PvE players in PvP ranked arenas ...

in PvP

Posted by: Berserkhan.3280

Berserkhan.3280

Hello everyone,

As far as I remember, it should be the second time I’m writing on a GW2 forum.

I’m creating this topic because I’m getting deeply tired & disappointed about the current PvP ranked matchmaking system.

I consider myself as a veteran in this beautiful game GW2 is. I’ve started to play since the very first Beta, bought the Limited Edition Box (with Rytlock statue) and was full of hope concerning PvP in general.

With HoT, I decided to practice hard (despite a full-time job IRL), with patience & humility, to get as far as possible through the new divisions & Year of the Ascension achievements.

But today, I’m wondering if all my efforts & numerous hours of playing have not been in vain.

I would like to underline this major problem I’ve encountered for months : meaning the insane amount of PvE players, who are assuming this “title” as such, who are assuming a deep lack of experience in this game-mode, and overloading PvP ranked matches nevertheless.

“What’s your point ?” will you ask me. Well my point is the fact I DO NOT understand how it is possible to mix complete beginners, almost unaware of PvP rules, basics & purposes, with veterans trying to improve & aiming for the top ranked division.

A decent tutorial has been posted some time ago right here by Associate Global Brand Manager Josh Davis :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/New-to-PvP-Start-here/first#post4767198

However, I’m facing the following situation EVERY day : meaning, I have to explain to many players that the main purpose of EVERY GW2 PvP map is to hold, then keep control of capture points as much as possible !!! (+ map’s specifics) ;
instead of roaming, fighting on the roads …

& (sad but true) camping the exit of the starting spawn point to shoot opponents with a long-range weapon (witnessed this ex. today in Battle of Kyhlo T_T)

Is it normal to be teamed up with players even unaware of such basic principles in RANKED arenas ?! I personnally do not think so …

Wouldn’t you think it would be great to first lock ranked arenas for such beginners, in order for them to get experience (at least to “Wolf” status for ex.) & all the basics they need in unranked arenas ?

Because for now, their number is statistically suppressing the few opportunities of climbing through the ranked divisions for a large majority of experienced PvP players.

I don’t consider myself as a great PvP player at all.

I’m simply a GW2 player who has chosen PvP as his main game-mode right from the game’s birth, like so many others ;
And trying to figure out how, despite his efforts & good will, he’s supposed to reach the top while being surrounded by “pick-up mates” who are not even doing the effort of learning, practicing and understanding the basic principles of PvP ;
Thus, making victory impossible in 99% of the cases.

You know, I am not someone who gives up easily, especially about IRL duties & working.
I’m even less used to complain about anything.

But today, I’m truly wondering if as a PvP player (main character : Warrior), I’m not starting to lose my time and interest in GW2 …

I want to believe this is not the case, and that a solution will be found in a very close future so as to leave GW2 PvP open to everyone …
BUT taking in account the (big) differences between players’ experience & expectations in PvP at the same time.

Best regards,

Berserkhan

(edited by Berserkhan.3280)

in PvP

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

Even in Ruby I’m constantly getting PvE players in my team. Today we told a thief to go kill Svanir and he replied “Whats Svanir?”.

Blocking Ranked Arenas until you hit at least PvP Level 20 is an absolute neccessity imo. This season has been totally destroyed by PvE’rs trying to get wings or rewards. Me and a few other friends who were Legendary last season have been unable to pass Ruby this time round simply because of aweful matchmaking into PvE teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Let people rank up in unranked, then, they can get their wings and they won’t profane the sacred house of ~esports~ with their presence.

in PvP

Posted by: Knight In Shining Armor.1708

Knight In Shining Armor.1708

Whats Svanir? Hahah had a good chuckle at that.

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

How does dumping the PvE players in unranked help in any way? They will still use the same strategies, same metabuild and will still be just as clueless as when they get out of unranked since there was no need to change strategies/learn anything.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

However… howeverrrrrrrrr. These self same pve’rs are ALSO on the enemy team, it’s not like they’re only being put on your team. So I find your argument moot. Because I too worked my way to the ranks with clueless people as well. And it is with their….errr noble sacrifice as well that I at times ascendeddddddd que divine music.

Seriously though we’ve all had teams like that, and many of us still made do or climbed thru the ranks. If you want to continue on ahead if you are stuck as that is what I am assuming since you came here to write this rhetoric. Then I advise queing with partner so as to continue your rightful climb to the top that you feel you so richly deserve. If you are at the top already then congratulations you survived the pvp hunger games. Complimentary cookie and tea are in the back.

If anything consider it as a part of your pvp training. Adapt or Die :p

(edited by Crimson Shi.5047)

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Well ‘pvp player base has grown 135%" (Josh davis quote, he removed post though). A lot of this comes from luring pve players with ’cute loot’ (aka wings).

They want to even push it further he said. That’s not gonna work by throwing off newbie accounts out of the true pvp scene. I sorta agree with op (though it will have to be set up carefully, there’s so many ways to screw up pvp in other ways with a requirement level).

I think they won’t do what op asks.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

once a time , a while back you to were a new pvp player.

The game might need a better tourturiale for pvp, some questions and test, walk abouts on the map on a live interactive map or something betwen tiers were basic tactics and stuff were informed. We do whant alot more pve players to start play spvp. because its fun and the more that play there more chance is that it will get some attention from devs