PvI - Player vs inconsistencies

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Over a year ago Anet sat down with the community and talked about possible new game modes in a Game Modes CDI.

Here we are 16 months later with an announcement of Stronghold that will initially consist of one map and new gameplay.

There are already topics discussing this horrible, unexplained example of slugginess.

What I would like to ask is: how come that during the HoT announcement Colin Johanson comes on the stage and says that guilds are going to form guild teams that will play Stronghold to fight for the top spot on guild leaderboards and then Grouch and Nightmare say something completely different during the Ready Up?

You’re either making it a feature connected to guilds with separate matchmaking, ratings, leaderboards or combining it with Conquest into one queue using the current leaderboards and MMR. In either case, someone wasn’t telling the truth.

Is this going to be the ‘fractal leaderboards’ all over again? Get your stuff together and for once decide what you want from your game. You know, like professionals do.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

how come that during the HoT announcement Colin Johanson comes on the stage and says that guilds are going to form guild teams that will play Stronghold to fight for the top spot on guild leaderboards and then Grouch and Nightmare say something completely different during the Ready Up?

It’s the same that happened at launch. They lie to sell their box.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

how come that during the HoT announcement Colin Johanson comes on the stage and says that guilds are going to form guild teams that will play Stronghold to fight for the top spot on guild leaderboards and then Grouch and Nightmare say something completely different during the Ready Up?

I don’t think it’s a lie, I guess they just changed minds due to QQ of 100 WvWers who aren’t interested in Stronghold anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

Didn’t they say they’re not sure about how much player will be allowed in stronghold as well? They mentioned about 5 up to 10 people on each side. But putting it together in one que wouldn’t only be the most kittened thing ever, it would also imply that they lied to us regarding the teamsize. If they want to add it to the current que they have already settled on 5vs5 or am i wrong? (I’m personally fine with 5vs5, just trying to add some salt).

Another point i would like to bring up is the strength of the defensive NPCs. Why would you even bother getting some archers if the NPCs can be taken down in a few seconds by a shoutbow warrior spamming autoattacks?

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Over a year ago Anet sat down with the community and talked about possible new game modes in a Game Modes CDI.

Here we are 16 months later with an announcement of Stronghold that will initially consist of one map and new gameplay.

There are already topics discussing this horrible, unexplained example of slugginess.

What I would like to ask is: how come that during the HoT announcement Colin Johanson comes on the stage and says that guilds are going to form guild teams that will play Stronghold to fight for the top spot on guild leaderboards and then Grouch and Nightmare say something completely different during the Ready Up?

You’re either making it a feature connected to guilds with separate matchmaking, ratings, leaderboards or combining it with Conquest into one queue using the current leaderboards and MMR. In either case, someone wasn’t telling the truth.

Is this going to be the ‘fractal leaderboards’ all over again? Get your stuff together and for once decide what you want from your game. You know, like professionals do.

Err….. they didn’t say there wasn’t going to be a Guild leaderboard. They just said they are going to put Stronghold in Ranked and Unranked Queues.

The presence of one, does not exclude the other.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

Didn’t they say they’re not sure about how much player will be allowed in stronghold as well? They mentioned about 5 up to 10 people on each side. But putting it together in one que wouldn’t only be the most kittened thing ever, it would also imply that they lied to us regarding the teamsize. If they want to add it to the current que they have already settled on 5vs5 or am i wrong? (I’m personally fine with 5vs5, just trying to add some salt).

Another point i would like to bring up is the strength of the defensive NPCs. Why would you even bother getting some archers if the NPCs can be taken down in a few seconds by a shoutbow warrior spamming autoattacks?

I believe they said they have tested everything from 5vs5 to 10vs10 and decided to choose 5vs5 for ranked/unranked. You can play with bigger teams in custom arenas. They’ ve also said that Nothing is set in stone yet and if the feedback they get leads to bigger teams they will do it.

in PvP

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I don’t think it’s a lie, I guess they just changed minds due to QQ of 100 WvWers who aren’t interested in Stronghold anyway.

what the kitten does WvW have to do with that? If they arent interested in it, why cry?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold