Premade after Premade, bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

So tonight it was premade after premade, yeah once the group of pugs beat one premade but all the other games vs premades loses.

That and I waited over 5 min every queue….

Whats even better is that kitten talking premades, pugs work hard lose by 100 at least make it a fight and the toxic premades talks trash for no reason.

Fine part of pvp, I can deal with it but clearly others cant as queues get longer and longer.

Seems more and more people are doing PvP just for the daily not because they enjoy it.

Please just bring back solo queue, clearly 2v2, 3v3 5v5 etc deathmatch will never happen. At least bring back solo ranked games.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

I’ll rage with you. I hate this premade bs.

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Yeah, I used to pvp more often but lately I’ve been trying to find things to do in wvw and pve instead. It’s not just pug vs. premade, it’s also having to wait in HOTM to queue, long queues, sometimes 4 v 5s, sometimes totally new players vs veterans, combined with the toxicity from elitists and ragers. I agree that getting stomped by a premade that act full of themselves for beating pugs is annoying, too.

Really, I would still be pvping a lot if the old system was still in place, with the old leaderboard, solo queue and team queue separated, and being able to queue outside HOTM. The changes didn’t do anything positive for the pvp community in my opinion. :/

in PvP

Posted by: Alexander.9810

Alexander.9810

Yall need to read this and ask yourself if what you’re complaining about is proof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection

Warrior in FFXIV, the best MMO in the world
Former Warrior in Guild Wars 2
Former Sith Warrior in SWTOR

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Yall need to read this and ask yourself if what you’re complaining about is proof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection

I agree so much, the vast majority of Tpvp folks are carried, solo queue was the natural selection that shut them up.

I remember climbing solo queue casually to top 50ish, playing against alot of carried by team folks that eventually gave up because they never topped 500. They cried and cried to Anet about long team queues and how bad solo queue was how meaningless kept telling themselves that over and over, but lets be honest they discovered how average they were and did not like it so wanted solo queue removed.

Props to the very few elite that climbed to the top of both solo and team queue those were good players.

Anet bring back Solo queue … natural selection

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

i wouldnt be disappointed if my team also had equal/any pre-mades instead of only the opposition…

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

pug teams have also more afkers.
if you are a solo player prepare to get destroyed.
dont know what where they thinking when they removed solo q.

action combat made mmos better lol

in PvP

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

dont know what where they thinking when they removed solo q.

Anet.

But seriously bring back solo q!
Why do they want me to play against premade teams when my team is random?!
Just 2 modes Team vs Team Or Solo is that really to much for anet?

I mean every game I know has in terms of pvp at least this 2 options when you fight either as a team against other teams or just solo with 4 other solo ppl.

WTF went wrong?!

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

+1

But only if the rewards for soloQ are equal to those of TeamQ. Otherwise I’ll just solo in TeamQ like I was doing before. It’s important for me not to lose out.

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

Aww yisss, let’s bring back Solo Arena, with all the kids QQing, where the team with more members won (because most of the games were 4vs5) with a imbalanced matchmaking as today’s queues. And of course with the lack of communication and people who thought they were “pros”.

Did I do it right? We can QQ about everything. Of course I am against the implementation of Solo Arena again.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

ETA on PvP coming back out of beta? Any smug ArenaNet devs available to comment?

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

jihm.2315

Aww yisss, let’s bring back Solo Arena, with all the kids QQing, where the team with more members won (because most of the games were 4vs5) with a imbalanced matchmaking as today’s queues. And of course with the lack of communication and people who thought they were “pros”.

Did I do it right? We can QQ about everything. Of course I am against the implementation of Solo Arena again.

you are the one that thinks he is pro cant play your class or the unknown scares you so you rely on teamspeak otherwise you would not be against solo q
rat without guts

(edited by jihm.2315)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

ETA on PvP coming back out of beta? Any smug ArenaNet devs available to comment?

shhhh just wait for the npc race where you can win with no player kills. hush now it will be just npcs to kill no more tears.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

jihm.2315

you play premades you bring a thief start a fight on point with somebody go stealth and let your team finish him basically premades vs pugs = cheating

in PvP

Posted by: Baconplease.1657

Baconplease.1657

Bring back Solo Queue. Its kittening bullkitten that a group of pugs has to fight an organized guild. If you wont bring back solo queue at least force them into HotJoin custom maps (to practice privately with other guild/themselves) or into Ranked even if there is more then 1. Give Solo players a place to have at least a fair chance.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Find some friends and queue with them.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Baconplease.1657

I don’t have/want friends. I play this game to be alone.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Why should he be forced to play a way he doesn’t want to? It’s not as if forming a team is somehow superior to playing solo.

in PvP

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Why should he be forced to play a way he doesn’t want to? It’s not as if forming a team is somehow superior to playing solo.

You forgot your /sarcasm tag.

Either way, you should probably stick to unranked if you want to wing it.

in PvP

Baconplease.1657

There is a clear issue when there is 4 threads about the Pugs Vs Premades on the front page of the PvP forums. Thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

So play alone. Mmr exists to give you that choice.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

So play alone. Mmr exists to give you that choice.

The game doesnt let us enjoy playing SoloQ like we did back then

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Alexander.9810

Play Smite, LoL, SC2, Dota 2 or other games that have greater dev support for the PvP…

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Can I have a guarantee that no teams will be allowed in unranked then?

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Play Smite, LoL, SC2, Dota 2 or other games that have greater dev support for the PvP…

Say dude who play some cheap animu wow clone.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Alexander.9810

Say dude who play some cheap animu wow clone.

Rofl don’t hate. Nothing cheap about FFXIV. GW2 on the other hand…

in PvP

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

I was pretty ambivalent about the pre-made issue, mainly because I have benefited a great deal from being the novice spare on a pre-made team of players much, much better than myself. I’ve learned a lot from those experiences, which is valuable in its way.

But kitten if it’s mostly profoundly unfun to be up against those squads, especially on maps that benefit a lot from communication and familiarity with each other (and, given the limited number of maps, more than likely well-established strategies coming into the fight). The rewards aren’t awesome enough that I’ll PvP just to be offed over and over again by a coordinated zerg of players with matching guild tags (and finishers well above my rank), and anyone who reads the team chat for the ragtag-misfits teams on the receiving end of such lopsided beatings can see that a lot of solo players feel the same way.

in PvP

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Bring back the solo que please. I have no friends to que with.

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

When solo queue existed, there was no queue pop attendance check. Also, Skyhammer was a map option. The matchmaking algorithm was also different back then.

We never truly had a proper solo queue. With all of the improvements to arenas today, reviving solo queue would be interesting. My suggestion: change Ranked to solo queue only; Unranked can still have team premades.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Regarding the efficacy of solo queue, we have to understand why the concept of solo queue even exists. Why do the major e-sport powerhouses like League of Legends have ranked solo queue mode? Why is their solo queue mode the most popular mode? Why did many of the successful e-sport players in League get recognized from their performance on the solo queue ladder? Certainly there is a reason.

Solo queue is important for building a competitive community because it is a true test in skill: can you carry your team or not? Solo queue builds players into carries and leaders. It forces players to learn, improve, and as a result, the community becomes a more competitive environment.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I would play pvp again if they brought back solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

You complain about long queue times and still want to separate queues to get even much longer queue times?

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

You complain about long queue times and still want to separate queues to get even much longer queue times?

The queue is long because the system suck…not because we lack players to bring in PvP.
The majority of players in every MMO are solo players, there should be something to promote the creation of teams *( a better “looking for group”, better rewards for team tournaments).

You first increase the quality and quantity of the playerbase*(which are solo players by the 70%)* by adding better rewards, better matchmaking…just better system.

From that playerbase you will then get competitive team which will be attracted by even better rewards in team tournament.

That’s how every serious game does it, GW1 was like this….

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Premade is an organized group?

When you join Unranked there are no premade groups right?

Or is it?

in PvP

Batelle.1680

Or is it?

No, there are pre-mades in unranked, too. It’s not always a five person group, some “pre-made” teams are 2, 3, or 4 people grouped plus solo pugs to fill out their number.

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Or is it?

No, there are pre-mades in unranked, too. It’s not always a five person group, some “pre-made” teams are 2, 3, or 4 people grouped plus solo pugs to fill out their number.

OK.. didnt know that, but issnt premade for ranked?

Then whats the difference between unranked(solo arena.. but can be a team also..) and ranked (team)?

in PvP

Batelle.1680

Or is it?

OK.. didnt know that, but issnt premade for ranked?

Then whats the difference between unranked(solo arena.. but can be a team also..) and ranked (team)?

No- you can solo q in ranked or unranked. If I understand it correctly, unranked earns you rewards and levels your PvP rank while ranked also counts towards your standing amongst all players who participate in ranked PvP (the leaderboard). So if you were a ranked player and wanted to try out a new build or group with some guildies who had never played PvP before, you could q unranked and not have to worry about impacting your overall rank.