Profession Locking Poll - February 16th 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

I’m coming back to ask for clarification from Evan. In both instances of the voting, are professions locked after the match starts? The wording suggests that one is locking you into the profession you queue as and the other allows for swaps during the prep period. The language “Players can adjust team composition during match warmup” suggests, to me, that you cannot swap after the match starts.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Guess we are heading towards another season of stacked dh and wars, maybe having matches with 10 dh will be fun to watch

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I’m coming back to ask for clarification from Evan. In both instances of the voting, are professions locked after the match starts? The wording suggests that one is locking you into the profession you queue as and the other allows for swaps during the prep period. The language “Players can adjust team composition during match warmup” suggests, to me, that you cannot swap after the match starts.

Read the posts on the first page and you will have your answer.

in PvP

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

I think if no wins, there should still be something about locking swapping to another profession after a certain amount of time. Maybe at 45 secs?

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I think if no wins, there should still be something about locking swapping to another profession after a certain amount of time. Maybe at 45 secs?

Evan already stated the profession will be locked regardless of the out coming. If no wins means the profession will be locked on the 10 seconds period before the match starts.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Appreciate everyone voting no and ruining possibly one of the best features to ever come to the game, having sperate ratings for each profession allowing you the peace of mind that you can play any class you want and learn it with expercience.

Instead you want people to reroll a class they likely do not have experience and cause balance issues of where someone is absolutely awful with that class compared to a true main of that class in that rating bracket.

Guardian player queues up, ends with 4 in his team. This guardian player doesn’t know how to play any other class, so he doesn’t swap as he would be more likely to lose than simply remaining. New system would encourage playing more than one class, but looks like that’s not going to happen.

Class swapping will be locked regardless of which result wins. Its only a matter of whether its locked as soon as you accept the queue or when the final 10 sec CD before the game starts happens. Either way will still allow for class specific MMRs so I don’t know what you are going on about.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Appreciate everyone voting no and ruining possibly one of the best features to ever come to the game, having sperate ratings for each profession allowing you the peace of mind that you can play any class you want and learn it with expercience.

Instead you want people to reroll a class they likely do not have experience and cause balance issues of where someone is absolutely awful with that class compared to a true main of that class in that rating bracket.

Guardian player queues up, ends with 4 in his team. This guardian player doesn’t know how to play any other class, so he doesn’t swap as he would be more likely to lose than simply remaining. New system would encourage playing more than one class, but looks like that’s not going to happen.

Class swapping will be locked regardless of which result wins. Its only a matter of whether its locked as soon as you accept the queue or when the final 10 sec CD before the game starts happens. Either way will still allow for class specific MMRs so I don’t know what you are going on about.

They both won’t allow Class specific Mmr, since Matchmaking happens before entering map, Voting no makes it impossible to have any class specific Mmr for Matchmaking accurately since players would be able to swap to a different class after the matchmaker chose your team and places you……..

Voting Yes means Class specific Mmr and better Matchmaking

Voting No means no class specific Mmr and worse Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

No, I don’t think it would. To use profession specific MMR would require using it to form the match, when you enter queue. The match created would use that profession specific MMR, but then would allow you to swap professions before the match started. It could swap to record the win/loss based on the profession you swapped to, but that would still undermine the formation of the match.

in PvP

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

So far No is winning, but by a less than 3% differential.

I’m thinking if it stays that close, it’s pretty much “whatever the devs decide.”

I kinda want a third option: where Profession locking is there for Ranked but not there for Unranked, or that there might be Prof-locking seasons for Profession Leaderboards mixed in with current seasons where anything goes.

in PvP

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Yes regarding this. And on a side note give some atention to WVW. Spvp is the only thing amet cares about. Constant threads and devs posts and concerns here and nothing to show in wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: Thorniss.2301

Thorniss.2301

I don’t understand how the matchmaking would be more “accurate” if yes win; it will be just profession based instead of account based, or am I missing something?

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

Lock? Yes!
But u need to change class stacking . 1 class of each prof. otherwise if 3 thiefs 1 team and the othe 4 Dh what u do?
I don’t trust that u do the 2nd part so i vote no.

(edited by Ajax of Telamona.6974)

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

I don’t understand how the matchmaking would be more “accurate” if yes win; it will be just profession based instead of account based, or am I missing something?

The idea is that, just because you are a great mesmer, doesn’t mean you know how to play a revenant well. If the professions were locked we could place you into a match that reflects your skill with that class.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I would be fine with being locked to the class I queue with if, and only if, this change also included changes to the matchmaker to ensure no stacked classes (ie, no more 3+ necros or whatever on one side) and the implementation of class specific mmr into calculations.

If they can achieve this, perhaps the next step would be to look at the potential of making the matchmaker smart enough to look at build set ups and create teams accordingly (however, this is highly unlikely).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: chask.6028

chask.6028

The idea is that, just because you are a great mesmer, doesn’t mean you know how to play a revenant well. If the professions were locked we could place you into a match that reflects your skill with that class.

Idk if it’s intentional, but this would also nerf match manipulation via making the people actually play on their alts they’re manipulating with.

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

To be somewhat accurate, the MMR algorithm needs a lot of games played, so if a player plays some classes only occasionally (which doesn’t neccessarily mean he is bad at playing them), a class specific MMR might be less accurate than an account wide MMR. How good or bad a player is at winning matches, depends on a lot more than just on how good he is at playing a certain class.
Class MMR leading to better matchmaking is just an assumption, not guaranteed. It can even result in the opposite, by reducing the sample size.

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

hey ben, what do you think of this? I really like the idea of separating q’s for different professions, but locking them pre match seems like it would introduce some other big problems.
idk. wish you guys well.

The ideal would be allowing swapping up till match start, disallowing after start, and hiding the enemy comp until match start.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: EasilyDistra.9582

EasilyDistra.9582

The problem with this is what kind of mesmer are you great with and what role would matchmaking classify you as? How do you know if the player is great at greatsword shatter for instance and bad at condi bunker, totally different roles and totally different matchups, but the same profession. Would you then expect the player to fill the role of a condi bunker if they are power shatter or vice versa? The same would go for Guardian, Engineer, Ranger, Elementalist, Revenant, and Warrior. They all have multiple builds that do totally different things, what role would your matchmaking system assume they’re going to fill?

GW2 PvP isn’t just about what professions but what roles each player is filling. Players have multiple of each profession with different builds just so they can swap as needed to fill out a role composition. Forcing players to have everything they need for every role on each character they have, while having every build memorized to the point they can completely rebuild their character in 45 seconds or less, isn’t going to help anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I think this is somewhat putting the cart before the horse in the sense that you are using the assessed skill of a player to determine team comps, unless you are planning to balance based on the possibility that the classes that have a low skill floor are probably going to rise with more prominence and take up a greater majority of the team comp on both sides for mid and high level play, which may actually push other comps out of proper matchups.

Example: Player pool A picks up a specific build because it is easy to play and thus net more wins vs their opponents in Player pool B (which generally consists of novices) in general matches.

As a result the matchmaking system assesses this and begins pairing these builds/players with each other. Player pool C, who have been doing well in general matches (Vs Player pool B ) as well, with a different build/profession than Player pool A, get paired in these matchups but suffer because their comps do not fit the matchup. Player pool C thus:

>eventually gets placed in matchups with player pool B due to losses assessed by matchmaking

>conforms to Player Pool A and uses this build to play matches because it is easier to deal with.

This is probably going to be painful for anyone not playing that profession, but it is just a theory and may not reflect what actually happens. The diversity and freedom of build choice/swapping allows niche builds to flourish. If you take that away I’m pretty sure people are going to follow the path of least resistance and fall back harder on established meta builds, which may lead to more boring matches at high level.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

If it’s so patently false, then why are there so many threads about DH being OP and about class swapping being an issue?

Also, If your so doubtful maybe we should meet ingame. 500G high risk duel since you think I’m not in that top 5% category.

I’ll even go 2 traitlines for you if you would like

On Topic: I happen to agree. You’re either misreading my post or attacking the wrong person.

First, this is a tactic that is overused today. You’re distracting from the issue with a challenge.

Second, OK I accept. Let’s duel! I won’t risk that amount of gold. That would be stupid.

You know why? If I lose to a player claiming to be in the top 5% it’s meaningless ( I was expected to lose). If I win, you’re going to feel like a real kitten.

Lose/Lose for you. I suggest you think more carefully before throwing challenges out there.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: Thorniss.2301

Thorniss.2301

That’s true, but as someone already stated, this game is more than knowing how to play a specific profession: in order to win, you have to know how to position, when to move from a point to another, who to focus, when and what to dodge, when kill Svanir and when go for Tranquillity…

… if I’m a great mesmer, plat tier 3 or more, I for sure know very well all these things; now I move to my revenant for the first time, I end up playing with low skill people in bronze/silver: how do you think this will affect other players game experience? I suppose in a bad way, both for my teammates (lower impact on game outcome) and for my enemy team (wich must witness a just better player).

In the end, high end ladder will be filled with great players (how should be), their account alt (and that’s an already existing problem) and, now, their alt (a new problem).

If i’m misunderstanding something, please tell me.

(edited by Thorniss.2301)

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

That’s true, but as someone already stated, this game is more than knowing how to play a specific profession: in order to win, you have to know how to position, when to move from a point to another, who to focus, when and what to dodge, when kill Svanir and when go for Tranquillity…

… if I’m a great mesmer, plat tier 3 or more, I for sure know very well all these things; now I move to my revenant for the first time, I end up playing with low skill people in bronze/silver: how do you think this will affect other players game experience? I suppose in a bad way, both for my teammates (lower impact on game outcome) and for my enemy team (wich must witness a just better player).

In the end, high end ladder will be filled with great players (how should be), their account alt (and that’s an already existing problem) and, now, their alt (a new problem).

I don’t think your MMR from mesmer to revenant would be THAT different unless you really play a lot worse on rev. Maybe if it’s your first time playing rev it might be significantly lower to start but I’m not sure, I would think that it wouldn’t take long to evaluate your performance for that profession to balance it out though.

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

A message from the PvP Team,
A poll regarding profession locking in PvP is up!
https://feedback.guildwars2.com
Please share your thoughts and feedback on the poll in this thread!

how does this counters class stacking? Rather than class swapping mid game.

in PvP

Posted by: Deus Fatorum.2473

Deus Fatorum.2473

for YES imo

Pros-

more balanced matchmaking, I know I am a much better warrior than I am a DH for example, so this will reflect that.

No more players switching and taking forever then coming in a minute later just to guarantee you lose skill rating(hate that feeling)

Cons-

Longer Q times

Rip you next time you have 3-5 teefs on your team, cause you better have some really good teefs.(not that it cannot be done..)

in PvP

Posted by: charchar.2149

charchar.2149

If anything make it so you can’t see the opposing team comp, nothing else really needs to change

If anything make it so you can’t see the opposing team comp, nothing else really needs to change.

If anything make it so you can’t see the opposing team comp, nothing else really needs to change.

in PvP

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

I’m genuinely having difficulty understanding the niche or non-meta build arguments. You made it to that MMR on that niche/non-meta profession build and deserve to be there as much as the player that made it to that MMR on their meta profession build. You found a way to make it work regardless of what other players on your team are playing. People can be upset you are not running the meta build, but you made it to that MMR just like them. Balance between non-meta and meta builds is a separate issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

I have voted NO because I believe it will not fix anything. I voted no on the solo duo queue because it would change very little. most of the issues with pvp are down to the player base, the competitive game mode and the build diversity of classes.

the player base wont change it will still follow meta builds for classes and pigeon holing classes into one type of play style, people will still rage about balance and losing to better skilled players or lag or team disconnects.

the game mode is flawed as it favours mobile, high damage builds or solid bunker damage mitigation builds. so a team comp with all of one type will struggle without good communication.

build diversity as become a lot less since the heart of thorns elite specs have come in. mainly due to overtuned class mechanics what require a whole trait line to have access to so leaving most ppl then with 2 trait lines and a small choice of traits that have good synergy with the elite spec trait line. also most ppl with pick the elite spec weapon and traits because they were made to be used with the new trait lines, lowering build diversity. (I do believe thou as more of these elite specs are added it will get slightly better)

only the last two options anet can really change, I cant wait see the changes but don’t expect it solve the real issues but I glad they experimenting with the game type shows the pvp team really putting the effort in for the community.

Death Good

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I’ve voted yes, is like draft where you can’t change your class once you decided.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Chase.8415

This is exactly what I am highlighting on.

If I have an account based MMR, I feel trapped playing my best class; the fact that I have the ability to queue as another class and potentially ruin the matchmaking of other players overall harms MMR.

That is the biggest problem with Guild Wars 2 PvP; I really hope there is an executive decision made and this change is put through anyway.

In every MMO I have played, the MMR was separate per class/hero not everyone is going to be good with every class. You can’t even do ranked on other classes without expecting to lose a lot of matches because you can’t have a separate rank. It’s totally fun trying to learn new classes and losing most of your matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

I did vote for yes, as i not only think it could encourage people to play another classes, and not be afraid to lose down your mmr just for that.

I voted yes because it could spice up the next season, people are only seeing the issue from your team’s perspective, BUT, you have to keep in mind your enemies will also have to deal with this, how would be a match with a lot of engies?, team of multiple mesmers?

Also, another point, and a positive one imo, the possibility of a non-DH team, as a lot of people has been using DH as the “kitten, time to use an alt class” escape choice, DH’s will be people who do like to be DH, not fillers jsut because its popular to play.

Or the same goes for the next class that dominates the meta in the next balance patch.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

(edited by Ivantreil.3092)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

If we lock characters on queue, we can do things like use profession-specific MMR, have profession leaderboards, etc.

Numer one reason why I chose YES!

Why would players not want profession-specific leaderboards?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You can have profession specific MMR and leaderboards by preventing character changes mid game. There is no need to lock the swap in the warmup phase because that just causes frustration when you’re stuck with 2 thief+2 mesmer and no support because it’s Thief and Mesmer daily wins.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Chase.8415

You can have profession specific MMR and leaderboards by preventing character changes mid game. There is no need to lock the swap in the warmup phase because that just causes frustration when you’re stuck with 2 thief+2 mesmer and no support because it’s Thief and Mesmer daily wins.

No you can’t.

The fact that you can swap before the match starts in the first place is reason why profession specific MMR and leaderboards cannot exist. Do people even read the first pages post before voting? Like seriously?

Devs please don’t take these “NO” votes seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

You cant, other case people will quee with their lower mmr toons and swap to the higher mmr ones in the warm up or just after queing, so it will end up distorting all.

Problem here its like you said, if class stacking isnt adressed, its eliminating the only tool players have to counter bad comps. So this should be tied with no class stacking, because the choice people will have in this poll will be influenced by the existence of it.

(edited by Lucius.2140)

in PvP

Chase.8415

Think of it as having placement matches for each profession. The overall account MMR will be used as an average, so you wouldn’t exactly be queuing up with bronze people during your placement matches. After your 10 matches, your profession gets a league rating.

They do this now on every new season, it uses your previous seasons MMR to a certain extent so that way you don’t ruin the low end of PvP. So it’s not going to be like you described.

Where as on the flip side, here is what happening now. Someone queues up and ends up with two of the same profession, the first thing that happens is there is extreme hostility to force that player to swap. When one of those actually do swap, I am willing to bet in their statistics that the teams that swap classes over reason of duplicate profession have a majority rate of losing even though the MMR stated 50/50.

This is simply because of the fact that they are far more likely to be less experienced with any other class they swap over to. All season 5 long, every single time I had multiple people swap classes we lost it does not matter if you had 2 thieves or not, you still lost more than winning every single time you got these teams; because they lacked the skill to play the other classes up to par in that rating.

We really need to address this issue at hand and lock the classes.

(edited by Chase.8415)

in PvP

fishball.7204

You cant, other case people will quee with their lower mmr toons and swap to the higher mmr ones in the warm up or just after queing, so it will end up distorting all.

Problem here its like you said, if class stacking isnt adressed, its eliminating the only tool players have to counter bad comps. So this should be tied with no class stacking, because the choice people will have in this poll will be influenced by the existence of it.

You can. In the end of match just do MMR calculations based on the class you played with. You will gain almost nothing for beating plebs on your main when you’re trying to abuse it by queueing on a low MMR character and then swapping.

It’s pretty straight forward

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Chase.8415

You can. In the end of match just do MMR calculations based on the class you played with. You will gain almost nothing for beating plebs on your main when you’re trying to abuse it by queueing on a low MMR character and then swapping.

It’s pretty straight forward

Got it. So queue on low MMR class, swap to main and farm easy pips and gold from chests by getting 80% win rate and ruining the experience of those players in the lower MMR.

Easy gold farm.
. Good suggestion.

The opposite of this is happening right now. Someone on the team swaps classes and isn’t as experienced with the profession, effectively causing a 4v5. You really want to have someone with no experience on the profession retain the same rating as their main?

(edited by Chase.8415)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

so like, some of ya’ll want to play those games with three thieves on your team?

ya don’t one to swap to a druid and another to a warrior?

you’re not down for that?

‘three thieves. your team.’ is this really what you want?

i don’t understand why anyone would want this, but i’d love for someone who voted for yes explain why they want it.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I want professions locked because that is a prerequisite to stopping class stacking. It’s straight up logic. You cannot cap the number of a given class on a team without locking professions.

As a secondary motive… it might finally force ANET to rethink a couple of the classes that are consistently stacked. I’m looking at you, DH and vault thieves.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Good job from Anet. Congratulations.

This is a good way to prevent MMR exploit when people queue with profession B (where they have low MMR, to obtain strong party) and then switch to their profession A (where they are good at, to demolish enemy team).

With profession locking such exploits can be avoided.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

This is a good way to prevent MMR exploit when people queue with profession B (where they have low MMR, to obtain strong party) and then switch to their profession A (where they are good at, to demolish enemy team).

That exploit doesn’t exist because your MMR is account based not profession based.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Antonio.1387

Antonio.1387

Think of it as having placement matches for each profession. The overall account MMR will be used as an average, so you wouldn’t exactly be queuing up with bronze people during your placement matches. After your 10 matches, your profession gets a league rating.

They do this now on every new season, it uses your previous seasons MMR to a certain extent so that way you don’t ruin the low end of PvP. So it’s not going to be like you described.

Where as on the flip side, here is what happening now. Someone queues up and ends up with two of the same profession, the first thing that happens is there is extreme hostility to force that player to swap. When one of those actually do swap, I am willing to bet in their statistics that the teams that swap classes over reason of duplicate profession have a majority rate of losing even though the MMR stated 50/50.

This is simply because of the fact that they are far more likely to be less experienced with any other class they swap over to. All season 5 long, every single time I had multiple people swap classes we lost it does not matter if you had 2 thieves or not, you still lost more than winning every single time you got these teams; because they lacked the skill to play the other classes up to par in that rating.

We really need to address this issue at hand and lock the classes.

I mean you are a multi-classer yourself. I am not sure how you self-identify to be top 500 but pretty sure you are plat 1 or higher. From my observation and experience, class swapping for better team comp is more than common in most of the plat games. I don’t know how you came up with the conclusion such that team with swapped player lost more game than no swaps. Scenarios like necro swap-out because no support in the team or vice versa happens almost every game I played. I personally swap between necro/engi/warrior a lot and manage to hold my plat. If your statement is true, I should be silver/ bronze and lost the majority of my game just because I swapped.

I agree that players might not play all other classes as good as their main class. I am a terrible thief myself too. Yet anet shouldn’t take away my right on playing necro when I queue up as ele and my team actually needs dps just because I am a terrible thief. At the end of the day my rating will suffer If I play on something that I am bad at. It’s player’s responsibility to analyze the risk/benefit of a swap, and the responsibility/right should not be taken away.

Also, I dug a bit into the matchmaking algorithm. The current (and will likely be) way of controlling class stacking is only through counting the number of unique class. None of build variation / support-dps synergy / 1v1 matchups will be (or can be) counted when anet is assigning the team comp. This basically means I can easily get comps like necro warr guard thief rev and basically becomes a 4v5 since everyone will zerg necro and necro die with no support available. Not to mention all those ridiculous FA/ burn engi/ gs mesmer that totally screw up the “anti-class-stacking system”.

Your opinion confuses me a lot and makes me wonder if you actually a multiclasser.

(edited by Antonio.1387)

in PvP

Chase.8415

That signature I have is from years ago when leader boards existed outside of leagues. And yes I was top 300-500 playing multiple classes. With leagues I quit the game because I felt it was a disaster compared to the old system but recently returned when this new rating system came out.

I still miss the old system by far, but it’s a step in the right direction. The old system would tell you if you’re top 10% and so on, but for leagues we have to rely on gw2 efficiency which can be inaccurate. I have 6 champion titles.

I did not get top 500 this season, but I did get top 20% primarily because I play multiple classes I wasn’t as good with some as others and lost more than I should. I also had not done serious rated pvp since the launch of the expansion. This new league system made me come back. The expansion changed the play style a lot for each class and quite frankly I wasn’t as experienced anymore to even get top 500 this season.

If I wanted to be higher on leaderboards I would never swap classes and play my best class. I hate feeling trapped to play only your best class to get higher rankings.

I would love the peace and mind of profession specific ratings.

If a developer wants to look at my account, please analyze how many times I swapped classes and caused very unfair matches to my teammates. I played revenant when wasn’t skilled on them and lost a ton of matches.

Is it fair for those players to lose a game because I am not skilled with revenant? I say it is not fair at all. While I gained my rating back with my main, I personally was the sole reason why my team lost so many times!

This is very frustrating for someone like me who loves to play multiple classes. I’ve effectively shelved my revenant because every time I play them I’ve secured a loss for my team.

But maybe I’m the only one here who truly plays every class for fun… The current way that MMR works makes it impossible for me to truly have fun with all classes, but instead just 2 or 3 of them which is a shame.

(edited by Chase.8415)

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

Just a simple question:

How do you think a team have ELE vs a team no ELE in same level?
How do you sure every team have a ELE? How long are the queue time if you sure every team have a ELE and that ELE with a heal bot build?

You should never put a full support in the PVP that you have a great balance before HoT. Now we see the ELE just a heal bot and he must be a heal bot.

If you are actually that worried about Team composition then maybe you should petition for Full 5v5 team queue instead of in the randomness that is Solo Queue, Just saying. Players make their choices when they queue on a class so let their choice be final, it’s simple and will give Anet a plethora of data to see what the Overused/overtuned classes and they can balance accordingly, this is compounded by the fact they allow players to Class stack and since certain classes Stack extremely well while others can’t is another disparity that needs to be addressed and actual balance can happen.

I don’t want to team queue or something about “team” more. I just want to say, their balance can’t support their change NOW. Nothing can bear their failure again and again. We see their NCSoft Q4 2016. They are going to a wrong way. Please Jesus please! Anet need to make a “Real Balance” “Huge Change” to save their game, Don’t give us that “Chilling Scythe: The aftercast of this ability has been reduced by 0.06 seconds.” more.
Seriously, we are not a X-man or Superman to handle that 0.06 sec with ping. This is not a joke.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: Blizzmaster.9163

Blizzmaster.9163

I think I have to vote yes here. As it is now, I know for a fact I am only really experienced enough with Guardian to play ranked comfortably. I don’t have the hours or practice on any other class to do anywhere close to as well as I can on Guard.

If the matchmaker can take into account I’m weaker on some classes and stronger on others and match me appropriately, I wouldn’t have nearly as many reservations queuing on my warrior or ranger, for example. It would also make the class-specific achievements for the legendary backpiece more accessible, IMO, as I would be able to work on them without sacrificing rating on my Guard.

I would like to see a limit on class stacking per team though, if this comes into play. 2 of each class maximum per team, perhaps?

in PvP

fishball.7204

I want professions locked because that is a prerequisite to stopping class stacking. It’s straight up logic. You cannot cap the number of a given class on a team without locking professions.

As a secondary motive… it might finally force ANET to rethink a couple of the classes that are consistently stacked. I’m looking at you, DH and vault thieves.

So if you end up on a team with only 1 ele and only 1 ranger but the ele is running s/f DPS ele, the ranger is longbow power and you have 0 team support you’d be happy with that?

Or alternatively you end up in a game with a Rev, a thief, a mesmer, a warrior and a necro vs a balanced comp like scrapper, druid, ele, necro, DH which is almost an instant loss assuming they don’t throw or be bad.

In the end you guys are arguing for less choices and more reliance on the RNG that is the matchmaker to give you non bad comps which I would say is stupid considering the matchmaker can barely give good games as is (eg. legends vs silver players hello?).

ps. nobody stacks classes in plat or above because anything more than 2 is almost an instant loss as all classes have their strengths and weaknesses. I mean you guys should just learn how to play the game instead of trying to mess the game up for everybody else who isn’t bad.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

ps. nobody stacks classes in plat or above because anything more than 2 is almost an instant loss as all classes have their strengths and weaknesses. * I mean you guys should just learn how to play the game instead of trying to mess the game up for everybody else who isn’t bad.*

The emphasis is mine. I find it insulting that you equate a yes vote with being “bad.”

Leaving that aside for the moment. Locked professions would serve to emphasize some of the gross imbalances and force change.

Frankly, I don’t care what happens in “plat or above.” First, I suspect that many of those in those ranks farmed and / or exploited to get there. Second, I’m not there and will, like as not, not make it there any time soon.

Why should I care what the elites want?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Chase.8415

So if you end up on a team with only 1 ele and only 1 ranger but the ele is running s/f DPS ele, the ranger is longbow power and you have 0 team support you’d be happy with that?

Or alternatively you end up in a game with a Rev, a thief, a mesmer, a warrior and a necro vs a balanced comp like scrapper, druid, ele, necro, DH which is almost an instant loss assuming they don’t throw or be bad.

In the end you guys are arguing for less choices and more reliance on the RNG that is the matchmaker to give you non bad comps which I would say is stupid considering the matchmaker can barely give good games as is (eg. legends vs silver players hello?).

ps. nobody stacks classes in plat or above because anything more than 2 is almost an instant loss as all classes have their strengths and weaknesses. I mean you guys should just learn how to play the game instead of trying to mess the game up for everybody else who isn’t bad.

It’s not uncommon for people to know how to play 2 or 3 classes. But take me for example, I play all 9. I love playing all classes, but I simply can’t with the current ranking system.

I’d argue people swap a lot less than you make it to be. They know exactly how many people swap in all rating brackets. And I am wiolling to bet that the matchmaking will show that those who swap classes cause unfavorable matches (I.E the system said 50% chance to win, but because they swapped, they lost 60% of the time, etc)

Even people in legendary ratings have main classes.

A legendary elementalist is going to perform better than someone who alts an elementalist at the same rating; do you see what I am getting at here? It makes perfect sense, someone who has thousands of hours on one class is going to do better than someone who hasn’t spent the same time.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

15 forum bugs xoxo

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

There are multiple reasons why people vote YES, in the end of the day I really feel the devs are being too “democratic” about some changes. What you propose would benefit the whole pvp scene in the long run, it would be a first step.

Those who vote NO are here to manipulate matches, abuse other players by playing ALT class on which they have no much experience, they are here to STACK certain professions and create snowball matches

The attitude of devs is truly praiseworthy…but I can’t help to wish that the changes would have been applied without asking the authorisation of a biased community