Profession queueing

Profession queueing

in PvP

Posted by: ixon.2496

ixon.2496

Why not have a system in place where you tick the professions you can play before the matchmaking takes place, and have the matchmaker try to cover as many bases as possible, so if someone can only play 3 classes it will match them with players that can play the others.

This would help comp diversity and promote profession switching once the team has connected

Desolation [KISS]

Profession queueing

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

I have a feeling the player base is so small making any modifications would cause untold delays.

Profession queueing

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

What’s wrong with profession switching in its current state?

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Profession queueing

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would use profession MMR not global Player MMR. And of course disallow character swaping after map roll. You can only edit your build then.

Profession queueing

in PvP

Posted by: ixon.2496

ixon.2496

What’s wrong with profession switching in its current state?

Well not everyone can play all classes, so taking into consideration what people can play before hand would help a great deal? Making sure all professions are covered by the team

Desolation [KISS]

Profession queueing

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Ok, someone explain to me why being able to switch professions before a game should be off limits. I understand it gives an advantage, but isn’t that a good thing? Should you really not be rewarded for knowing how to play multiple professions?

Profession queueing

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Ok, someone explain to me why being able to switch professions before a game should be off limits. I understand it gives an advantage, but isn’t that a good thing? Should you really not be rewarded for knowing how to play multiple professions?

preventing profession switching would allow ANET to use Profession based MMR and not Account Based MMR. This would take into account how someone can be really good at one class but terrible on another. The incredible wisdom of ANET to make league professional achievements on 3 classes makes for terrible matches where you get a player on your team that may be ruby on his main class but be amber skill level on the other 2 classes. Currently the Match Maker will still think hes a ruby level player and place him on team based on his account MMR. When in reality he knows nothing about that second class.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Profession queueing

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

preventing profession switching would allow ANET to use Profession based MMR and not Account Based MMR. This would take into account how someone can be really good at one class but terrible on another. The incredible wisdom of ANET to make league professional achievements on 3 classes makes for terrible matches where you get a player on your team that may be ruby on his main class but be amber skill level on the other 2 classes. Currently the Match Maker will still think hes a ruby level player and place him on team based on his account MMR. When in reality he knows nothing about that second class.

I see what you mean. But if preventing profession swapping becomes reality, Anet will also have to prevent profession stacking. It’s not fun being a profession that doesn’t stack with itself well and being put onto a team with 1-2 others of the same profession, especially when they really only have 1, maybe 2 builds possible. And then being put against a stacked team of a counter profession. For example, thieves don’t stack particularly well. But we hear all the time about thieves being put together with other thieves, instead of being spread across the two team. And then those thieves are pitted against stacked trapper DHs.

If they don’t change profession stacking, then they’ll need to give more builds for each profession, which involves nerfing their precious elite specs. Removing profession stacking will also increase queue times, but hopefully the increased diversity will bring back more players and help offset the increased queues at least a little.

Imagine ele daily. Every team would have 2-3 eles who can’t swap lol.

I like the idea, but what if they just removed the profession achievements? We know Anet loves taking the lazy route.

Profession queueing

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

…I like the idea, but what if they just removed the profession achievements?…

IMO replacing profession-based dailies is something they should do anyway. Nobody should ever be influenced by daily achievements when making profession choices in ranked.