Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

(edited by JinDaVikk.7291)

Professions Tricks of the Trade

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

Warrior: Equip heal signet and soldiers amulet. Now you can’t die.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

There was an extensive reddit thread about the tricks for all classes recently, but I just can’t seem to find it at the moment…

Edit: If you are serious about a collective tips and tricks guide for all classes, you might wanna reserve some space for future summaries.

(edited by Matisse.9356)

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Ranger:
Turn around before using second hornet sting to escape in a chosen direction (you should only use it as escape or a leap finisher)

Stop moving and make sure your spirits are not moving before clicking their skills to avoid them getting bugged and not using their skills but still going on full cooldown

Swap pets just a bit before they die. If you swap them while they are not dead, the cooldown on swap is way, way shorter.

Queue pop… I will add more later

(edited by Rezz.8019)

in PvP

Posted by: xGreeD.6018

xGreeD.6018

Warrior:

- There is no strong build using no longbow. Therefore use it.
- You mostly will have the trait to swap weapons every 5 seconds, so that is pretty much what you are going to do. Therefore “on swap” sigils are great.
- Use the f1 fire field for buffing yourself might with lb3 or hammer f1, but prioritize hitting the enemy over gaining might.
- Be thoughtful with your stances, use them one by one and not all at the same time.
- Force your enemy to stand in your fire field – it is making them dead.
- lb2 shoots 3 arrows, wherefore it is better to use it, while being still near your enemy
- Your lb Autoattack shoots two arrows – great to remove blocks or blind
- lb Fire Field + lb 4 / 5 / 20% of autoattacks create burning combo – use it!
- Stability enables you to safestomp, do so, unless your guard can.
- Use endure pain BEFORE the enemy hits you, not AFTER the first hit.
- Try to learn the timing of your skills well and don’t just spam whatever is ready
- Thiefs will try to steal your might – don’t let them do so or you are screwed.
- Blind makes it harder to detect pindown, also random-dodges will result in oportunities to land it easier. Seize them and they shall multiply.
- Condition Immunity aka Beserker Stance will let you safestomp a nec

“Take me to wonderland…”, she said,
as she finished beating me up a mole times.
Let’s try something you’re actually good at.

(edited by xGreeD.6018)

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Mesmer:
switch to thief ;D

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Is this a troll thread? You don’t need to master any class to know those “tricks”. Maybe some complicated stuff like reflecting clones creates infinite clones but that’s a bug not a trick.

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

Mace #3 on Guardian will trigger on ranged attacks, even if the enemy is not in melee range. It isn’t like Ranger GS #4 that counterattacks only once an enemy is in range.

in PvP

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Mesmer:

Target enemy in distance, blink past it then phase retreat while still targeted for a 2000 (or more if traited) range teleport.
Laying an exit portal then stomping half a second later will allow you to port away mid stomp ad take your port back to the downed player to finish the stomp.
After pulling your temporal curtain, the combo field remains there but invisible for the duration that the skill would have lasted.
With at least 15 points into domination, using a chaos storm and daze shatter onto your enemies will leave them on 25 stacks of invulnerability.
If you don’t run PU, you will find it easier to make friends.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

One good necro trick is cast DS 2, out of ds, cast plague and you get pulled inside enemy blob plague on.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Thanks everybody, if anyone can fidn that reddit I’ll link it.

ALso keep the sarcasm replies out this isn’t a lets rail on new people this is to help people look at different professions.

Need verification:
Guardian mace 3 and ranger spirits interupted see above posts.

Thanks guys!

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

(edited by JinDaVikk.7291)

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

There are a ton of pet tricks for ranger.

For all the classes though, skill cancelling can be huge. Like auto attack cancelling to increase dps via decrease in after cast time.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Engineer: you can spam random buttons and fill everyone up with conditions.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

There are a ton of pet tricks for ranger.

For all the classes though, skill cancelling can be huge. Like auto attack cancelling to increase dps via decrease in after cast time.

This is most important on d/d ele and mesmer with GS.

Mesmer GS doesn’t do any damage for the last 1/2s after-cast, so learn to cancel-cast it for a huge dps boost.

Similarly, d/d ele using lightning whip hits 2x during 1s: once during the 1/2s cast and once during the 1/2 after-cast. Signet of restoration procs on the first hit. Thus practice cancel-casting lightning whip to get the same dps but double healing with signet of restoration.

Also, for d/d ele:
-Earth Ring (earth 2) blocks projectiles for a short period even though its not listed.
-The leap on magnetic grasp doesn’t have to pass out of field to proc, just as long as you pass over some part of the field during the cast you get the leap-finish effect.
-Lightning flash combos: earthquake + lightning flash (top of jump), burning speed + lightning flash (piles up the burn fields on location for more dps too), lightning flash—>updraft (nearly instant cc)
-Dodge-roll (with evasive arcana)—>firegrab gets a nice burn on your opponent for taht extra firegrab damage.
For s/d ele:
-Lightning flash + phoenix (near instant hit massive damage)
-Aim phoenix just behind where your enemy is for 3x damage (hit going, blast damage, hit coming back).
For staff ele:
-You can cover huge distances with staff by using turn-around—>burning retreat—>turn around. If you don’t have swiftness after hitting burning retreat, swap to air so the skill covers even more ground.

All classes: skill with evasion work while immobilized, and are an effective way to survive incoming spikes after getting immob on you.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

This thread contains links to a list of tricks for each profession :
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/25av1k/did_you_know_series/

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

So it kinda shows youre only able to make stupid comments in every thread you post ? bravo.

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

So it kinda shows youre only able to make stupid comments in every thread you post ? bravo.

Someone doesn’t get a joke.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

Honestly…you have some issues going on buddy.

in PvP

Writetyper.1985

senseofhumour.exe not found

really bad engineer

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

I do,but this guy is serious.It shows with the all the replys he made in the past about warriors,his newest thread should say something about him aswell.

in PvP

Writetyper.1985

I do,but this guy is serious.It shows with the all the replys he made in the past about warriors,his newest thread should say something about him aswell.

Last thread is probably a little childish and is likely going to get a ban for singling out players, but honestly, everyone is sick of one and a half years of unsubstantiated “thief op” claims so I don’t blame him. Especially considering he retorted with evidence (evade spamming thief is running S/D and is therefore not blind spamming) and you just go “no! thif op! evades! blinds!”. It’s really quite annoying.

really bad engineer

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

Last thread is probably a little childish and is likely going to get a ban for singling out players, but honestly, everyone is sick of one and a half years of unsubstantiated “thief op” claims so I don’t blame him. Especially considering he retorted with evidence (evade spamming thief is running S/D and is therefore not blind spamming) and you just go “no! thif op! evades! blinds!”. It’s really quite annoying.

No,he just claimed himself that they are able to Spamm evade,something anet wanted to reduce,and is not happening atm.And i just kept by what i said,that being able to blindspamm + porting + stealthing + being able to constantly evade while doing dmg is too much.Im not the kind that screams op at every class/build,honestly,its just a thing that has been bugging me since a long time.Also i used to 1on1 on a daily base with lots of “Pro” thieves that have acknowledged this to be a fact.Im not the Rank 5 noob that just jumped into pvp that you think i am.

Anyway..were derailing a thread now i think..if you got anything else to say please just pm me otherwise.

in PvP

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

Mace 3 blocks all attacks for full channel until hit by melee.

Nope.

The block breaks if the guardian or any player within the effect would be hit by a block-able kill. It does not work like the mesmer sword block, warrior sword block or the ranger GS block.

Cool thing about this skill is if you block a skill like Earthshaker anyone within your block field will not get hit by the Earthshaker.

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Warrior

Canceling a skill like flurry by stowing once the immo is proc’d and following it up with a high damage attack. Also applies to canceling your bursts when you see the enemy dodging or blinding as to not waste a good skill.

Bind Look Behind to somewhere convenient, you can look back while running away and hit your foe with a surprise reverse Earthshaker.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in PvP

Writetyper.1985

Mace 3 blocks all attacks for full channel until hit by melee.

Nope.

The block breaks if the guardian or any player within the effect would be hit by a block-able kill. It does not work like the mesmer sword block, warrior sword block or the ranger GS block.

Cool thing about this skill is if you block a skill like Earthshaker anyone within your block field will not get hit by the Earthshaker.

And also it does metric kittentonnes of damage even in a bunker build. Such a based skill.

really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Playing an engi for a long time this infuriates me the most: (and I’m very tired to provide more tips than the forum post)
(engi)
Picking up your turret heal

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Warrior:
Reckless Whirl
Whirling Axe can be channelled while dodging, and with reckless dodge you can wrack up some serious damage! (while also dodging damage!)

Necro:
Frost Plague
The constant blinds from Plague will proc the Chilling Darkness trait, totally screwing up your enemies who are now poisoned, blinded and chilled for aslong as your plague form lasts.

(edited by Liewec.2896)

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

This thread contains links to a list of tricks for each profession :
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/25av1k/did_you_know_series/

That was the one I meant – thanks for the find.

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

Thanks again everyone great replies and thanks for confirmation on corrections.

As for the reddit link I shall link that first thing but keep this thread rolling as this was meant only for pvp not pve, hotjoin farming. Hotjoin is 2 ez to cheat/exploit due to out of combat changes.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

kitten it I don’t have the space I need to edit guys I am working on fixing it, Don’t freak cause I haven’t changed it yet I have but won’t let me save to forums. I will fix it I swear!

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.