Primordial Legend is not bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I just got the title when I hit prestige two just now.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Stivie.4538

Stivie.4538

This titel subject to league champion. It should subject to legend 1 …thats what Grouch sad.

Maybe 2 different person worked on it. They need to change it as fast as possible or season one get more time (22.Feb)

I dont know why anet changed it 14 days before season 1 ends

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

Well, there’s a couple of things that we were all going off of.

First:

The title should unlock once you enter legendary. It’s a bug, and is slated to be fixed in our next release.

Second:
The ANet blog post said that players that reach the legendary division will get a unique title. Though after looking at the news post history, I’m fairly certain they deleted thatlittle tidbit out of the post. Feels a little George Orwell to me…

Check for yourself: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-pvp-league-begins-on-december-1/

It is a little disappointing that we need to grind out more pips for this title, lest we have to do it all over again next season… I would rather have the title be proof that someone got to legendary division — not some arbitrary number of divisions crossed.

in PvP

Posted by: Indrea.7803

Indrea.7803

Can we have a final confirmation?
In the blog post and Grouch said that it was sufficient to reach Legendary Division…and it’s the most logical thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Operator.6523

Operator.6523

got it by reaching legendary

in PvP

Stivie.4538

You have legendary 1 ?

in PvP

Operator.6523

Yes. It seems like it’s bugged for people who are already at legendary.

in PvP

Stivie.4538

Oh okay … legendary would be fair and ok

in PvP

the sober ninja.6539

Legendary just makes sense, that’s the division everyone strives for; the accomplishment that people would want to show off. Why have no recognition for that, but give a title for some arbitrary number of divisions crossed?

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

so to clarify we can get this title by getting to legendary, and not one tier in legendary?

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Operator.6523

so to clarify we can get this title by getting to legendary, and not one tier in legendary?

Yes just reaching Legendary from diamond got me the title

I got the title but I don’t have the league champion since you need Legendary x2 for that. It says cross 6 thresholds so the wording is either wrong or its a bug and I wasn’t supposed to get the title.

(edited by Operator.6523)

in PvP

nacario.9417

based on past experiences with anet my guess is that whoever made the wording just looked at the scoreboard n counted 6 divisions, so they made it like that. Hopefully it isnt a bug then and they need to fine tune the achi text once more.

Power Ranger PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

It is by far the most confusing thing on gw2.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Indrea.7803

Indrea.7803

So? Any news? Can we have an answer? Because there is not a lot time left…and we don’t know how to obtain it.

in PvP

Posted by: blajeengodx.6845

blajeengodx.6845

Have some ppl using the title, but its impossible…

Attachments:

BlaJeeN-
www.twitch.tv/blajeeen

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I think the problem is, Anet did fix it but they didn’t compensate for players that hit Legendary before the update. Which is why people that are hitting Legendary now after the change are getting it; also if you prestige after the patch you’ll get it. So if you were Legendary before the change, you need to either wait for them to fix it or prestige.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

yes its bugged still if you get to legendary division before fix

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

The intended design is that you should receive the achievement for initially entering legendary (1x). We’re still investigating the issue and will update as soon as we can.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

why don’t you just copy the “cross x league divisions” achievement of year of the ascension, change it to 6 divisions and award the title for the time being?

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Wakani.1829

Wakani.1829

The intended design is that you should receive the achievement for initially entering legendary (1x). We’re still investigating the issue and will update as soon as we can.

This title should be dissabled for this league, since people are ’’farming’’ it rather than earning it. through stronghold and other nifty – but not fair ways.

The title should be one of prestige, for those who earned it, not those who farmed it through a flawed, bugged and in many other ways useless league system.

Anyone, regardless of deserving it or not, should be denied that title this league.
Those who DID earn it, can easily do so again, those who cant didnt really earn it this league anyways and doesnt deserve it anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: darknessproz.8209

darknessproz.8209

Can you clarify if this title is ONLY for this season (i.e. each season will have a different title) or if we can earn this in another season?

in PvP

Posted by: Deborah.7248

Deborah.7248

If its true that hitting legendary is supposed to be the trigger then something is wrong. From what I recall Amber division does not count as a division cross for the ascension achievement. You gave the title to people that had achieved the League Champion achievement and to do that currently you need Legendary x2. Someone with a better memory correct me if I am wrong but that points to the issue being amber.

in PvP

Posted by: Mech.4679

Mech.4679

If its true that hitting legendary is supposed to be the trigger then something is wrong. From what I recall Amber division does not count as a division cross for the ascension achievement. You gave the title to people that had achieved the League Champion achievement and to do that currently you need Legendary x2. Someone with a better memory correct me if I am wrong but that points to the issue being amber.

You are indeed wrong, your reasoning is based on an achievement. While we are basing it on what Anet told us. When they released the PvP leagues they stated that when you reach legendary you will get a title for it. Then Anet dev also told us that you will get it when you reach legend (x1). And that it is indeed bugged. Now after this “fix” I sent another mail to anet asking what happend. They replied that it is still bugged and that they will fix it.

in PvP

Deborah.7248

And this is where confusion is setting in. Josh’s post says you get it for entering legendary initially meaning as soon as you get the badge. For that to count as 6 division crosses Amber would need to count as a division cross itself, which it does not. 6 division crosses going by the ascension achievement(why would it be a division cross for 1 but not the other) is legendary x2(meaning you get your badge then get 1 more tier). So which is it, 6 division crosses currently meaning x2 or is it supposed to be when you get legendary meaning amber should count as a division cross.

in PvP

Mech.4679

And this is where confusion is setting in. Josh’s post says you get it for entering legendary initially meaning as soon as you get the badge. For that to count as 6 division crosses Amber would need to count as a division cross itself, which it does not. 6 division crosses going by the ascension achievement(why would it be a division cross for 1 but not the other) is legendary x2(meaning you get your badge then get 1 more tier). So which is it, 6 division crosses currently meaning x2 or is it supposed to be when you get legendary meaning amber should count as a division cross.

It is when you ENTER legendary (x1). You based your 6 division crossings on an achievement description. The when you ENTER legendary is based on what Anet TOLD us and what they STATED when they released the PvP leagues. I hope this clears it up. (My support ticket also confirmed this).

in PvP

Deborah.7248

And that is exactly what I am saying, for Primordial to work like that Amber would need to count as a division cross. Amber does not count as a division cross currently. You’re ignoring the fact that Primordial Legend is itself an achievement. Just looking at it it says 0/6 divisions crossed.

I am bringing up the ascension achievement because in essence these 2 are the exact same thing. Both achievements measure division crosses, only one broken up into different tiers. Where ascension is concerned Amber is NOT considered a division cross, so it would go to follow that it does not count for Primordial Legend as well and being Amber is the first division then Primordial legend would be unable to even be started as 1/6 on the way to legendary. I’m pointing this out as the possible cause of the bug that is preventing people from getting Primordial when they hit legendary rank.

What I’m seeking clarity on is in fact if Amber is supposed to count as a division cross(and based on what they say, it is) for Primordial, if it is then Ascension is also bugged in that respect.

(edited by Deborah.7248)

in PvP

Mech.4679

And that is exactly what I am saying, for Primordial to work like that Amber would need to count as a division cross. Amber does not count as a division cross currently. You’re ignoring the fact that Primordial Legend is itself an achievement. Just looking at it it says 0/6 divisions crossed.

I am bringing up the ascension achievement because in essence these 2 are the exact same thing. Both achievements measure division crosses, only one broken up into different tiers. Where ascension is concerned Amber is NOT considered a division cross, so it would go to follow that it does not count for Primordial Legend as well and being Amber is the first division then Primordial legend would be unable to even be started as 1/6 on the way to legendary. I’m pointing this out as the possible cause of the bug that is preventing people from getting Primordial when they hit legendary rank.

What I’m seeking clarity on is in fact if Amber is supposed to count as a division cross(and based on what they say, it is) for Primordial, if it is then Ascension is also bugged in that respect.

Yes, we know what you mean. It should say 5 division crossed instead of 6. But no this is not the bug since the players who recently achieved legendary (after the update) got the title. And people who were in legendary 2 for example and who also have the league champion achievement completed did NOT receive the title.

Anyway, just wait till they fix it.

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

Rename to “Legendary MMR exploit” or “Legendary amber farmer”
or just remove it for this saison
or just give it to all players who completed amber

in PvP

Posted by: gwcarvalho.4590

gwcarvalho.4590

Anyone can explain me this? Thought it was solved (screen taken 14th january)

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Its because the way they designed the achievement is whenever a player crosses into the legendary division or next prestige x1, it triggers the achievement.

This was done right after the recent patch, which means you could be Legendary x6 prior to the patch but will not get the achievement unless you cross another division.
This is obviously a bug and a simple fix for Anet would be to take all players who are Legend and simply give them the achievement upon their next login since many players who hit Legend after the recent patch have gotten the achievement.

Also the patch notes, that state you must complete “League Champion” is wrong and the title is not automatically awarded if you had already completed it prior to the patch.

in PvP

Posted by: eksn.7264

eksn.7264

Also the patch notes, that state you must complete “League Champion” is wrong and the title is not automatically awarded if you had already completed it prior to the patch.

Isn’t League Champion basically just crossing to Diamond?

Noz

(edited by eksn.7264)

in PvP

ZilentNight.5089

To Complete League Champion you have to complete Legend once, i.e. gain all pips in legend and cross into Legend x2.

However, I think that may have not been the true intent, my guess is that Devs wanted players to get this title as soon as they reached legend Division, meaning they completed Diamond.

in PvP

Posted by: eksn.7264

eksn.7264

To Complete League Champion you have to complete Legend once, i.e. gain all pips in legend and cross into Legend x2.

However, I think that may have not been the true intent, my guess is that Devs wanted players to get this title as soon as they reached legend Division, meaning they completed Diamond.

In order to complete it in 1 season you mean? Does that imply that Primordial Legend is a season 1 only achievement?

Noz

in PvP

ZilentNight.5089

In order to complete it in 1 season you mean? Does that imply that Primordial Legend is a season 1 only achievement?

No, you can get in future seasons as well

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I doubt it, the title would make no sense if it is for future seasons.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Graka.9457

Graka.9457

No, you can get in future seasons as well

Are you sure about this, cause there seems to be a lot of miscommunication on this as well as the Year of the Ascension achievements. Some people say the Year of the Ascension ones reset, which is really stupid if true since it takes 60 days to finish all the achievements and we only had 58 days to play, and on top of it you will keep getting gifts you already have, and don’t need. And the legendary title, people are saying this tourney only, others are saying forever you just have to hit legendary. Arena Net really needs to clarify this quite abit better, the vague and contradictory answers are irritating.

I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Primordial legend title is for the FIRST season only, next season will have its own unique title

The titles are a way to display which season you have obtained legendary in and gives people who already have gotten to legendary in past seasons incentive to attempt it again for the new title

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Anyone can explain me this? Thought it was solved (screen taken 14th january)

They have not fixed it yet. I have the same issue. Thanks for posting, though. I was thinking they already fixed it and something else was wrong.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

ZilentNight.5089

Primordial legend title is for the FIRST season only, next season will have its own unique title

The titles are a way to display which season you have obtained legendary in and gives people who already have gotten to legendary in past seasons incentive to attempt it again for the new title

This is absolutely false information, do not listen to such players who have no basis behind these statements.

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

This is absolutely false information, do not listen to such players who have no basis behind these statements.

Except for the part where the devs when they started talking about leagues said that league divisions would reset every season but that you can receive a UNIQUE title for each season if you reach legendary division

Do you know what primordial means? It implies FIRST which totally makes sense with it being the title for the first season

(edited by Kayberz.5346)

in PvP

ZilentNight.5089

With only 10 days remaining now till end of season, it would make sense for Anet to provide some details as to what qualifies for us to be considered “Primordial Legend”

Many players have received this title by hitting legend after the recent patch, whereas players who got Legend prior to the patch still don’t have the title…

What fix is being implemented?

in PvP

the sober ninja.6539

Grouch was pretty clear, I’m content to just wait till patch. I’m sure it’ll get resolved soon™.

in PvP

Posted by: Cameron.6215

Cameron.6215

Grouch was pretty clear, I’m content to just wait till patch. I’m sure it’ll get resolved soon™.

You do know they “tried to fix it” last patch and that was the patch he was talking about, they just made it so new legendary players can get it on reaching the division which is complete BS.

in PvP

the sober ninja.6539

You do know they “tried to fix it” last patch and that was the patch he was talking about, they just made it so new legendary players can get it on reaching the division which is complete BS.

It’ll happen, just be patient.

in PvP

nacario.9417

Except for the part where the devs when they started talking about leagues said that league divisions would reset every season but that you can receive a UNIQUE title for each season if you reach legendary division

Do you know what primordial means? It implies FIRST which totally makes sense with it being the title for the first season

Idk if they changed the wording, but in the first iteration of the achi it also ended with ‘…in the first season’. So u r most def onto something. My only gripe is that some exploited their way to it, which dimishes the value of this title. As someone having spent a great deal of time as soloq to legendary im quite upset with anet on not being able to predict match manipulation.

Power Ranger PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Cameron.6215

Cameron.6215

At this point I’m getting pretty bummed out because by next season why use the old title? Lame

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

At this point I’m getting pretty bummed out because by next season why use the old title? Lame

The title is FOR next season. You have your emblem to show it now, so people already know you’re legendary. Next season, everyone will be amber again and the only way to see who was legendary season 1 will be the title.

in PvP

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

im prestige 2, still dont have it, lets see it i get it prestige 3

in PvP

Posted by: Auroraborealis.2758

Auroraborealis.2758

i hope u fix it soon =’(

Attachments: