Problem in TPVP Community

in PvP

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

http://imgur.com/a/22O73#0

In the album above, you’ll see just one of the many conversations that I’ve seen where one person (in red) trash talks other people (in blue and green) in a TPVP match within the same team. It started even before the match commenced with the person in red saying we already lost because of a “bunch of pve hero mesmers”. I have seen this in numerous matches today in TPVP where there has been some blame put on people who might be PVErs doing TPVP for the first time (which was not true in that instance).

This is awful for the TPVP community because it prevents new people from really getting into TPVP if there are a bunch of elitists going around trash talking them from the get go. Seeing as how often you see the same people in solo queue, having new faces would be great.

Note: We actually won that match against full Champions including 2 Legendary Champions even though we were just “pve hero mesmers”.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

in PvP

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

maybe pve heroes should learn how 2 rotate before jumping into tourneys

just a thought

in PvP

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

maybe pve heroes should learn how 2 rotate before jumping into tourneys

just a thought

We were trailing against a really tough team but eventually came back to win 500-440ish. The other team never got the 3 cap.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Yes, he’s an idiot for trash talking.

But how do you view this patch as a positive to people who have been actively been playing pvp since before the patch?

He shouldn’t be flaming you, but the problem with the pvp community is that we are bottom rate citizens, and that’s a fact

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

There’s people like that in every part of the game, big wow.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: silencer.5028

silencer.5028

SoloQ = I play with random people. Sometimes they are bad at what they do. Sometimes I’m bad at what I do.

It happens in pretty much any game and as was mentioned, its not like it does not happen in say random dungeon or even the fail-able world events and pretty much any other facet where random people are grouped together and someone has an inflated ego.

The fact that its competing with other players probably isn’t helping either.

in PvP

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

PvP communities have always been toxic. GW2 is among the most tolerant and welcoming I’ve experienced in over ten years, but there are still people who just rage all over everyone. All that negativity just tends to rub off on others.

The good news is, positivity can work the same way. All you can do sometimes to just remain positive yourself.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

people that don’t play at maximum efficiency and are able to win every single game just deserve to be verbally trashed.

in PvP

Posted by: silencer.5028

silencer.5028

people that don’t play at maximum efficiency and are able to win every single game just deserve to be verbally trashed.

Yep. Guild Wars is serious business.

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

There’s a good chance that he’s just angry at the massive slap in the face that this “feature patch” gave to serious PvP players in GW2. Should he have taken his anger out on you? Kitten no, but there’s your explanation.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain