Premades vs Pugs - ANet

Premades vs Pugs - ANet

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

So again, what is your plan for S3? I agree with the idea that you need to use solo queue to fill in when a pre-made is against less than equal numbers. That said S1 using that as basis for deciding who has odds and paying out accordingly made sense. S2’s win +1 lose -1 is abusive to the SoloQer. Again, we don’t have your stats to help suggest actions, but you have to realize that then leaves Solo peeps with bitter tastes saying WTF. Why was a 5 man group against a 2 man and 3 solo added in. Your slowly turning fans into critics.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Premades vs Pugs - ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I loved (NOT) the premade tempest team we had to play against. Yeah, that was so fun. Fun, fun, fun.

Premades vs Pugs - ANet

in PvP

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

YoloQ’ed to legendary. Found season 2 far more accomodating for a filthy casual like myself. Dishonor doesn’t touch pips, don’t knock us 2 pips for kitten we can’t control, pick ruby or diamond as seperation division. Both are just painful and horribly discouraging. Make ruby more forgiving, and make diamond worse; my 2 cent vote.

Premades vs Pugs - ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Ghorman.1368

Ghorman.1368

I want the solo queue back. I don’t care about my wait times but going against Premades isn’t fair for pugs. Even if the Pre is only 3 players that is still too many.

Premades vs Pugs - ANet

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I am wondering if the right mix is something like an adjusted S2 match making with logic from S1’s scoring that awards based on performance. Now granted if matching making is refined further that might not be needed but if you don’t have some logic to account for performance then you end up with people giving up since a 500-0 is the same as a 500-499.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Premades vs Pugs - ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

I want the solo queue back. I don’t care about my wait times but going against Premades isn’t fair for pugs. Even if the Pre is only 3 players that is still too many.

Solo players didn’t have to wait very long to get into a match back in the day when solo and team was split into 2. There was always a lot more solo players than team players, merging them together was for the benefit of team players so THEY could get in more quickly and at the cost of solo players no longer having fair matches but instead getting farmed by premades…nice system isn’t it

Premades vs Pugs - ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Solo players didn’t have to wait very long to get into a match back in the day when solo and team was split into 2. There was always a lot more solo players than team players, merging them together was for the benefit of team players so THEY could get in more quickly and at the cost of solo players no longer having fair matches but instead getting farmed by premades…nice system isn’t it

Hmmm, that’s actually an interesting point. The majority of people like to be able to just jump in and play, aka solo players.

I was thinking that bringing the two queues back wouldn’t work, but now that you mention it, the majority like to solo.

Premades vs Pugs - ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Hmmm, that’s actually an interesting point. The majority of people like to be able to just jump in and play, aka solo players.

I was thinking that bringing the two queues back wouldn’t work, but now that you mention it, the majority like to solo.

Yea its more fun and less stressful to just hit enter and get in and not have to go through the trouble of making a team so that is the way most prefer to play. So yea there will never be a shortage of solo players, just wish they could still get fair matches against other solo players.

Premades vs Pugs - ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

Solo players didn’t have to wait very long to get into a match back in the day when solo and team was split into 2. There was always a lot more solo players than team players, merging them together was for the benefit of team players so THEY could get in more quickly and at the cost of solo players no longer having fair matches but instead getting farmed by premades...nice system isn’t it

Likewise. I have nostalgia for the old PvP system myself with SoloQ and Team PvP systems separate. Those were the PvP golden days. Which ever idiot(s) that got the bright idea of merging it into the current system, should be fired IMHO.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

(edited by Tyyphoon.5301)

Premades vs Pugs - ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

u kidding right season 2 is by far the easiest compare to season 1 to play soloQ

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend