PvP Ascended Farming Bad Idea

in PvP

Posted by: RONIN.9162

RONIN.9162

Heya People

Ok here is the thing. Ascended as a reward in Ranked is really a bad idea.
Reason: Way too many PVE players just come there to farm ascended without care about actual pvp which ruins the fun and competitive aspect of ranked for the rest of us.
No matter how good you are you simply can’t carry 3 people from your team that just don’t care about it because they will get their ascended even if they lose every single match thru all season.
Ranked atm is just not fun and most of the time people just get angry and decide not to play.
Atleast you guys should have made those reward Pips for wins only that way they would atleast try to win.
When you confront those PVE farmers you won’t get anywhere because they just don’t care and most common response that you will get is ‘’ it is just a game ’’ or ‘’i don’t care ‘’ that is if you don’t get full wagon of insults.
They just don’t care how pvp part of the community feels!

Solution :
1.Make those rewards to award pips for wins only and loss to take pips away like you did in previous season.
2. Make Fractals and Raid only thru Random Queue so that PvP players can go there and mess up their pve part of the game and that way they will learn how other people feel when they come to PVP mess up ranked . This is drastic solution but they need to learn once and for all

in PvP

Posted by: Deathok.2914

Deathok.2914

Tbh how does that bother ppl so much you only get teamed up with ppl who are in your mmr range and if you constantly get teamed up against those pve ‘noobs’ then it is maybe cause you’re just as good as they are
No offense tho.
I mean I ofc had some matches with way worse players than me but it’s just at morning ques and it’s not the majority of the matches

Toreno #16

in PvP

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Heya People

Reason: Way too many PVE players just come there to farm ascended without care about actual pvp which ruins the fun and competitive aspect of ranked for the rest of us.
No matter how good you are you simply can’t carry 3 people from your team that just don’t care about it because they will get their ascended even if they lose every single match thru all season.
Ranked atm is just not fun and most of the time people just get angry and decide not to play.
Atleast you guys should have made those reward Pips for wins only that way they would atleast try to win.
When you confront those PVE farmers you won’t get anywhere because they just don’t care and most common response that you will get is ‘’ it is just a game ’’ or ‘’i don’t care ‘’ that is if you don’t get full wagon of insults.

Solution :
1.Make those rewards to award pips for wins only and loss to take pips away like you did in previous season.
2. Make Fractals and Raid only thru Random Queue so that PvP players can go there and mess up their pve part of the game and that way they will learn how other people feel when they come to PVP mess up ranked . This is drastic solution but they need to learn once and for all

I am not seeing this. However you do sound angry so are you sure it’s not you who gets angry and just stops trying in the match?

As for the raids/fractals comment that just goes to show the type of person you are. Seriously you want to go and “troll” other people simply because you get team mates that are not professional players? Maybe try to give tips or advice to these players in a constructive way instead of yelling and shouting at them and then maybe, just maybe they may improve some.

Oh and btw, if your team is always getting the lousy players there is also a very good chance so are your enemy teams. So those times you are kicking backside and winning. Maybe just maybe you are not as good as you think you are and perhaps you were facing these same noob players and actually benefited from it. Crazy concept I know but it is possible!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’ve had one guy all season afk because he didn’t like sky hammer, I told him what I thought of him and blocked the scum.

But all in all I’ve not had a problem.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Ascended rewards draw in both pvers and wvwers that normally wouldn’t try pvp. I don’t see why this is a bad thing. If they like it they’ll stick around, if they don’t they’ll soon drop to bronze division afk farming it with the rest of the trolls and you also won’t see em anymore.

I played quite a few games already and had to slog through much of silver division even tho I won my placement games 7-3 (guess my mmr pre season was just terrible) and I haven’t seen many griefers/afkers at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

Honestly due to this broken system, the only reason i still play PvP is for the gear.

Remove the gear and you are gonna have barely anyone in PvP specially with this current system.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Heya People

Solution :

I agree, it’s a TERRIBLE idea. ANet made this mistake TWICE now. First it was the backpack, now it’s ascended gear.

When you do that, it just shows a lack of confidence in PvP as a whole and a bad incentive. You entice them. You bring PvE players here for the wrong reasons. PvE players are not given a reason to play and learn PvP, they are given a reason to farm. PvE players need an incentive to play PvP not rewards! We HAVE rewards. 30 silver a match, reward track, dailies. PvP needs to focus on PvP not PvE. PvE players will come. They always have.

Think of this. If PvP players went over to PvE and convinced ANet to change it to openworld PvP, the PvE community would be lit on FIRE!

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

I like that idea. LFG in raids can be so specific about what they want, its hard to get in to a raids. Maybe allow people the option to buy a custom raid like they can a custom arena then they can be as specific as they like. I’d like the idea of a random queue, might not be as fast as a meta team but would give players a chance to get into it. Maybe allow hotjoins to raids that were queued for if a player leaves.

in PvP

RONIN.9162

For those people who said ‘’ If you are in that division that means you are not as good as you think’’
I know how good i am ( i am not great) but i am not nearly as bad as the teams i get.
Yea it was great for people that had the time to start their placement matches when all pvpers started. After that you wont be able to hit higher division with your placement matches then bronze and silver because of those farmers getting the info that ascended is in the play and they all flock in pvp.
So after you get in silver and bronze good luck getting out of it. It is mostly 1 win 1 loss. The amount of not caring and not reading chat and just runing around fighting off points is soo big that you will lose your mind . So yea if u got stuck in silver or bronze 1 win 1 loss and slowly climb if you can handle that amount of bad playing . I had 800.000 dmg and 23 kills in a match defending a point solo other 2 points where lost ofc any my team was dying on mid or just died off points and yea we lost.

@People saying give a constructive opinions and advices or w/e…… I tried sooo many times all you get is ’’kitten’’ if you even get a response…… they just don’t care.
@ At the person saying i am a bad person for wishing that raids where random queue and all that.
Well they need to learn somehow that what they do all the time is just messing with other people fun and ranks and stuff . So yea if we gave them a taste of their own medicine they would learn …. not this way reward them for losing and messing up ranked….. GJ

in PvP

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

They messed this up pretty badly imho. You only Need ascended for pve yet right now semi afking in ranked is by far the best way to get ascended stuff raids have a 150 shard cap per week and you still are expected to pay quite a few Gold, and don’t get me started in the prices in fractals… i am on the exact opposide side of op, but pvp should Not be the primary Source of your pve gear.

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Ioras Dagnir.3927

Ioras Dagnir.3927

progression for ascended should be through wins only at the very least, no one wants uncaring unmotivated pve players clogging up ranked. the pvp population might be up but there is no incentive for them to learn the game mode and even put in any effort to win. its not about learning to carry or being in a division where players belong, everyone deserves competent/competitive teammates in ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Ok i said yesterday if had one guy, this morning out of 5 match 4 had afkers. 3 on my team and one on the other.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: DiegoChiyuki.6041

DiegoChiyuki.6041

I’m already tired, now I’m going to pvp to farm.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

it´s not a mistake to put it in but it´s a huge mistake to give it progress for losses :-(.
Another mistake is to force people to play certain classes for rewards in ranked ….

in PvP

Posted by: BloodriverTim.2031

BloodriverTim.2031

Tbh how does that bother ppl so much you only get teamed up with ppl who are in your mmr range and if you constantly get teamed up against those pve ‘noobs’ then it is maybe cause you’re just as good as they are
No offense tho.
I mean I ofc had some matches with way worse players than me but it’s just at morning ques and it’s not the majority of the matches

Devil’s advocate here. If you start the season without ever playing ranked, your mmr would be average. It is very possible to get bad teams in the 10 most important games, placements, and then spiral down into oblivion. There are tons of examples here on the boards about people being on teams with kids who run 4 home at the start of the match, then run 1v5 mid and die endlessly. These games are literally impossible to win. It is very possible to get stuck in this with the fact that anet has bugged mmr gain loss algorithms, insofar that people are reporting losing twice what they gain loss to win. if you get stuck in a league where this is common, even if you are able to carry two games in three, there is still no advancement.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I don’t do raids and Im only just getting into fractals ( I pvp/wvw) so getting Ascended gear in pvp is awesome for me. I do think they could change the rewards and skew it more towards winning and get less for losing.

Also make some kind of system that rewards you or you lose less if you get a close result. Like losing team gets at least 450 score.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: lokh.2695

lokh.2695

I’m also not supporting PvE rewards for PvP content.

But on the other hand, what would be PvP rewards anyway? Decorations for your GH? A fancy title or a tag next to your nameplate?

Having this sort of rewards would make perfectly sense for WvW, but hardly makes any sense for PvP. Yes I get that it’s ought to pull new blood into PvP, and maybe it even works like this. But handing out ascended gear, all the gear, all the stas, everything, for mere participation will lead to lots of players clogging up the season who don’t really care for the game mode. If you only got pips on victory, this wouold be a different story…

We’ve had this once already, when the PvE AP-hunters invaded WvW during the first and second WvW season. Lot’s of AP were to be had along with fancy skins(still not in the game now 2 or 3 years later) and some gold. No one was giving a kitten about the WvW community and how the game was played, ppl just filled up the borderlands to grind out achis.

+ : Keyrings, Underwater-Combat, Build Templates
- : Mounts, ViP-Player systems, HoT-like Xpacs
Have a nice day.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

SO I am just getting back into PvP after a looong pvp hiatus. I hear people talk abotu farming ascended gear in PvP…how does one do that?

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: commander.1374

commander.1374

I agree; it’s a discussion I’ve had with quite a few people before (and I’m sure quite a lot of not-only-PvP-players will be upset about that), but ascended in PvP serves no purpose; sure, it’s a new skin and an extra reward, but PvP doesn’t use armor stats.
PvE does, and you have a lot of way to get it there.
WvW does, but you don’t have any way to get it there; so why wouldn’t they add a way to get ascended in WvW instead (where it would be useful) instead of PvP (where it doesn’t have any purpose).

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

This is something that was needed for wvw, not pvp. I don’t really get the logic behind it. On one hand I like the fact i can gear up for wvw and not have to pve for it. On the other hand, its frustrating getting pve farmers who don’t have a clue at all how to play, or will just afk. After a certain point when you rank up though, you stop getting those people since they drop below, until then though it’s a horrible experience.

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

What if Ascended Shards of Glory were made available in Unranked? Set number of shards at the end of reward tracks? Rank up chest? Small number awarded if you win a match?
Would give PvE farmers less of a reason to play ranked.

in PvP

RONIN.9162

What if Ascended Shards of Glory were not available in sPVP at all ? Since it is not needed for sPVP to begin with? Crazy idea right?

Anyway this ranked season is soo frustrating that its going to push me away from PVP. Since i don’t do pve i have 2 choices :
1. Switch to WvW
2. Quit the game (find some other game to kill ppl in)
So atm im gonna start preparing for WvW (see ya in borderlands )