Pugs Vs Premades and 3/4 on 5

in PvP

Posted by: Gasp.3824

Gasp.3824

I know this has been brought up a gazillion times, but, honestly, why hasn’t this been fixed yet. Around 60% of my games are like this now. At least write a program that makes that game not rated for the leader boards, or, make it like DOTA once the game recognizes that both teams are not full it allows you to leave the game without penalty but applies only a penalty to the first leaver.

Pugs on premades is just stupid, I do not understand why they cant at least implement in-game VOIP so that random PUGS can have a chance to form some sort of strategy against premades.

I cant speak for other people but, this is making me rapidly lose interest in this game and at this point I am very close to leaving altogether since this is so frustrating. The point is not to drop threats, but a simple question as what holds them back from fixing this.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I just went to help a guild member achieve their monthly.

1st match 5 vs 5..3 of us were from same guild with 2 of us with pvp experience. Final score 435 to 500. Good match, even though we lost.
2nd match attempt 3 vs 5..got stomped hard, but no one left.
3rd match 3 vs 5 with a 4th joining half way through. The 4th person just gave up and never left the starting area.

After that my guild mate simply said, “Pvp sucks.”

That was their introduction to Tpvp. I do wonder if they’ll try again?..here’s hoping they do before a newer game gets released, or there is another potential player gone from future Tpvp, maybe just the game itself.

I like anet. I enjoyed guild wars for 7 years..it does kinda make me worry about guild wars 2 future when I see things like this happen and a player gets instantly turned off the moment they try their hand at pvp..and that’s with 2 guild mates helping them.

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

My daily routine: solo queue: 8/10 times bad matchmaking but 6 of those is when my team is outmanned (4 or less) in these cases the enemy is usually also a premade group calling us names or saying “stop qq” when we state we are 1 man down. Other 2 times either we outman the enemy or it’s rank20’s getting roflstomped by r50+ premades.
Duo queue: 4/10 times we’re outmanned but most of the times the teammates we get don’t really cooperate/see our tag and start leeching or zerging with us causing us to split which is the worst case. Funnily enough not many skilled guilds play against me when I duo queue but premade teams nonetheless.
Guild group: when we do go out with the guild we end up stomping over PvX guild groups or pugs and we sometimes end up outmanning the opposition. 1 time my guildie left the game just before we started so we played with 4 throughout against another guild group. Thank god for all 3 mob steals we won the game still Btw we rarely do tpvp as a guild as we’re mostly into WvW.
Think there should be a penalty for leaving a game. Say 1 hour for the first time and 3 hours after with am extra hour adding on which resets weekly. Though if you can make it back before the end of the game you can claim to reduce the penalty but anyone with bad connections should be aware of it and therefore not queue for games, ruining people’s experience. Also put a 30 sec timer for people who don’t leave spawn area and auto-ban them and end the game. Same with losses due to being outmanned should not count as games played and lost

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

there are not much SoloQ players anymore and everyday more players just stop pressing this “join solo” button cause to do so is so frustrating
the baddest game experience you ever will have cause arenanet dont care about you and abuse you to be cannonfodder for premade teams so the premade teams can have matches

they say they will fix it – SOMEDAY – but dont hope there priorities are not on pvp^^

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I do a bit of PvP almost every day. And every single day the same thing happens. I get a mega-rage after getting farmed by premades. Why there is still no solo queue is beyond me. I would make a new thread about it every single day, fueled by the rage alone. But then I guess I would get banned so no luck here. I already heard someone in Anet mentioning solo queues as “high priority”. But seriously, how hard this can be to implement? Are they affraid that adding solo queues will increase queue times for premades? Well guess what, if the current nonsense continues, solo queuers will keep leaving and long queues will be the reality for everyone sooner or later anyway.

PS. I much rather wait few more minutes and get more balanced matches than wasting 10 minutes on a game where a premade team of Asuras will repeatedly /dance over my dead body.

in PvP

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Solo queue in its current state is more frustrating than fun.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

i dont care about outcome in hotjoins and appreciate immediate queue time. i’d rather not sacrifice queue for balancing. i play to develop and demo skills to win, and i know i have them (or not) regardless of final scoreboard.

in PvP

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

It’s simply not worth it to solo q unless you’re a masochist. It’s nearly impossible to win when you’re down a man. How awesome does it feel knowing you’re going to lose even before the match starts? It’s not awesome, and it’s driving people away. Solo Q needs to have priority over new content.

in PvP

Posted by: Gasp.3824

Gasp.3824

What confuses me is that several times in forums and also in STOG, developers have mentioned they read the forums religiously. If this is true do they not care about tpvp?

I am not being melodramatic since at this point I seriously believe this to be the case as the most glaring issues that are posted in the forums day after day do not get addressed.

Do they need to add more people to the tpvp team? I mean when I played RIFT, patches came out almost daily fixing any issue they could, why cant tpvp be more of a priority in this game? Is it because it generates little income for them? I honestly would like some kind of answer so I can either stick around or just move on.

in PvP

Posted by: kekec.6835

kekec.6835

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.9682

Jae.9682

After looking at that image, I realize that the people in this thread must be at the low end of the matchmaking, because I play between 3 and 6 hours a night, half of which is totally solo, and I don’t have these issues.

If you are short a person, it is because they queued and logged off, or because they dc’d. The simple fact is that once you are queued into a match the game won’t let you go anywhere else. If you log out and log back in on any character, it puts you back in the match automatically.

Once your matchmaking/ranking rating goes up you see less of these people. The problem is at the bottom of the system you have all the people that don’t understand how tournaments work and just assume that their spot will be back filled like in spvp. Or people with just really bad internet. Or people that queued, not knowing what that meant, and then logged off when nothing happened.

I think this can be partially solved by putting a requirement of rank 5 or above on tournaments. You’ll still have the dc-ers, but really not much you can do about that.

One of the main problems of this thread is that you assume these missing spots are people maliciously sabotaging your game and its really not. But anet could certainly do something about the education of new players about how tournaments work.

Jae Sun, Jae of Arc, Jae Kal, Jae Khan, Jae Barka, Jae Hemingway
Original Member of Blackgate.
Member of HB.

in PvP

Posted by: kekec.6835

kekec.6835

the only way you can gain ranking is if u team up with 4ppl and farm ppl solo queueing.
and abuse the current matchmaking system.
as long as premades play vs solo queuers and you get punished for losing 3v5 its impossible to gain it, because 50% of the games are like that. and if you can win half of the games that are balanced, you are lucky to win 3 out of 10 games.

(edited by kekec.6835)

in PvP

Posted by: Equinox.1025

Equinox.1025

Sorry my bad english.

Its to dificult a solo queue anet?

just make 2 windows/queue torney categories, one ONLY solo player maths that NEGATE invite your friends or group, if you gonna play with your friends/premade/team/etc… use the 2nd window/queue with the invite group option.

obviously solo and group are diferent list and never would be mixed.

I know this dont solve the afk/leavers and can make long waiting players time but i think is a good/easy/fast/we need this now! change that can make a lot of people more happy

ty