Previous seasons should not have counted

in PvP

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

ALL players, not just the " new" ones should have startet out with 1200 rating.
That would have solved at lot of the current issues with divisionplacement.
The good ones would climb, the bad ones would fall.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I disagree. The system how it is has been giving me great games all the way through the season and to be matched with many bad players at the start would just not be enjoyable at all for me. People who are better than the division they are in will climb, people who are worse will drop down. It is great as it is.

I understand, getting put in a low division and being put in games with awful players (if you belong in a higher division) can be annoying, but that is what some people are bound to experience at the start of the season. It would just be unnecessary in my opinion for EVERYONE to have to deal with that.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

I’m pretty sure my soft-MMR was well below 1200, I went 6-3 (4 with one dc that probably still hurt me because Anet reasons) in my placements and was put at like 1182, and have quickly shot up to high silver and am hovering around 1320 because I’m too lazy to grind out gold.

I’m actually enjoying this season, despite only having played some 30 games. Knowing that games aren’t essentially pre-determined is excellent. It’s funny, because I look at the people I friended in season 3/4 that I was frequently losing to that are all 1350-1500 rating, and the people that were always on my team that are 700-1050 and wonder why I absolutely hated PvP for so long.

Anet FINALLY did something moderately right, and I’m just trying to enjoy it before I burn out.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

I enjoy watching the people in wvw ‘fight guilds’ or wvw ‘duelers’ who talk big get rekt below me. Such proof and gratification this season.

in PvP

Posted by: Navajas.3147

Navajas.3147

It’s too late now, but I totally agree. The matchmaking system seems to be really good now, but the early placement and differences is just bad. We should have had a total reset and climb without division placement.

Heroes’ Ascent.. hero
Long White Hair – among others

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

no it wouldve been absolute chaos with ESL players going against day 1 players.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

S1-S4 did screw up ratings a bit, but not enough to warrant a full reset.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

ALL players, not just the " new" ones should have startet out with 1200 rating.
That would have solved at lot of the current issues with divisionplacement.
The good ones would climb, the bad ones would fall.

The reason you don’t want this is the good players, the ones with 6alts in the top 100 will not only rek you at the start of the season, but they will be bringing in alts through out the season and completly destroying players. The faster the match maker can separate the good from the bad, the better.