Promoting lazy gameplay

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Uncle Dalty.8327

Uncle Dalty.8327

Anyone else feel like all these buffs to auto attacks, the multiple skills that hit for +10k by themselves, and the ease of spamming conditions for MASSIVE damage is just promoting lazy and boring gameplay?

In my opinion:
~Auto attacks should not be a main attack… no skill required
~Skills that deal +8k on there own should not exist… a +8k combo sure… more skill required
~These spamwich builds need to be removed somehow… low risk high reward makes no sense… these include dh trapper and heavy condition builds. I remember gw1 had a cap as to how fast conditions could kill you. Up to a point more conditions would hurt more and after that point extra conditions did nothing. Implement this so condition spammers actually have to think a little instead of literally spamming their skills for insta kills. Cause lets be serious, condition spammers can apply conditions (no skill required) faster than any class can remove them unless said classes are running full anti-condition/bunker builds; which they won’t be cause bunker is mostly gone.

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: daggerhands.9634

daggerhands.9634

Plz learn to play, yes some builds counter each other this is how its supposed to be trivalising condi’ would push vs power builds only. If you cant deal with condi’s switch up your build so you can

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

Plz learn to play, yes some builds counter each other this is how its supposed to be trivalising condi’ would push vs power builds only. If you cant deal with condi’s switch up your build so you can

okay so you play condi I get it… that was one point I had. That conditions are already trivial… what about the other two? I can counter condi fine I just think the payoff to skill required ratio is absurd. I’ve run condi builds and they are soooooo boring and easy. Im not saying make them do nothing…. just balance the payoff somehow.

Also it wouldn’t be power v power if they balance bunker rather than removed it.

(edited by Uncle Dalty.8327)

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Koru.8574

Koru.8574

lol uncle salty, pvp is perfectly balanced…theres no such thing as aa spammers…pssshhhh

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: daggerhands.9634

daggerhands.9634

okay so you play condi I get it… that was one point I had. That conditions are already trivial… what about the other two? I can counter condi fine I just think the payoff to skill required ratio is absurd. I’ve run condi builds and they are soooooo boring and easy. Im not saying make them do nothing…. just balance the payoff somehow.

Also it wouldn’t be power v power if they balance bunker rather than removed it.

I havnt played condi since i developed a vshare thief build that became popular in wvw 5 months before HOT
Btw assuming makes a kitten out of you

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

lol uncle salty, pvp is perfectly balanced…theres no such thing as aa spammers…pssshhhh

You’re right what the heck was I thinking

(edited by Uncle Dalty.8327)

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

I havnt played condi since i developed a vshare thief build that became popular in wvw 5 months before HOT
Btw assuming makes a kitten out of you

No need to get feisty. Just trying to suggest ways to make the game more fun for those of us who actually want to play a game and not just push a button or two repetitively.

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

you forgot to mention condi builds arent just condi builds thanks to stuff like Viper and Mercenary amulets giving not only almost max condi but almost max direct damage as well so condi builds get the best from both dps worlds while sacrificing nothing while power build relying professions need 3 stats to be effective and sacrifice something either sustain for max dps or dps for some sustain

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

less lazy than bunker build from s1, rollface on keyboard to play

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

you forgot to mention condi builds arent just condi builds thanks to stuff like Viper and Mercenary amulets giving not only almost max condi but almost max direct damage as well so condi builds get the best from both dps worlds while sacrificing nothing while power build relying professions need 3 stats to be effective and sacrifice something either sustain for max dps or dps for some sustain

Well first condition builds have to invest in at least 2 and most even have to invest in 3 to reach max dps: Condition damage, condition duration/expertise and precisison. Secondly if abuild invest both in power and condi it is not a condi build but a hybrid build.

EverythingOP

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

less lazy than bunker build from s1, rollface on keyboard to play

Completely disagree… condi builds are the same faceroll technique. I’ve played both because I didn’t really have much of a choice and they are more or less the same only bunker is defensive and condi is offensive… id actually put being a GOOD bunker at a higher skill cap than being a good condi spammer lol. at least to order of bunker skills matters.

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

bunkers allowed way more mistakes in fights than condi currently do, I like this meta because it promotes reactivity and fast play which noobs can’t perform, on the other side it’s harder to carry the noobs if you soloQ

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

bunkers allowed way more mistakes in fights than condi currently do, I like this meta because it promotes reactivity and fast play which noobs can’t perform, on the other side it’s harder to carry the noobs if you soloQ

There are no mistakes in condi builds… just spam spam spam… maybe heal… spam spam… enemy dead.

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Biklen.5490

Biklen.5490

Anyone else feel like all these buffs to auto attacks, the multiple skills that hit for +10k by themselves, and the ease of spamming conditions for MASSIVE damage is just promoting lazy and boring gameplay?

In my opinion:
~Auto attacks should not be a main attack… no skill required
~Skills that deal +8k on there own should not exist… a +8k combo sure… more skill required
~These spamwich builds need to be removed somehow… low risk high reward makes no sense… these include dh trapper and heavy condition builds. I remember gw1 had a cap as to how fast conditions could kill you. Up to a point more conditions would hurt more and after that point extra conditions did nothing. Implement this so condition spammers actually have to think a little instead of literally spamming their skills for insta kills. Cause lets be serious, condition spammers can apply conditions (no skill required) faster than any class can remove them unless said classes are running full anti-condition/bunker builds; which they won’t be cause bunker is mostly gone.

SPAMWICH BABY!

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

I mean I get it… there needs to be these easy spamwich builds so that new players have something to be competitive with so they don’t get frustrated with the game. But… the payoff for running these builds should not be as strong as it is.

Having high payoffs on these easy builds gets experienced player to play them cause… no effort, easy kill… why not? And it’s absolutely insane what a good player can do with these nub builds if the payoff for running these builds is equal too or higher than running a build that takes timing and awareness.

Promoting lazy gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

So first you say mercenary amulet (which gives power only – in terms of direct dmg) gives almost max direct damage giving the best of both dps worlds, then you say power builds need all three stats to be effective, seems legit.

You also say by adding those to the amulets they sacrifice nothing but lets not dwell on that because anyone can see its false.

Finally as someone already said, in response to people QQing that condi builds only need one stat – anet literally added expertise and said do you think this makes things better? As well as better crit chance proccing more traits and sigils etc.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia