state that I don’t think it will ever recover (too many things to shave).

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

If they don’t change anything about necro/thief I will stop playing.

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

I don’t think there will another balance patch, sadly. PvP is kinda messed up right now, i want to play the game but balance doesn’t want me to… so BnS i guess

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Well, the next patch is next tuesday. So they still have a chance to do it… And they may do since we are still decently far from the finals… but I don’t expect anything massive. Maybe a small change of “search and rescue” since they are probably scared of a comeback of the “rez meta”. A few tweaks here and there… That is the best you can expect.

in PvP

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

See this is what’s wrong with this game. They claim to have huge balance patches every 3 months, yet the actual patches are nothing more than last minute small changes. Along with the fact that they are trying to achieve a universal class balance (all 3 game modes at once), it is always going to bring over-nerfs and over-buffs.

This update X is godmode and Y is barely playable, next update Y will be godmode and X will be useless.

Good luck sticking around!

PS: I mentioned “last minute changes” because don’t expect me to believe that a professional developer team had 3 months observing the game, working on how to fix it, and they came with this balance patch.

(edited by Yelloweyedemon.2860)

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

I’ve been enjoying the current balance. It seems nice and fast, free flowing and people actually die and stay dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I’ve been enjoying the current balance. It seems nice and fast, free flowing and people actually die and stay dead.

It’s just one poison to another.

I want someone else other than ArenaNet to balance the game. They are clearly unable to do their jobs.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

lmao wot????

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Gods I hope not. A “balance” patch would mean ending the last vestige of power for Mesmer and more boost to rev and reaper.

Honestly, I’m seeing changes. I strongly suspect there are ninja changes being made and not announced. Rev seems extra tanky again, as an example.

Mesmerising Girl