Problem for new pvp players

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Ok so we got some new guild members and they wanted to pvp against one another and for some of the veteran guild people to assist and show some things. Problem we go to practice and we were all thrown into random games. Without the servers, friends new to the game cant duel one another. We cant 2 vs 2 on a open server. I mean these guys have less then 1k ap and are just getting thrown into practice with some people who are crushing them.

Also some people dont want to do it for the competition, just the fun of saying they beat a guild mate or friend. Im just unsure how to take new pvp players to areas where its not killed or be killed.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Custom arenas solves your Guild’s problem.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

thanks, but i dont see them in the gem store. Also there only good for 30 days seems like a waste to spend gems for 3-4 days for new guild members to casually duel each other once or twice. Thanks again

in PvP

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

It was removed from the gemstore.
You can buy the starter kit for 200 gold from the arena vendor in the heart of the mists.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

You can maintain a custom arena by spending 200 gold and 2 gold every 2 weeks. If there’s a day you need to use it just spend 2 gold.

I spend about 4 gold per week maintaining mine, at most it would be 14 gold per week.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Yeah, maintaining a custom arena isn’t that expensive as long as guild members help chip in every once in a while. Alternatively, my guild used to do gold lotteries in which the winner would receive 75% of the pot and the other 25% would go towards the custom arena. It worked very well, especially when richer guild members threw in extra prizes.

Good luck. I understand how hard pvp can be for newer players. I welcome them to the community!

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Just use the server browser. There are enough free custom arenas around, where you should not get disturbed from other players (but to make sure, you’d have to create an own and protect it with a password).

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend