Prophetic Words

Prophetic Words

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

“The masses are kittens.”

Paraphrased attributed to Alexander Hamilton.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury…"

Alexander Fraser.

Recent polls have seen players vote in a system that promotes stacking a couple of classes for easy farming.

Another proposal has sigils being changed to cause power AND condi damage at the same time. It is possible that such a move will cause balance issues that will last for months or years.

It will, in the short run, boost a couple of the already strong classes and make farming easier still.

I’m all for the devs accepting feedback. It needs to be tempered with the understanding that people will vote for what they perceive as short term gain.. even if it’s not in there long term interest.

Mesmerising Girl

Prophetic Words

in PvP

Posted by: FitzChevalerie.1035

FitzChevalerie.1035

How does it promote stacking classes if you can still swap classes ? just not in the middle of the match

Prophetic Words

in PvP

Posted by: LucianTheAngelic.7054

LucianTheAngelic.7054

If you’re talking about sigil of earth two things:

1) It already exists in the current game

2) The new proposal has a 3 second internal cooldown

A power build with no condition duration can only apply 2 stacks of bleed maximum before the first stack expires.

Please read the proposed changes fully before freaking out

Prophetic Words

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

The community voted for class stacking by default in my opinion.

Locked professions would have allowed ANET to use separate MMR for each class. It would also have allowed the matchmaker to choose the class mix for matches. Then people would need to play something other than the flavor-of-the-month class in order to get matches.

The on-hit sigils would permit DPS builds to stack condi as well. A good example: Ranger [Rapid Fire] = multiple heavy hits, stacking vulnerability AND on hit condis. That’s what has been quaintly called an “I win button.”

Perhaps they wouldn’t be large stacks.. but they would be constantly re-applied. Thus condi cleanse would be largely useless.

Adding stacks of condi to DPS builds will make them nigh unstoppable. We’re headed back to the insta gib “zerker” era.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Prophetic Words

in PvP

Posted by: Moises.2196

Moises.2196

The community voted for class stacking by default in my opinion.

Locked professions would have allowed ANET to use separate MMR for each class. It would also have allowed the matchmaker to choose the class mix for matches. Then people would need to play something other than the flavor-of-the-month class in order to get matches.

I voted to allow class stacking so that people can see what class is broken and so that they can fix it and not just hide the issues. I also would like tanky amulets to come back and for them to fix the classes and not be lazy about it. Short term loss, long term gain, assuming people get sick and tired of their balance practices and the op HoT specs.

Prophetic Words

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Sadly, the likely end result is fixed builds.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Prophetic Words

in PvP

Posted by: Moises.2196

Moises.2196

Sadly, the likely end result is fixed builds.

lol. You know how people have been asking for saved builds to switch on the fly? I can see them making some fixed builds and passing it off as something that we requested.

Prophetic Words

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

The team that choose to stack classes loses more often than not, though. So how is it a problem?

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Prophetic Words

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

they wont do fixed builds. If they did something like that just make a new game and called it Guild Wars: THE MOBA lol.

also once you hit gold class stacking is hardly an issue… and dont call 2 of one class STACKING.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Prophetic Words

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

The class locking vote was a debacle. A bunch of elitist that think they play a million classes at the same skill level and save the day by counter comping screwed the pooch. That and a bunch of ill informed players that went along with there specious reasoning/fear campaign. Democracy at its worst.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

Prophetic Words

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

agree steelheart. Basically the vote ended with 53% for no progress.
And why sigils in this thread? The upcoming sigils are basically nerfing/removing al lot of power from sigils across the board. It hits condi, power and bunker.