PvP Arena 4 vs 5... gg wp

in PvP

Posted by: Renzar.8312

Renzar.8312

So… besides me anyone else tired of going for a rated match and it starts off with a 4 vs 5 game? I mean cmon it’s a rated match how is it possible that this still happens?! I understand that complications happen but couldn’t there be a timeout or something that when that timeout expires a new player is added? Yeah not fair for a player that dc’s… but it’s not fair for the other 4 players on a team right? Just putting this issue out there.

in PvP

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

At the same time, since it is a rated matchup, it’s not really fair to throw a replacement player in there without the prep time that everyone else has.

There’s really no good solution, since it’s a problem with players and not with the game.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

So… besides me anyone else tired of going for a rated match and it starts off with a 4 vs 5 game? I mean cmon it’s a rated match how is it possible that this still happens?! I understand that complications happen but couldn’t there be a timeout or something that when that timeout expires a new player is added? Yeah not fair for a player that dc’s… but it’s not fair for the other 4 players on a team right? Just putting this issue out there.

Everyone is tired of 4v5s. If you have a viable solution, please post a constructive thread describing how it may be solved so that the community can have a discussion.

If you search the forum for posts on this topic that Anet has responded to, you will see that both Anet and the community have been trying to figure out how to resolve this for a very long time. There is no simple solution since this is a player-created problem. If players did not leave on purpose, or afk’d at spawn to troll their teams, a solution would be easier to come up with. There is already a dishonor debuff to prevent repeated offenses.

If you truly want to avoid being on the team with a missing person, play in teamQ with 4 people you know (e.g., guild members or friends).

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Solution: last player ready of 5th team will get sent back in the que(have priority for next match). Game will then be played as a 4v4. This might also encourage player to be rdy for matches a bit earlier instead of waiting until the last possible second.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Easy fix when the match is ready everyone has to click a ready button. Obviously if everyone doesn’t click it within 10seconds then you get put back into the mm. This is how it works in counter strike go. People queue up and alt tab/walk away and forget they queue up. Note that it’s impossible to get 100% 5v5 the point is to reduce the amount of 4v5 that occur. Too bad anet doesn’t care though

in PvP

Posted by: Absent Minded.5821

Absent Minded.5821

Easy fix when the match is ready everyone has to click a ready button. Obviously if everyone doesn’t click it within 10seconds then you get put back into the mm. This is how it works in counter strike go. People queue up and alt tab/walk away and forget they queue up. Note that it’s impossible to get 100% 5v5 the point is to reduce the amount of 4v5 that occur. Too bad anet doesn’t care though

That’s actually not a terrible idea. Would cut down que times with afkers being booted and replaced quickly. Though to say Anet doesn’t care is to ignore the ban from tPvP if you so much as lag out of a few games. What other game bans you for hours on end because you missed a few matches? There are even forum posts whining about it. If Anet did anything right, it was implementing that epic kittening Dishonored debuff. It seriously makes my heart lift a little every time I see one of them running around HoTM

in PvP

Posted by: lazycalm.5186

lazycalm.5186

I don’t know how in earth they haven’t implemented a penalty for players who leave yet

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

There are so many easy ways to fix this. But ANet just doesn’t give a flying kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

At this point I would rather just be given the option to without penalty exit the match and reenter the match making, probably too likely as that option would get abused. But what option would not at some point.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in PvP

Posted by: ilcane.3081

ilcane.3081

It would be easy enough to do what they did in LoL: when the match is ready, but before getting into it, all participants have a short time to click a Ready button.
The match only starts if everyone clicked it, otherwise it’s back to the queue for those who did click it, and the ones who didn’t are out.

In addition, just put a simple notifier that lets people know the Ready dialog has popped up even if they are alt-tabbed, like a blinking icon and a sound.

It’s baffling that such simple features haven’t been implemented in nearly two years.

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

the problem is not the player leaving ofc people some time have emergencies, but there should be some handiacp system kicking in like get more points for capps , or mor epoints for kills, the main problem is STARTING THE GAM EWITH 4 VS 5, there should be a ready option 30 seconds or 20 seconds before start , if you dont press then no game .starts the countdown again .
starting a ranked game with 4 vs 5 should never ever happen .

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

GW2 is the only pvp game I’ve played that has a ready button after you get into the match instead of before lol.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Simple solution: FORCE PLAYER TO TELEPORT TO PVP MATCH MAP when he gets invitation to pvp match. DO NOT GIVE TIME TO teleport to pvp map.

In addition, why player is punished for not playing in 4man team when sb left? /resign option is very much needed

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

(edited by Urejt.5648)

in PvP

Posted by: karakurt.8690

karakurt.8690

I don’t know how in earth they haven’t implemented a penalty for players who leave yet

Totally agree and today is the day as anothers that I got used to,so we started 4 vs 5 and another player left middle of fight then we are 3 vs 5 in rated! arena and I just feel soo awesome(!) I said hell yeah! so epic.
I wanna have this kind of experiences in rated arena pvp.Everyday I woke up I pray Dwayna about this : “Please anet give us change to have 1 vs 5 in rated arenas so I can have fascinating experiences as a ‘death’ hero”

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

#eSport.

Yeah, this could and should have been fixed ages ago, but living story and new minis are obviously far more important… I posted a good constructive post/thread about this about a month ago. My thread got merged with another 4v5 thread and lost within. I gave up after that.

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Everyone is tired of 4v5s. If you have a viable solution, please post a constructive thread describing how it may be solved so that the community can have a discussion.

If you search the forum for posts on this topic that Anet has responded to, you will see that both Anet and the community have been trying to figure out how to resolve this for a very long time. There is no simple solution since this is a player-created problem. If players did not leave on purpose, or afk’d at spawn to troll their teams, a solution would be easier to come up with. There is already a dishonor debuff to prevent repeated offenses.

If you truly want to avoid being on the team with a missing person, play in teamQ with 4 people you know (e.g., guild members or friends).

This isn’t a player created problem, it is a design problem. All, and I mean all other MMO’s or PvP games have a system that requires every single player to do a ready check before the match starts. If someone fail to click ready they get kicked out of queue and the rest go back into queue. Heck, even Wildstar had this implemented at launch! Just copy the system from wow and they’re done. But no, they “have now clue on how to fix this”.

I wrote a long, constructive and well formatted and titled post about this. That post got merged with another thread and ignored.

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

2 years of 4v5 conquest #celebration #esports #TOL

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -