PvE and SPvP release differences.

in PvP

Posted by: Earthacis.3862

Earthacis.3862

I just got out of the State of the Game cast and all of the Essential features for SPvP seem so far out of reach. The worst part about it is that the team that was up there talking to us knows that the features are on their way but are not in the near future.

The problem with this is when the Anet was asked, “What can you give is that’s going to be in this patch?” The answer they gave us was… Balance changes and possibly Leader boards before or after the patch.

Both balance changes and Leader Boards are actually something that SPvP really needs which is pretty awesome.

The problem though is that if you ask what’s coming out for PvE you are going to get a huge list of all kinds of nice features and tweaks. It makes SPvP’ers feel as if they are getting the shaft.

So I was thinking maybe you could give us something to look at that shows how far along you are on certain features. Something like a live bar graph that people can look at to see how far along you are on each feature.

The benefit of a bar graph is that you can show us how far along you are with certain planned features without having to show us dates. You could even allow each one to be clicked on and show further details about the current state of whats going on with each project.

We are the players and we love stuff like this. Anything that makes us feel like are a part of what is going on.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Did PvErs pay more for the game? Why do they get 10x attention?

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Yes, they probably did actually. PvE’ers make up the vast majority of gem transactions. They keep the a-net coffers filled.

Although, it’s not really our fault that they let the game go to kitten by implementing a single money-making scheme for PvP that came too late and forced players into paying money (which few people actually did) for simple tourneys.

Honestly guys, we aren’t gonna see much at all. Think about the scale of GW2 and compare it to SPvP. We’re just a drop in the bucket. If we weren’t then we’d be ESPORTS SON

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Earthacis.3862

Honestly guys, we aren’t gonna see much at all. Think about the scale of GW2 and compare it to SPvP. We’re just a drop in the bucket. If we weren’t then we’d be ESPORTS SON

I don’t think that everything has to come out right away, but the features are definitely coming out much slower for SPvP than they are for PvE.

Games don’t just come out and are instantly an Esport. It took League of Legends years to get everything just right. I’m hoping that GW2 does not take years to get Esports going but it takes time to create the necessary features.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I agree entirely, friend. But my hopes don’t always translate into reality. Any attempts by me or any other player to suggest more focus on structured would be met with laughs by the business side of A-net.

We’ll always be second class citizens until they get their act together and actually do the kitten needed to fix the game, which isn’t gonna happen because there aren’t people playing and paying. It’s a downward spiral, but what can ya do?

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Earthacis.3862

They need to add more exclusive armor sets to the Gem shop that are available to both PvE and SPvP. They also need to add gear that can only be unlocked via SPvP. Once its unlocked in SPvP it could then be available to wear anywhere in the game. That way it gives incentive to play SPvP for some really good armor unlocks.

The RNG chest’s you can get from glory should be removed and replaced with buyable armor sets already in the game. Then it would allow people to focus on saving up glory to buy the armor sets they like. That changes the game from, “Maybe I’ll get lucky and get this item” to more of a focused, “I can save up and get the item I want!”. It adds a progression and the ability to actually SEE what you are working towards instead of having to go to a website and look for an armor set you might like then work at crafting it. They should just remove the Mystic Forge and RNG Chest’s from SPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

They need to add more exclusive armor sets to the Gem shop that are available to both PvE and SPvP. They also need to add gear that can only be unlocked via SPvP. Once its unlocked in SPvP it could then be available to wear anywhere in the game. That way it gives incentive to play SPvP for some really good armor unlocks.

The RNG chest’s you can get from glory should be removed and replaced with buyable armor sets already in the game. Then it would allow people to focus on saving up glory to buy the armor sets they like. That changes the game from, “Maybe I’ll get lucky and get this item” to more of a focused, “I can save up and get the item I want!”. It adds a progression and the ability to actually SEE what you are working towards instead of having to go to a website and look for an armor set you might like then work at crafting it. They should just remove the Mystic Forge and RNG Chest’s from SPvP.

this x10000. They COULD profit on SPVP if they allowed more things for spvpers to buy, like unique armor sets and weapons or perm finishers.

One thing that was brought up to why spvp is less likely to see unique armor and more likely to see a lot of weapons is because they have to create the art across several races and then 2 genders for reach race.

I know this has been brought up and doesnt make everyone happy, but why are there race options in spvp? Some races have obvious visual advantages (asura vs norn debate). Wouldnt an easy fix that would also increase visual advantage would be to limit the races to 1 or 2. If you brought a pve character into the spvp world it would do just like it does for the Char fractal and you would be temporarily changed race and perhaps it would give you different sliders to customize your SPVP looks.

I know this wont go over great with everyone but then it would cost less money to produce skins so you could generate more, and spvp would be more balanced. Its a win/win really.

in PvP

Earthacis.3862

One thing that was brought up to why spvp is less likely to see unique armor and more likely to see a lot of weapons is because they have to create the art across several races and then 2 genders for reach race.

I think they need to hire people for their creation of armor and weapons department. People from PvE are practically screaming for more stuff to buy in the gem shop. We want to support them. The only thing they would need to add is a glory to gems conversion. So people in SPvP can enjoy the same benefits as the people in PvE do.