Why?
Or am I the only one loser?

Offtopic:
Why spirit pets are immune?

Pull(Binding Blade) vs dodge

in PvP

Posted by: EatThisShoe.5136

EatThisShoe.5136

It’s the projectile you have to dodge, when he throws his sword at you. Once the projectile hits you dodging wont help, but if you dodge the projectile he can’t pull you.

in PvP

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

It’s the projectile you have to dodge, when he throws his sword at you. Once the projectile hits you dodging wont help, but if you dodge the projectile he can’t pull you.

This is the problem. “Pull” break dodge roll.
Arena for example nerf “Basilisk venom” cheat against dodge.

in PvP

Posted by: Salt.6794

Salt.6794

Dodge the initial blade throw or move out of range of the pull (it’s like 600 IIRC). This isn’t a terribly difficult ability to counter.

in PvP

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Dodge the initial blade throw or move out of range of the pull (it’s like 600 IIRC). This isn’t a terribly difficult ability to counter.

No, except if he does it in melee when it has the same kitten animation as their #2. Oh and it pulls you out of skills like Death Blossom/Pistol Whip while they take away the initiative. That’s the most kitten thing about it tbh.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Guardians have several skills that can’t be dodged, notably their ground-based cc. I often react to the attack animations on those, and dodge, only to find that they were just drawing a circle in the ground and instead of dodging, I get knocked down mid-roll. In unrelated news, I can dodge through explosions, no problem.

Just poking fun, though, I need to learn my animations better.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

]

This is the problem. “Pull” break dodge roll.
Arena for example nerf “Basilisk venom” cheat against dodge.

What?

First of all it isn’t a problem, learn the animations. Your second sentence makes 0 sense.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoke.2147

Zoke.2147

tbh both their 2 and 5 are high priorities to dodge, if they start spinning dodge…

in PvP

Marduh.4603

tbh both their 2 and 5 are high priorities to dodge, if they start spinning dodge…

And “pull” break dodge…

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

And “pull” break dodge…

They can’t pull you unless they have already landed the ability on you. Do you understand this? The guardian presses #5 which throws out a swords which if they hit you, you can then be pulled by the guardian pressing #5 once again. If you dodge the initial sword projectile you can’t be pulled! You can’t dodge the pull because the ability has already landed on you, better luck next time.

in PvP

Marduh.4603

And you know that nothing should interrupt dodge? Earlier basilisk venom interrupted dodge and it quickly corrected.

in PvP

Posted by: Salt.6794

Salt.6794

No, except if he does it in melee when it has the same kitten animation as their #2. Oh and it pulls you out of skills like Death Blossom/Pistol Whip while they take away the initiative. That’s the most kitten thing about it tbh.

You should pay more attention to guardian abilities. It’s true that they’re both spins, however skill 2 shoots out bright blue-purple bolts while skill 5 just throws a small sword at you. I play guardian, thief, and engineer in PvP. I’ve never had an issue dealing with it on my thief or engineer and I’ve had plenty of people dodge it on my guardian. Sucks that you lose the initiative but other classes don’t have the chance to use the ability again (assuming there’s enough initiative) due to cool downs.

And you know that nothing should interrupt dodge? Earlier basilisk venom interrupted dodge and it quickly corrected.

Basilisk venom doesn’t give you a chance to dodge the thief applying it to his next attack now does it?

in PvP

Marduh.4603

Basilisk venom doesn’t give you a chance to dodge the thief applying it to his next attack now does it?

Previously, he was deafening in the middle of a roll, as it now does “pull”.

in PvP

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

I believe what he is trying to say is:

If the guardian pulls you – you should not be pulled inside the evade animation. Earlier the thief skill basilik venom did this and got fixed.

Thief venom: Next attack turns target into stone – hits you with it while you are in evade animation – evade is cancelled and you are stunned before evade is over.

Guardain pull: Guardian hits his skill on you. Then he presses pull – even if you are in evade animation – he pulls you.

At least this is what i understood from the posts. I have no clue if thief skill worked that way..or actually got fixed..or even if guardian skill works that way.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Its an interesting point, but I think it works fine as is because 1) you can dodge the inital throw (which has an extremely obvious animation) 2) if you do get hit you can move out of range, and 3) stability or dazeing/fear/stunning/kd guardian will disupt the pull. Being able to get tagged and then dodge roll out would make the skill pretty kittened right?

Well, I guess if theif stealth broke on damage……

in PvP

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

“Nothing should interrupt dodge?”

Wrong… No wait, should is right but it’s not right… we are being stopped from dodging in many cases, so why is dodge there again?

Many things can interrupt dodge, ergo my thread on this very subject.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in PvP

Posted by: EatThisShoe.5136

EatThisShoe.5136

If you couldn’t be pulled during a dodge you would essentially get two opportunities to dodge Binding Blade, first when he throws it, and a second time when he pulls. If you want to avoid the pull after being hit you need to use stability.

in PvP

Marduh.4603

Its an interesting point, but I think it works fine as is because 1) you can dodge the inital throw (which has an extremely obvious animation) 2) if you do get hit you can move out of range, and 3) stability or dazeing/fear/stunning/kd guardian will disupt the pull. Being able to get tagged and then dodge roll out would make the skill pretty kittened right?

Well, I guess if theif stealth broke on damage……

If you couldn’t be pulled during a dodge you would essentially get two opportunities to dodge Binding Blade, first when he throws it, and a second time when he pulls. If you want to avoid the pull after being hit you need to use stability.

Use stability for what? To avoid bug ability?
You can say what you want. But the fact that the “Pull” interrupts dodge this bug.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

No you can say what you want, but the fact that the venom got fixed and this skill didn’t means that the way it works is intended.

You can still dodge Binding’s Blade first cast, the one with obvious animation and low projectile speed, and completely nullify the skill. The same couldn’t be said about the venom, you couldn’t dodge it at all. So you are comparing apples and oranges.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”