Props to CC and SYNC

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey all,

I just wanted to thank everyone for watching the PAX Invitational this weekend, but to also thank CC and SYNC for making things easy.

Through all of the trash talking that has been directed towards you guys before/after the event, I feel the need to say that you were absolutely a pleasure to meet and hang out with. I know there are a lot of feelings about this event, and your teams, so I just wanted to emphasize that you guys demonstrated that people are wrong about you.

You were all very professional, and fun to be around. Thanks for coming, and being a part of this major milestone in Guild Wars 2 PvP!!!

<3 Much love from ANet! Can’t wait to meet more of our PvPers

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

At where?

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Ever Green.5842

Ever Green.5842

At where?

At #Gw2NeverGonnaBeEsports-Land

Rykerël – Elementalist – Vizunah Square

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: jsu.4370

jsu.4370

As one of the few hardcore pvp’ers at this event I have to say ANet did an awesome job putting the whole thing together.

I spoke to all of the pvp developers after the event and although the community seems to think they don’t know what they’re doing. They actually do. They know the meta is crap right now and they know about all the small bugs and systematic errors and the direction they mentioned they were wanting to take it in the future sounded very promising. The developers are very smart and very analytical, I give them all mad respect.

What the community doesn’t realize is all this negativity you’re conjuring and developing on the forums doesn’t help you get more responses from devs. It’s actually hurting you, a lot. The developers don’t have time to sit there and carefully word their paragraphs in a way that doesn’t outrage the community every time. We have one of the most offensive communities I’ve seen. Oh well I guess hate is always going to be louder than love.

Well done Anet, to a successful event. The internet may think otherwise; but I know the teams personally had an amazing time and the viewers at the event did also.

Jsu – joO Binder
http://www.twitch.tv/jsudesign/

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

They get trash talked because they BM. I think that’s known by anyone who plays PvP. Of course that act nice toward the ArenaNet team. Do you expect them to BM you guys too? I can honestly say I’ve never played a game before where another team has talked so much trash toward others until I encountered SYNC. And I know for a fact I am speaking for many GW2 PvP teams.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

(edited by tichorum.2415)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

Allie, Facebook?

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

As a viewer of the match, it was insanely fun to see those amazing players actively countering the passive procs. Also, the game was clear as water, at every fight of the game i was able to enjoy the skills and counterskills used by each of team.
The matches were really close, and they strike to me as very decent and nice guys.
Can’t wait to see them in another tournament, so i can enjoy the teamfights and the active counter of passive procs again.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Last couple of days were for unleashing hell upon the Dev’s and mods
the rest of the week.. reconsiliation..

The next rage week is after the 16th..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

@tichorum Lol…
Does Allie play any gw2 pvp?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: sid.9870

sid.9870

Does anyone have any funny stories just like OP? I’d love to hear more!
I’m sorry but this just doesn’t sound sincere at all, I find it to be done either out of necessity or simply to improve the sad impression left after this embarrassing spectacle.

Try again Allie.

Hi Im Sid,
Absolute Nonsense [prrr]

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: boumz.9851

boumz.9851

As a viewer of the match, it was insanely fun to see those amazing players actively countering the passive procs. Also, the game was clear as water, at every fight of the game i was able to enjoy the skills and counterskills used by each of team.
The matches were really close, and they strike to me as very decent and nice guys.
Can’t wait to see them in another tournament, so i can enjoy the teamfights and the active counter of passive procs again.

Attachments:

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

Was a pleasure getting to meet the lot of you this past weekend. It was fantastic to get to hang out, chat and talk gw2. Hope we got to prove to you guys that we do know what’s going on and what the game needs:D

Special shout-outs to Zombify, Caed, Vyn, Twerp, Davinci, Ben, Olli, Posi, Super, Mogwow, Jsu, Muffinz, Supcutie, and Reevzy.

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

(edited by Tyler Chapman.1832)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

one of the most offensive communities you’ve seen? haha no, when it comes to pvp communities, this is one of the most helpful.

there are times when it seems this community puts more effort into improving PVP than anet does. that’s not a mean spirited statement, just the hard truth. pretending things are OK will get this game nowhere

the “negativity” from the community is simply pointing out the truth. the PVP devs are lucky they have such honest criticism, that is, unless the forum mods deletes another thread including a dev post

(edited by gwawer.9805)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

How can you even say that? If you honestly think you put more into this game than we do, you have absolutely no concept of what we do on a regular basis.

No, it was not dishonest. I had a great time with the players, and it was a sad occasion to have to watch half of them lose in the tournament. We spent a lot of time together this weekend, and had a lot of fun. There’s nothing forced about that.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I spoke to all of the pvp developers after the event and although the community seems to think they don’t know what they’re doing. They actually do. They know the meta is crap right now and they know about all the small bugs and systematic errors and the direction they mentioned they were wanting to take it in the future sounded very promising. The developers are very smart and very analytical, I give them all mad respect.

What the community doesn’t realize is all this negativity you’re conjuring and developing on the forums doesn’t help you get more responses from devs. It’s actually hurting you, a lot. The developers don’t have time to sit there and carefully word their paragraphs in a way that doesn’t outrage the community every time. We have one of the most offensive communities I’ve seen. Oh well I guess hate is always going to be louder than love.

Well done Anet, to a successful event. The internet may think otherwise; but I know the teams personally had an amazing time and the viewers at the event did also.

sorry, but respect isn’t a one way road…
When the game stops hemorrhaging all its population… I’m sure the forums will clean up.

Devs.
Sorry for all the backlash you guys get, it will eat you up inside if you pay attention to it.
The internet, especially the forums of a game that massively flopped, just aren’t bearable places for people who care.
Tragic, but the biggest truths tend to be.

Anyways Allie, I wish you all the luck in the world in what you do, and that you can kind of shift your job over to ‘starting-up/guiding topics/threads based on what the devs are currently focusing on’* instead of just trying to trudge through the kitten that infests these forums.

It’d let you become more of a guiding hand for the forums, giving a sense of direction to people who genuinely want to help as they are shown topics that the devs are currently interested in…
I can only see that as a plus, any way I look at it.

(edited by garethh.3518)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

How can you even say that? If you honestly think you put more into this game than we do, you have absolutely no concept of what we do on a regular basis.

No, it was not dishonest. I had a great time with the players, and it was a sad occasion to have to watch half of them lose in the tournament. We spent a lot of time together this weekend, and had a lot of fun. There’s nothing forced about that.

I think its because a lot of people put effort into posting suggestions and discussions about the games issues and are dissapointed by the patches most of the time because issues have not been addressed and suggestions have not been acknowledged.

We don’t know what specifically the team is doing but we are never really told enough about it either.

This also adds to the issues w/ the patches because, (specifically pvp); the patches are not quick enough, don’t contain a lot of changes, and tend to bring in more bugs/issues while not addressing many existing ones.

If we knew what the team was working on/progress, people would probably be more accepting of the quality of patches.

If devs are like nuclear submarines but deliver big-time on patches, people are more accepting of the less of communication.

Because of the combination of both, people are not happy with whatever the team is doing on a regular basis and feel that what they suggest/discuss is done w/ more effort that whatever the team is doing

And I’m sure you had fun but I as a player did not. I do not believe that what was shown at the tournament is good enough to bring any new players or keep any existing players. It seems that it was a waste of $10k and an anniversary.

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

one of the most offensive communities you’ve seen? haha no, when it comes to pvp communities, this is one of the most helpful.

there are times when it seems this community puts more effort into improving PVP than anet does. that’s not a mean spirited statement, just the hard truth. pretending things are OK will get this game nowhere

the “negativity” from the community is simply pointing out the truth. the PVP devs are lucky they have such honest criticism, that is, unless the forum mods deletes another thread including a dev post

You win for the most unrealistic comment ever. You and me are some randoms that play this game for fun. ANET actually spends all day working to improve it. Don’t forget that. Sure, they may not always implement what you want, but its unlikely you could build something better.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Part of the problem, if players DID know there wouldn’t be nearly as much belly-aching.

When there’s little to no communication and barely any action being taken all players can really think is "Anet has given up, Anet doesn’t care, etc other ideas.)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Sure, but keep in mind that most of the suggestions or feedback that is posted on this forums is either in development, on our backlog, or simply impossible to do with our game engine. We are extremely transparent when we cannot do certain things.

The tournament was not necessarily for new players. While watching the game can be fun and engaging, we fully recognize that a tournament is not all that is important keep the game going and pull in more players. This tournament was a product of the community team, not the dev team. If the community team can keep a percentage of our playerbase happy by providing and supporting tournaments, then why shouldn’t we if that doesn’t take away from development?

A lot of you seem to have this perception that “tournament = less features”, but that is just wrong. At most, the tournament meant that I might not have had as much time to post on the forums as I would have liked. That’s not to say that every Wednesday I didn’t spend 2-4 hours reading, responding, and forwarding your feedbackitten

ep seeing “it’s been a year, and nothing has changed.” Frankly, one would have to be completely removed from the game to honestly think that. In one year, we’ve seen Custom Arenas, Spectator Mode, Solo and Team Arenas, Paid tournaments come and go, Permanent stops, new maps, and many, MANY QoL issues addressed. Not to mention the many changes coming in from the Balance team.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Also, If players took the time to look back in our posting history, they would see that in the course of this past year, we have announced and talked about every major feature we have shipped, or are working on, as well as the many QoL features. If that is not transparency, there must be some definition on Urban Dictionary that I am missing.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

Whys each dev post make me more sad?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Yeah i get you..if i remember correctly is called having a real job that pays the bills and being dedicated to it..nothing fancy or out of the ordinary .Many of us can relate to it at some level
I think those randoms helping or donating to streams and trying to build the pvp community and improve this game dont get a check at the end of the month though so ..

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

i think the marketing team set the bar way to high for you devs. they promised us world class PVP last august. there were flocks of ex-WoW PVP players wanting something better. they came and went. the rest was history.

yet the marketing guys still are probably proudly proclaiming “look how great we were we got anet so many sales broke records!”

(edited by gwawer.9805)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

A lot of you seem to have this perception that “tournament = less features”, but that is just wrong. At most, the tournament meant that I might not have had as much time to post on the forums as I would have liked. That’s not to say that every Wednesday I didn’t spend 2-4 hours reading, responding, and forwarding your feedbackittenep seeing “it’s been a year, and nothing has changed.” Frankly, one would have to be completely removed from the game to honestly think that. In one year, we’ve seen Custom Arenas, Spectator Mode, Solo and Team Arenas, Paid tournaments come and go, Permanent stops, new maps, and many, MANY QoL issues addressed. Not to mention the many changes coming in from the Balance team.

What people were upset with is the fact that Structured PvP popularity is at an all time low, and just prior to the PAX tournament we saw one of the biggest, silliest balance changes that completely ruined the meta. On top of that we then saw the developers maintain a rigid stance that it would not be changed until after the PAX tournament. The player perception is that, once a tournament is announced, whatever state the game is currently in is going to remain that way, be it good or bad.

Custom arenas are great for the people that want to shell out for them. They have allowed people to organize custom “tournaments” like 3v3 Deathmatches, which have met with great success and enjoyment. Of course, seeing the players do this, and then hearing that the devs do not want to even explore the DM option, is disheartening.

Spectator Mode is a mess of bad angles. Paid tournaments came and went, as you said, so nothing really happened there in the end. Anet’s willingness to try and then remove something unsuccessful was great, can they extend the same sentiments to a deathmatch mode?

Solo Arenas and Team Arenas are good, but horribly broken currently. Permanent stomps is…well its not anything i’d write home about.

I am all for developers sharing their insight into the game, its great. What I am not for is developers crossing their arms and saying, “No.” to trying things that the community suggests. Things like:

-Removal of Downstate Option in Custom Arenas

-Deathmatch Mode, none of this secondary objective stuff, just a plain and simple DM arena.

-Height Standardization in Tournaments

-Cast Bars.

Things of that nature. Things the community has said that they want, and have been met with silence, a simple, “No,” or a lengthly explanation of why the Devs don’t want to try it. I’m sorry, and I understand its your game, but I think taking a such a stubborn stance on some things leaves a sour taste in everyone’s mouth, and makes it seem like you want us to play your game your way, and don’t give a hoot what we think.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Also, If players took the time to look back in our posting history, they would see that in the course of this past year, we have announced and talked about every major feature we have shipped, or are working on, as well as the many QoL features. If that is not transparency, there must be some definition on Urban Dictionary that I am missing.

I don’t think it has anything to do with transparency. After patches that change how classes or builds work in particular, what the game seems to be lacking at this point is the blog post attached to the balance changes explaining why certain changes were made. The two biggest questions I’ve observed (just as an active community member) are, summarized (and removing negativity): 1) Why is this change being made? 2) Why are builds being changed or made worse (perceived to be made worse) in other game modes, because of PvP?

Something that I personally (just my opinion) thought worked really well, again, were the write-ups that went along with the balance changes for guild wars 1. They would address why the change was made, and the ultimate direction they wanted to to take the class in with the changes being made. (an example: http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/developer_updates/september_2012_skill_balances.php)

Now, it’s completely understandable if there aren’t enough resources to allocate towards doing something like that, and of course the SoTGs kind of address that to an extent, but the thing that SoTG really lacks is being scripted in that regard, as well as the time frame element, and being community directed. Sometimes, changes get explained with depth, and at others, people don’t ask follow up questions for every class or every change, and being community driven, part of the responsibility lies with hosts and guests because either they understood it and aren’t aware that the audience might need more detail, or they are genuinely uninterested in the change and don’t bother asking a follow up.

With a nice, rehearsed, thought out text write up, it gives the writer a chance to get the necessary details out of their head in order to explain them (as opposed to an on the spot questioning), while not necessarily needing to worry about the time constraints that the SoTGs provide. Additionally, some people would just prefer a text format to a dialogue, because text might be easier to understand and provide a better clarity than what the dialogue on the SoTGs provides.

tl;dr: It would be really nice to see the type of dev blog type posts accompany balance changes, similar to how they were in guild wars 1 (again, for emphasis: http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/developer_updates/september_2012_skill_balances.php)

Great job at PAX by the way. Personally, I’m happy with what the devs have said the intentions are for the game, even if the time frames aren’t always the most satisfying. Still, the only game I can use to hold a candle up to guild wars 2 is guild wars 1, and I think that really says something positive if the life cycle of guild wars 1 is indicative of whats to come for guild wars 2. Keep it up.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

I do know that we get previews on some major things but there are problems w/ that.
The Implementation of many of these things aren’t up to the standard that would keep players satisfied and off the forums.

Leaderboards don’t really matter because ratings shift too much or don’t decay enough.

Some feel that there the initial price of custom arenas is too much and there is no way to maintain one through pvp unless u get lucky w/ dyes.

There are not enough people playing Solo/Team so queing is long, many times you won’t load in w/ a full team on one side, facing the same people, and some one-sided games.

Spectator is not for tournament games so its harder to learn from better players considering many of the games you can spectate are nothing like what a player would experience in tPvP and CJ said it may take 1 year w/ a team working on it.

Skyhammer seems to be unliked by most and people don’t like getting temple frequently

Those things did get added to the game but because of their quality, its not really worth noting. If someone asked me if the game changed in this year I would say no because what was added is not good enough to impact my experience w/ it.

I do know that QoL issues have been addressed but pre-josh davis, it was almost worthless to post bugs because there was almost no acknowledgment of their existence or progress on being fixed. This was evident w/ Phantasmal Berserker and turrets. Even turrets only recently had their rate of fire bugs acknowledged and no one knows how that has progressed.

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

$10 says that Allie convienently logged off 5 seconds before we posted.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: DruidiN.2817

DruidiN.2817

We were very thankful each patch you did for us, but the truth is

Matchmaking was poorly designed and everyone here know that even you.

With this matchmaking leaderboards just failed too.

Spectator mode was ok if we had tournaments very often but we dont have and we cant spectate the tournaments queue, we can only spectate hot join (wtf?).

Solo Arena – the unfair matches just turn the Solo Arena in a 5~10min queue time to play 80% of the time Temple. (And the community made a post about that problem and we received an arrogant answer “Because its random.”) and people syncing is another problem.

Custom Arena and Finishers no major problems but the funny thing is we have to pay with real money to have both because we dont have any way to make gold or gem in pvp.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

In one year, we’ve seen Custom Arenas, Spectator Mode, Solo and Team Arenas, Paid tournaments come and go, Permanent stops, new maps, and many, MANY QoL issues addressed. Not to mention the many changes coming in from the Balance team.

You know why there’s a disconnect between your long list of stuff and players saying you haven’t done anything in the past year? Because with all those things, the game hasn’t actually improved very much.

Custom arenas? I mean I guess they’re cool and all, but they’re not much different than old hotjoins. You left out the most important feature people were looking for from them (turning off nodes).

Spectator mode? Does anyone actually use that outside of tournaments? It’s only available in hotjoins, which isn’t exactly the most competitive of modes and there’s no way to find the top players to watch them.

Arenas? Ya, that was an improvement. Solo queue was definitely needed. But there’s also a real feeling here of… why wasn’t this included at launch instead of the paid tournament system which never had a chance of success?

Permanent stomps? I mean I guess that’s cool; it’s good to get some fluff in pvp. Personally I’ve never even used a rank stomp. It doesn’t have much effect on the game.

New maps? I’m surprised you brought that one up lol. Have you noticed how well those new maps have been received? I think the general opinion of the newer maps ranges from neutral to infuriated.

QoL changes? Hard to say without knowing specifically what you are referring to, but I can tell you as an elementalist, every single time I play this game my experience is worsened by bugs and glitches. Every. Single. Time. So it’s hard for me to get excited about QoL stuff when these problems which have been reported since before launch are still there.

And balance changes? That’s another one I’m surprised you brought up considering the recent events on the forum. Balance has not been getting better over time. It just hasn’t. The gap between worst and best isn’t smaller. There aren’t more viable builds. Certain builds are still complete must haves at high levels. And then the fact that balance changes come so incredibly slowly, and then were halted completely for months due to PAX. No one is impressed by the balance changes.

This is why you so often see players say nothing has changed in the past year. From your perspective, you’ve been working hard and adding tons of stuff, but from the perspective of many players, their experience has not actually improved from your efforts, and the things that more directly impact their enjoyment go largely ignored and unchanged.

This is also why you hear so many players say you completely ignore your playerbase. When people are asking for stuff like new game modes, more frequent and better balancing, improved incentives, reduced rank grind, leaderboard improvements, etc etc etc, you give us Skyhammer, torment, and burning. That doesn’t make people go yay thanks anet! It makes people collectively say ‘wut?’

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

that’s not a mean spirited statement

Oh yes, it is.

Maybe not primarily directed at you, but from my point of view the whining part of the community as a whole is acting like a parent who is giving its misbehaving child a thorough beating and who is yelling all the time: “This is hurting me more than you!”

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: allindal.8406

allindal.8406

dreztina
^^ So much QQ, but doesn’t offer any solutions…
CRY HARDER.

I’m going to assume that Anet has more access to their own games metrics than you do. Therefore, you are ignorant.

Blackgate
PVT Elementalist/Warrior/ Guardian

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

dreztina
^^ So much QQ, but doesn’t offer any solutions…
CRY HARDER.

I’m going to assume that Anet has more access to their own games metrics than you do. Therefore, you are ignorant.

dreztina is pointing out the fact that the game is pretty much parallel to where it was balance-wise months ago; it’s a different meta but has just as many balance problems (if not more)

It would take a vast wall of text to really dig into methods of fixing what’s currently broken while at the same time bringing subpar options into play, but please, do indulge us since it’s so easy. The fact that we can point out that this situation exists is actually part of the solution, as it can be taken as a lesson learned, hopefully.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Frankly all I could ask for is more dev posts like this, so I’m happy.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

i want to go to pax next year.. just to meet allie <3

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Not bad for the first tournament. Obviously many flaws there but now you learned for the next time.

I believe that PvP improved A LOT since the beginning. But seriously, fix matchmaking already. I’m sure that shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Instead of waiting for 5 players of the similar rating and putting them in the same roster, and then waiting for another 5 with similar rating (but possibly different than the other team) and putting them in the second roster. Just make it so you wait for 10 players and then you form 2 balanced rosters. I have faith in you Anet, you can do this!

Don’t add new game modes. But do add daily tournaments similar to GW1 ones at some point (it’s not urgent). Also, instead of spending 4 hours on wednesday, spend 1 hour every second day or something on responding on the posts here.

Keep up the good work, but seriously, fix matchmaking!

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Infect.2738

Infect.2738

They get trash talked because they BM. I think that’s known by anyone who plays PvP. Of course that act nice toward the ArenaNet team. Do you expect them to BM you guys too? I can honestly say I’ve never played a game before where another team has talked so much trash toward others until I encountered SYNC. And I know for a fact I am speaking for many GW2 PvP teams.

Care to list off a few examples if you are going to make that claim because i can’t think of any. Especially any regarding your account name

And @Allie/Tyler, ty for the kind words and it definitely was fun. I look forward to doing it again!

Zombify – 2013 PAX NA and 2014 NA All-Star Necro
Stream- http://www.twitch.tv/thezombify
Twitter- @ZombifyGW2

(edited by Infect.2738)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

It is quite depressing to hear that engine limitation is such a factor. I’ve heard it a few times now in the past few days. My expectations for a competitive infrastructure has been lowered greatly.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

@Allie and any other Dev

Remember thakittens litterally impossible to make everyone happy, specially online gamers, its a really hard population to work with, specially forums are crowded with many ppl that only sees the downsides and like to spread negativity.
Just take criticism, keep good points and suggestion and work on them, just drop accusations.
This game is still one of the best games around, it may not be good for everyone on all his aspects, we all know it can improve, we all want it, cause we know there is a great potential in all this, and many (me too) might heat up sometimes cause we just dont want to see it wasted.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: sid.9870

sid.9870

Don’t you worry bud – they have mastered dropping accusations along with any form of criticism, focusing on the upsides (are they really?) and not making everyone happy.

Boasting about content that should have been there in the first place, and ignoring 99% of feedback coming from players is whats happening – this is why you see such negativity now, not because people are vicious and anet (pvp/community teams present here) are poor victims of online depravity.

Hi Im Sid,
Absolute Nonsense [prrr]

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Wait a minute…you are being sarcastic!

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

I agree. I only wish if every gw2 torny is as balanced as Pax Grand Final. SYNC is obviously full of talented and experienced players. Car Crash clearly deserved the cash price as they were able to overcome such massive obstacle and prevail. It certainly seemed like a lot of work for 10000 USD.

I think Cate from Sync deserve a special mention. I almost cried when I saw the lone thief trying to steal the point from a warrior, dying 3 times in the process. Sure, it didn’t work out, but come on now. We all know how underpowered thieves are and how broken warriors can be, so let’s give this talented thief a round of applause as he is clearly a great asset to the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

(edited by showatt.9413)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

@Allie and any other Dev

Remember thakittens litterally impossible to make everyone happy, specially online gamers, its a really hard population to work with, specially forums are crowded with many ppl that only sees the downsides and like to spread negativity.
Just take criticism, keep good points and suggestion and work on them, just drop accusations.
This game is still one of the best games around, it may not be good for everyone on all his aspects, we all know it can improve, we all want it, cause we know there is a great potential in all this, and many (me too) might heat up sometimes cause we just dont want to see it wasted.

Honestly, Pax is a large reason alot of people quit the game or hate the game. People got stuck with an unplayable game for 3 months or whatever, and this was because of PAX. So to then make a post saying how awesome pax was is making people mad.

Unfair? Probably.
Predictable? Definitely.

The motivation behind the topic is undoubtedly sincere but the reaction to it seems predictable unfortunately.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

A lot of you seem to have this perception that “tournament = less features”, but that is just wrong. At most, the tournament meant that I might not have had as much time to post on the forums as I would have liked. That’s not to say that every Wednesday I didn’t spend 2-4 hours reading, responding, and forwarding your feedbackittenep seeing “it’s been a year, and nothing has changed.” Frankly, one would have to be completely removed from the game to honestly think that. In one year, we’ve seen Custom Arenas, Spectator Mode, Solo and Team Arenas, Paid tournaments come and go, Permanent stops, new maps, and many, MANY QoL issues addressed. Not to mention the many changes coming in from the Balance team.

What people were upset with is the fact that Structured PvP popularity is at an all time low, and just prior to the PAX tournament we saw one of the biggest, silliest balance changes that completely ruined the meta. On top of that we then saw the developers maintain a rigid stance that it would not be changed until after the PAX tournament. The player perception is that, once a tournament is announced, whatever state the game is currently in is going to remain that way, be it good or bad.

Custom arenas are great for the people that want to shell out for them. They have allowed people to organize custom “tournaments” like 3v3 Deathmatches, which have met with great success and enjoyment. Of course, seeing the players do this, and then hearing that the devs do not want to even explore the DM option, is disheartening.

Spectator Mode is a mess of bad angles. Paid tournaments came and went, as you said, so nothing really happened there in the end. Anet’s willingness to try and then remove something unsuccessful was great, can they extend the same sentiments to a deathmatch mode?

Solo Arenas and Team Arenas are good, but horribly broken currently. Permanent stomps is…well its not anything i’d write home about.

I am all for developers sharing their insight into the game, its great. What I am not for is developers crossing their arms and saying, “No.” to trying things that the community suggests. Things like:

-Removal of Downstate Option in Custom Arenas

-Deathmatch Mode, none of this secondary objective stuff, just a plain and simple DM arena.

-Height Standardization in Tournaments

-Cast Bars.

Things of that nature. Things the community has said that they want, and have been met with silence, a simple, “No,” or a lengthly explanation of why the Devs don’t want to try it. I’m sorry, and I understand its your game, but I think taking a such a stubborn stance on some things leaves a sour taste in everyone’s mouth, and makes it seem like you want us to play your game your way, and don’t give a hoot what we think.

I personally would be happy if we just received a team deathmatch option. Two teams fighting would be a lot of fun. It would also allow for a greater variety of builds.

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

You know what the devs do when people complain in the dungeon forums? Leave it to rot for a month or so than post some vague and brief little morsel of a comment response.. Then they leave it to rot again. It’s the cycle of life over there. Consider yourselves lucky in the pvp forums.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

showatt.9413

At least they respond. If you wanna know what most dev do when it comes to interacting with players, go have a look at swtor forum. Consider yourself lucky if you see even one dev posting anything.

With all due respect I actually think gw2 devs are the reason why the forum is so negative. You guys – Allie, JohnSharp, Foreman and many others – really care too much. You care about what the player wants, you care about the game, but sometimes that can end up hindering you and burning you out. You try to keep the game design process transparent, but everyone – not realizing that certain matters are out of your hand – just keep asking for more.

Hell I don’t even think half of them even read before they post.

And the strange thing is, Swtor forum is actually a lot more positive than gw2 forum. For some bizarre reason, People are more likely to defend a silent but useless deity than a helpful, outspoken one.

I honestly think you guys should just take the positive feedback, ignore the negative ones – don’t even bother responding or trying to explain (people won’t read it) – and continue on building content according to how you see should be built.

And always remember:

Normal Person + Audience + Anonymity = complete #@(& wit.

(edited by showatt.9413)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Indikah.4869

Indikah.4869

Sounds like they devs are spending a lot of time defending themselves. No one sees any of this they’re talking about here because it’s not reflected in-game. It’s just talk. There are plenty of jobs where people are always really really busy, but still producing sub-par results and losing business. What matters is how effectively you can keep up with what your customers want. No one cares if that takes you 1 hour a week or less, as long as there is a truly desired result. You can work all week, and if you fall short of your customers desires, they will still look elsewhere.

(edited by Indikah.4869)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

showatt.9413

Sounds like they devs are spending a lot of time defending themselves. No one sees any of this they’re talking about here because it’s not reflected in-game. It’s just talk. There are plenty of jobs where people are always really really busy, but still producing sub-par results and losing business. What matters is how effectively you can keep up with what your customers want. No one cares if that takes you 1 hour a week or less, as long as there is a truly desired result. You can work all week, and if you fall short of your customers desires, they will still look elsewhere.

“what consumer wants” lol.

When gw2 first came out, the game had little reward. There is also restriction on farming. Diminishing return and whatnot. People were crying all over forums.

So the dev decided to increase the reward. Now people are complaining about too much reward. About farmers farming too much.

Once again the forum is filled with tears.

Before Daphoenix comes along and shows everyone how it’s done, people were complaining about how underpowered elementalists are. PVP Forum was full of QQ.

After a few month, people started calling D/D elem nerfs. And the QQ never left.

What consumer wants?
You have no idea how often I hear that phrase being used. Every time I hear it it makes me wanna laugh. Did you actually think you’re the first person to say something along that line?

(edited by showatt.9413)

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Sure, but keep in mind that most of the suggestions or feedback that is posted on this forums is either in development, on our backlog, or simply impossible to do with our game engine.

Know that I read these forums daily(many of us do), constantly refreshing the page and reading through most every thread. I’ve been passing along all good feedback to the team (you can ask them yourself how naggy I can be about it) since day one. There are even times I take your feedback and expand on it, by creating more professional documentation.

Don’t make the mistake thinking we are not aware of what is wrong with the game or that we aren’t watching the feedback you are providing. We are well aware of most everything that is going on out there, we are just busy. I think we cleared this issue up with those who attended the PAX event. It may be difficult to understand that we have it under control and know what’s going on with the obvious flaws in our system right now (matchmaking, decay, leaver penalty, rewards) but know that we are working to fix them all at the soonest possible point in time. Often times processes come in the way of releasing content as fast as the community expects it(*sigh, game development process), but know that they will be fixed.

I can try to be more visible on the forums here regarding your feedback but Allie already does a good job at that. Just know that I’m here lurking and watching over this section of the forums constantly.

<3 you all

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

That is great Tyler, I am sure everything you mention is true, just, guys(and girls) please be a little more active responding in posts, even the simpliest reply would do great good.

Keep up the good work, cheers.

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

Props to CC and SYNC

in PvP

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

Sure, but keep in mind that most of the suggestions or feedback that is posted on this forums is either in development, on our backlog, or simply impossible to do with our game engine.

Know that I read these forums daily(many of us do), constantly refreshing the page and reading through most every thread. I’ve been passing along all good feedback to the team (you can ask them yourself how naggy I can be about it) since day one. There are even times I take your feedback and expand on it, by creating more professional documentation.

Don’t make the mistake thinking we are not aware of what is wrong with the game or that we aren’t watching the feedback you are providing. We are well aware of most everything that is going on out there, we are just busy. I think we cleared this issue up with those who attended the PAX event. It may be difficult to understand that we have it under control and know what’s going on with the obvious flaws in our system right now (matchmaking, decay, leaver penalty, rewards) but know that we are working to fix them all at the soonest possible point in time. Often times processes come in the way of releasing content as fast as the community expects it(*sigh, game development process), but know that they will be fixed.

I can try to be more visible on the forums here regarding your feedback but Allie already does a good job at that. Just know that I’m here lurking and watching over this section of the forums constantly.

<3 you all

Having said that I am sure of your good intentions, you have to admit that something is not working well, because, after a year, it is quite clear that the lack of any public testing phase is creating many problems (for example, the condition meta could easily be avoided with a proper testing).

So my question is: why do not you create a test server? With little you could solve many problems ;-)

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)