Profession Swapping in Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

I love the idea of swapping professions between matches, I think it adds a new depth of strategy, and forces players to diversify what professions they are competitive with.

I do not love the idea of joining a match, only to watch the other team cherry pick their professions before the match begins, in an effort to counter my team.

I think once you hit “Go” you should be locked into whatever your profession you enter with.

I would like to hear other people’s opinions on this, from a competitive standpoint.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

ofc i agree. but i think it will be fixed

soon™

in PvP

Posted by: Maylojager.1307

Maylojager.1307

In my opinion – it should be done the same way it was in gw1. Left/dced – bye.
Although the disconnection part could be debatable, some players still abuse the (relog before stomp), making the rallies from stomps impossible (as well as not granting 5 points).

in PvP

Posted by: EaGrimdarK.7849

EaGrimdarK.7849

Thats a great point Maylo, never really considered that but I’m not sure I actually came across that in tournies.

Hammerheart brings up a good point also, and I actually tpvp with him often so what we’ve been doing lately is queueing as popular meta compositions and then switching at the last possible second, lol. Sometimes it works, most of the time people dont care enough to switch classes around to hard counter us.

In all games it’s easy to hard counter what someone brings to the table, choosing to do so can stem from multiple reasons: Recognizing its usefulness, which is sometimes combined with sucking really bad so you have to hard counter the enemy, which is also sometimes combined with compensation for lack of experience amongst the team or lack of skill. Just my observation. Hard countering happens all the time in MTG and games like Warhammer and Warmachine, it’s generally considered cheap but on the internet theres no real human interaction and winning is more important anyways.

And lets be honest Hammerheart, sometimes we see double bunker on foefire or other common meta comps and swap what we are playing to compliment our strategy(not necessarily to hard counter though).

If you are that upset at GW2 then you just look like an idiot for sticking around. -Bongwizard Slubs

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

If this is removed then what happens when the match starts and you happen to have the wrong amulet equipped because you just switched your build? Are you stuck with a worthless char or should you be allowed to switch to an alt that has his build already set up? The obvious answer would be to say, “Just be prepared.” However, accidents happen and my builds differ greatly if I am solo queuing or if I am playing with a team. I imagine this is a similar case for others too.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashumet.8674

Ashumet.8674

Considered the amount of dc’s my team has had during tournaments, we’re far from implementing such systems. I agree that relogging/swapping shouldn’t be an option, but they first have to stabilize the system.

in PvP

Posted by: Azadoras.2790

Azadoras.2790

The solution is easy. When you enter a tournament, just lock the character you joined with. If you have DC you can ONLY login with that character. Problem solved.