PvE Gear in PvP

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Divine.3279

Divine.3279

Seriously? Are you serious?

So ArenaNet is kind enough and puts PvE Gear into a scene that may I remind you DOES NOT NEED IT AT ALL, and they don’t even make it hard to get as well. Even if you lost a match, you would STILL get access to chests that had Ascended Shards that are needed to buy Ascended Gear.

ArenaNet probably had reasoning to cut back on this, and that reason is people have always said that PvE Gear is needed as rewards to grow the PvP in this game. Let’s all be honest with ourselves right now and right here, let’s take a person who has never done a PvP game at all in their entire time playing Guild Wars 2 or they just hate PvP, go into PvP to just get Ascended Gear because they see how easy it is to get. The moment they finish and get the gear they need, do you REALLY THINK they’ll stick around and try to climb the rest of the season? Yeah, it grows the PvP community without a doubt, but it’s a one time hitter. Once they get what they needed, they leave. Now is every player that wants only Ascended Gear like this? No not at all. I’m not saying every single one is like this, but the majority are.

To me personally? I’d love for them to bring back SKINS ONLY as League Rewards and not PvE Gear, because I knew from the start when they added Ascended Gear into PvP that this exact thing would happen. The hate for PvE’ers would grow because they would rush into Ranked without knowing a single clue how to play just to farm Ascended Gear, toxicity would grow, and just all out anarchy would set loose.

And guess what? I was completely right! Do the PvE’ers who just want gear deserve the hate they are getting? Now you might think im an elitist pvper and im going to say yes, but its actually the opposite, no the PvE’ers do not need the toxicity and hate coming from us PvP’ers. The reason is, lets switch the sides, let the PvP’ers be the PvE’ers and the PvE’ers be the PvP’ers (i don’t know too much about pve so excuse me if i get a lot of this wrong lul) from what I hear Ascended Gear is hard to get in PvE, now if people found out a way to get it easier and lessen the grind, what do they do? Oh that’s completely 100% right, they go for the easiest way! Don’t even lie, you would too! That’s just what the PvE’ers did. They found an easier way to bypass the grind, every single player that has ever played a game has done this.

Now to a PvE player stand point, I can see why you are hating this, because they took out an easy grind for you, but you have to understand as well, to really grow a community you need something that players work hard for. If you didn’t gain any progression toward a chest whenever you lost, that would be something, but because you still do gain progression toward a chest even though you lost, you get Ascended Gear very easily in PvP, and that’s the reason why ArenaNet cut back on it, because of the fact that as much as we love to have easy grind in the game, it’s not a good way to grow a community.

Just a Necromancer
Nothing that Special
Necromancer Guide for PvP

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

u forgot that pve players tend to have lots of characters.
they will grind each season to gear up all their toons.

relax, it is working as intended.

the pvp players get to murder pve players.
the pvp players get to get murdered in order to get their ascended gear.
this is a win win for everyone.

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

… all the PvE players are in bronze where their skill level is.

Of course the entire concept of a “PvE’er” is kinda stupid, they are no worse than any regular bad pvp’er. Of course most people just call all bad players “PvE’ers” regardless of whether said person actually does PvE.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Of course the entire concept of a “PvE’er” is kinda stupid, they are no worse than any regular bad pvp’er. Of course most people just call all bad players “PvE’ers” regardless of whether said person actually does PvE.

well it is kinda true to some extent though.
at least for the few people that i know of.

for example, some people, in my friend list, i know they seldom pvp, but participated in the last season anyway, i look at their wins loses rating etc and well the numbers are not very good.

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Crinn.7864

well it is kinda true to some extent though.
at least for the few people that i know of.

for example, some people, in my friend list, i know they seldom pvp, but participated in the last season anyway, i look at their wins loses rating etc and well the numbers are not very good.

I couldn’t care less about how much or how little PvP they do as long as their rating is where it belongs.

You can’t stop bad players from queuing and there no difference between a PvE’er and some random new guy with delusions of grandeur.

YouTube

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Kreweless.2196

Kreweless.2196

You can’t stop bad players from queuing and there no difference between a PvE’er and some random new guy with delusions of grandeur.

Indeed there is a critical difference between a player that is just here for their participation reward and a bad competitive player.

The desire, or at least interest, in winning.

These guys regularly — in game and on the forums — admitted they had no interest in the outcomes of the matches they were ruining. They were just there for the gear.

That really fudges the experience for anyone who wants to win, or improve, or enjoy themselves. You know, the type of player that likes PvP.

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Crinn.7864

The desire, or at least interest, in winning.

If there is one thing PvE’ers understand, it’s time efficiency. The pip gains for winning are substantially better than the pip gains for losing. Anyone that can do basic math knows that the time requirement to get ascended if all you do is lose is huge, and by huge I mean just shy of a thousand matches in order to get a full set.

The current incentive system does not provide any motivation for losing. This whole “cearbears” crap is nothing but a imaginary scapegoat that salty players came up to explain why they are losing.

YouTube

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Don´t give pips on a loss ….

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Don´t give pips on a loss ….

but that is kinda a bit discouraging though.

especially in “fair fights” games i.e. 500 vs 400 ish games or 500 vs 490 ish games etc.

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

they added pips for close losses which is good and not the same as giving three as base. could be five on 400+ and nothing below. I suggested a while ago to do it like no till
200, one to 300, two to 400 and five for 400+ and the ten for the victory. This is the way to go not hand out three for free and not playing.

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well, if they are being more generous, they could do it,
like, a pip for every 50 points your team scored

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

What is pve’er by your definition?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Maybe “PvE players” find the game mode mostly boring and choose to not continue past doing league for what they want.

Maybe these players are from WvW looking for easy minstrel/trailblazer stats that cost a bomb.

Maybe these PvE/WvW players are actually much higher in ranking than you think and actually are decent at the classes they play.

Maybe some of the “real PvPers” aren’t as good as they think and can’t see when they have reached their best and simply be satisfied they don’t have blow out matches.

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

What is an online competitive game by your definition?

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

What is an online competitive game by your definition?

You know, he said “… all the PvE players are in bronze where their skill level is.” But here is fun fact, Sindrener (top player on LBs, pro league player etc., one of the best thieves in game) actually raids and runs fractals frequently. Where does it fit the statement made by Cinn? Hence why i am asking, what is definition of “PVE’er”.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Crinn.7864

You know, he said “… all the PvE players are in bronze where their skill level is.” But here is fun fact, Sindrener (top player on LBs, pro league player etc., one of the best thieves in game) actually raids and runs fractals frequently. Where does it fit the statement made by Cinn? Hence why i am asking, what is definition of “PVE’er”.

He doesn’t fit any definition which is why the entire concept of the evil-PvE’ers-out-to-ruin-pvp is myopic.

YouTube

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I am a Pve’er and I got out of bronze quite easily. Thx a lot…..Here is the reality: it is all about competitivity and awareness of skill and there is no need to be a true a PvP’er for that. The only difference between them is this: “Oh shatterer is up…Quick I need to quit PvP to get into a good map for the achievements tied to the backpack”, whereas a Pvp’er will say: " I don’t care about shatterer, I will only queue up for the entire evening". I mean it has been some fun to play a bit of ranked but I won’t spend my entire playtime queuing up. As for the topic at hand, I really don’t mind the changes and I agree with OP, I would rather try PvP for exclusive skins than ascended pieces

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I am a Pve’er and I got out of bronze quite easily. Thx a lot…..Here is the reality: it is all about competitivity and awareness of skill and there is no need to be a true a PvP’er for that. The only difference between them is this: “Oh shatterer is up…Quick I need to quit PvP to get into a good map for the achievements tied to the backpack”, whereas a Pvp’er will say: " I don’t care about shatterer, I will only queue up for the entire evening". I mean it has been some fun to play a bit of ranked but I won’t spend my entire playtime queuing up. As for the topic at hand, I really don’t mind the changes and I agree with OP, I would rather try PvP for exclusive skins than ascended pieces

No self respecting PvE’er is still on the shatterer backpack =P

On topic, has it occured to anyone else that maybe the intention wasn’t just to get PvE people into PvP but to also get PvP players into WvW and PvE by giving them easily obtainable any stat top end gear?

Nah, that’s crazy talk.

(edited by apharma.3741)

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

No self respecting PvE’er is still on the shatterer backpack =P

On topic, has it occured to anyone else that maybe the intention wasn’t just to get PvE people into PvP but to also get PvP players into WvW and PvE by giving them easily obtainable any stay top end gear?

Nah, that’s crazy talk.

Ssshhh, you are making too much sense :p

PvE Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Kreweless.2196

Kreweless.2196

The current incentive system does not provide any motivation for losing.

Correction: The current incentive system does not provide any motivation for trying.

Obviously, there are plenty of hybrid players out there. There are plenty of people trying to win. And it’s all moot now, because they nerfed the free-ascended gear in PvP for Season 6 anyways.

But Season 5 had enough players who showed up purely for the participation rewards that it ruined plenty of experiences for people who wanted to play competitively. They took an expensive and time-gated set of equipment, made it free in PvP, and didn’t even bother to require players to win to receive it. Just grind out the matches—it literally didn’t matter if you afk’d the whole thing, and you now have stat-capped armor and weapons. What did they expect?

I mean, do you really want the “Best Sportmanship” ribbon at the end of the sportsball season? No, because it makes the “We Won at the Competitive Game that Traditionally has Winners and Losers” trophy look stupid.