PvP Changes Suggestion for Season 6 (Yes Six)

in PvP

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

I’m sure that Season 5 changes are already decided so i’m making a suggestion for Season 6.

Changes below are aimed to improve the current PvP Ranked Games.

1.Division Demote: Every division except ‘Amber’ & ‘Emerald’ should feature a demote – where you can drop to your previous division if you loose 3 matches at the beginning of top tier divisions – Sapphire,Ruby,Diamond,Legend – Trolls,afk players and other type of unskilled and bad mannered players shouldn’t have a safeguard to keep them in top divisions once they get carried to top tiers.No one should be safe to troll and ruin games for others.

2.Class Mastery: Top Tier Division (Ruby,Diamond,Legend) promotion should require you the 5 difference classes wins (like the achievement but this should be bound with progression bar) – Unacceptable to have players in diamond,legend who play single class and cannot re-roll when team needs it for the optimal team composition.

3.Pre-made division restriction: Pre-made teams should not be able to form party with 1 division difference – amber cannot party sapphire and so on – Playing with sapphire in diamond,legend is just not right.Skill/build/meta/class gap is way too high or different comapared to low tiers – those people will have to walk the way from bottom to top and master their skills instead of poping up here and there at top tier matches where they do not belong.
If people want to play with their friends go play unranked and help your low tier friends master pvp so they can climb the ladders like rest of us instead of carring them to games they cannot handle just to ruin the for the team and the enemy team.

4. NO Mono-Class Teams in Ranked : Ranked games to get the tournament feature which allow only 2 of same classes per team (2 eles per team for example).

5. Chat bubbles for /t (teamchat) – for easier communication inside the visual noise fights and help with players who don’t offten check the chat. (could be made as game option to enable/disable)

6. Separate Team Queue – It is unacceptebale that full pr 4/3 pre-mades getting matched against full random daily players after 4 years of Guild Wars 2 PvP existance and this need to change where pre-mades have their own separate Que and never get matched with random teams.

(edited by Luna.9640)

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

1. Agree

2.Problem with game system (not possible to implement or there is limitation to programming it same with class stacking ) system cant see what player has when ingame on map and the issue is he can still swap to wrong class.

3.Again big problem from game system to program it there are really problems and limitations or we already had that system in place.Same as the second thing you mentioned.

Rather worried about lately the limitations we have on gw2 game engine and how limited are the options.

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

(edited by Sismis.5390)

in PvP

Luna.9640

1. Agree

2.Problem with game system (not possible to implement or there is limitation to programming it same with class stacking ) system cant see what player has when ingame on map and the issue is he can still swap to wrong class.

3.Again big problem from game system to program it there are really problems and limitations or we already had that system in place.Same as the second thing you mentioned.

Rather worried about lately the limitations we have on gw2 game engine and how limited are the options.

2 and 3 can be solved really easy – create class selection screen like the one many other games have where people can choose class and even map before logging the match.

It will be even simplier because for example MOBAs have 100+ characters you can choose from where Guild Wars 2 have 9 classes right now and getting 1 new class each exmapnsion wont even go close to what other games have.

Overwatch do not have many classes but they do not have all those issues we have.

Really no problem here since every other competitive game that have ‘player vs player’ modes have this very simple feature.

(edited by Luna.9640)

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

1. Agree

2 and 3 can be solved really easy – create class selection screen like the one many other games have where people can choose class and even map before logging the match.

It will be even simplier because for example MOBAs have 100+ characters you can choose from where Guild Wars 2 have 9 classes right now and getting 1 new class each exmapnsion wont even go close to what other games have.

Overwatch do not have many classes but they do not have all those issues we have.

Really no problem here since every other competitive game that have ‘player vs player’ modes have this very simple feature.

1. 2 wouldn’t help anything, and would cause more issues than not, plus if Amet implemented no class stacking and better class balance it wouldn’t be an issue, but forcing people to play classes they don’t like or don’t want to play doesn’t solve anything and would kitten people off more than anything.

in PvP

Luna.9640

1. Agree

1. 2 wouldn’t help anything, and would cause more issues than not, plus if Amet implemented no class stacking and better class balance it wouldn’t be an issue, but forcing people to play classes they don’t like or don’t want to play doesn’t solve anything and would kitten people off more than anything.

Thx for reminding me that i missed 1 last #4. will edit my main post.

1. Enforce tournament rules where each team can have 2 of the same class.

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

2. Class Mastery – One should not be forced into picking a class they are inexperienced with. Forcing this causes more harm than good. I rather have a team of experienced players rather than a team of inexperienced ones playing a class because it’s good composition.

This is an issue for Solo-Queue, not so much when you are in a group and have complete control over your choices. Plus, there is not only ONE way to play a single class.

This actually discourages good gameplay and invokes a more careless one. Heck, it discouraged me from doing Ascension achievements… I rather not play ranked with a class I’m not experienced with and I don’t recommend others to practice classes in ranked either.

in PvP

Luna.9640

2. Class Mastery – One should not be forced into picking a class they are inexperienced with. Forcing this causes more harm than good. I rather have a team of experienced players rather than a team of inexperienced ones playing a class because it’s good composition.

This is an issue for Solo-Queue, not so much when you are in a group and have complete control over your choices. Plus, there is not only ONE way to play a single class.

This actually discourages good gameplay and invokes a more careless one. Heck, it discouraged me from doing Ascension achievements… I rather not play ranked with a class I’m not experienced with and I don’t recommend others to practice classes in ranked either.

Or you know you can have few squishy classes in your team in heavy bunker meta which cannot get into the point let alone cap+hold it.

Or you can have couple of support build classes during a heavy dps meta where they cant even support themselves let alone support the team.

In both scenarios – you loose.

On the other hand if you encourage people to play RANKED games when they can actually be flexible and swich multiple classes you will:

1. Have more variet and interesting games.
2. Better teammates that understad the game and classes they own and face better.
3. Overwall better game quality which will promote having more tournament ready teams that want to compete in Guild Wars 2 Tournaments. (currently the gap between Tournaments Pro. Teams and Ranked Teams is like few Light Years)

I fully support LordHealseth (even tho I’m not much of an elitist like people call him and other pro. players) about his suggestion that PRESTIGIOUS ITEMS (like TheAscension backpack) from PVP should be hard to earn and require you to be trully legendary and not “I cannot re-roll coz I’m exp. with single class” type of player.

(edited by Luna.9640)

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Or you know you can have few squishy classes in your team in heavy bunker meta which cannot get into the point let alone cap+hold it.

Or you can have couple of support build classes during a heavy dps meta where they cant even support themselves let alone support the team.

On the other hand if you encourage people to play RANKED games when they can actually be flexible and swich multiple classes you will:

2. Better teammates that understad the game and classes they own and face better.
3. Overwall better game quality which will promote having more tournament ready teams that want to compete in Guild Wars 2 Tournaments. (currently the gap between Tournaments Pro. Teams and Ranked Teams is like few Light Years)

I fully support LordHealseth (even tho I’m not much of an elitist like people call him and other pro. players) about his suggestion that PRESTIGIOUS ITEMS (like TheAscension backpack) from PVP should be hard to earn and require you to be trully legendary and not “I cannot re-roll coz I’m exp. with single class” type of player.

Again, those are mostly solo-queue issues that were heightened issues because people were forced to play multiple classes for a “legendary”. Organized teams/Pro teams don’t have this issue.

And yeah, I get it…if there is a legendary reward, it should be somewhat hard to get…but what’s so “legendary” about playing a class you aren’t familiar with? People should be rewarded for what they are good at not be rewarded for something they are inexperienced with.

This can be resolved in another way: “Win X ranked games WITH an Engineer”, “Win X ranked games WITH an Elementalist”, “Win X ranked games WITH a Revenant”, etc. That would encourage more variety in team composition than just forcing someone to play another class.

in PvP

Luna.9640

Again, those are mostly solo-queue issues that were heightened issues because people were forced to play multiple classes for a “legendary”. Organized teams/Pro teams don’t have this issue.

And yeah, I get it…if there is a legendary reward, it should be somewhat hard to get…but what’s so “legendary” about playing a class you aren’t familiar with? People should be rewarded for what they are good at not be rewarded for something they are inexperienced with.

This can be resolved in another way: “Win X ranked games WITH an Engineer”, “Win X ranked games WITH an Elementalist”, “Win X ranked games WITH a Revenant”, etc. That would encourage more variety in team composition than just forcing someone to play another class.

You should get familiar with few classes if you’re going to play RANKED.

If you want to be mono-class player play unranked.

Really simple – be competitive or be more relaxed.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

You can be competitive while still running one class, you are more marketable if you can play multiple classes well, but if you want to be competitive in gw2 PvP then you should only play ranked if you have a team and only play Unranked if you solo queue, see how that argument goes.

You can’t claim to be competitive in a game that allows class stacking, that has horrible balancing that favors passive gameplay and low skill floor classes, in a game mode that has safety nets at every level of play so you can never actually lose and reflect where you should be and forces you into a bottleneck.

The easiest way to provide a semblance of balance is to get rid of class stacking, and not allow class swapping once match starts. But that will never happen because of people complaining about queue times since the Player base is so tiny.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Lol you don’t walk up to the best sniper in counter strike and go you are not good because you cannot use a sub machine gun.

flawed logic here. even if this is a mmo, the idea is the same. I could be the best at support, but because I cannot play damage, by your logic I am not allowed to play ranked. lol

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

You know that people can actually know other classes without actually being good at them. Roll the class, plug in the meta build. Spend some time with NPC and beast/lord in HoTM. And you can quickly get an idea of the cooldowns and combos. Even a few unranked matches. That is enough to get an idea for its strength and weaknesses. No need to run them in ranked, especially if you dont like the classes.

They could be Diamond/Legend level on their main class and barely sapphire on others. Does that mean they are not allowed to play?

Most people play games for “fun” and so forcing them to play a class they dont enjoy or care about is not a good strategy.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

1. Agree
2. Totally disagree. Gw2 is the only MMO where you have to change profession to be competitive. Before the begining of the match you jave to adapt your build and discuss team strategy but not swap class. I dislike this idea. I prefer players who master perfectly one classe than players whos knows approximatively 3.
3. Agree
4. Nice idea but 1 professions per team not more and you can’t switch!
With 2 and 4, Anet will realize each season which professions are useless (maybe what builds) and what are op.
Actually i m forced to sWitch when there we are 3 of the same profession and this is teamaking algorithm problem

in PvP

Luna.9640

Good example that sums current PvP Season:

http://i.imgur.com/tVizF2E.png

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I play about 3 classes so I can usually reroll if needed, but I’d still argue point 2. I’d rather have people play their preferred class then play one they’re not as skilled at. You assume a certain set strategy for maps but teams can often adapt their play style depending on their composition. Being fixed to a certain map strategy is just as limiting as being fixed to a certain class.

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

I’m sure that Season 5 changes are already decided so i’m making a suggestion for Season 6.

2.Class Mastery: Top Tier Division (Ruby,Diamond,Legend) promotion should require you the 5 difference classes wins (like the achievement but this should be bound with progression bar) – Unacceptable to have players in diamond,legend who play single class and cannot re-roll when team needs it for the optimal team composition.

2. That’s a horrible idea. The way this game is played, even when classes have counters, things such as movement, map layout, and having a good timing with skills have such a huge effect on gameplay that wanting people to change classes to create an ideal team is not a good idea. Basically, counters and team comp are not so extreme that they are an “I win” rather a decent advantage.

I’m not going to address the others. The pvp system we have is pretty good dude. If you can’t make your way to whatever tier you think you should be in then you probably are not as good as you think.

in PvP

Luna.9640

2. That’s a horrible idea. The way this game is played, even when classes have counters, things such as movement, map layout, and having a good timing with skills have such a huge effect on gameplay that wanting people to change classes to create an ideal team is not a good idea. Basically, counters and team comp are not so extreme that they are an “I win” rather a decent advantage.

I’m not going to address the others. The pvp system we have is pretty good dude. If you can’t make your way to whatever tier you think you should be in then you probably are not as good as you think.

Thats the thing – I’m quite good and not with a single class but 3 the least.

I make it to top tiers every season without even trying much.

The thing is the current pvp system is “toxic wasteland” and not good as you said.

We have bad players,unskilled players and abusers of flawed pvp system all the tim right now.

This need to change – specially for top tiers which are meant for best pVp players not some random dude who got carried whole season and have single class which cripples every team he joins specially when he is a double or triple.

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

1.Division Demote: Every division except ‘Amber’ & ‘Emerald’ should feature a demote – where you can drop to your previous division if you loose 3 matches at the beginning of top tier divisions – Sapphire,Ruby,Diamond,Legend – Trolls,afk players and other type of unskilled and bad mannered players shouldn’t have a safeguard to keep them in top divisions once they get carried to top tiers.No one should be safe to troll and ruin games for others.

3.Pre-made division restriction: Pre-made teams should not be able to form party with 1 division difference – amber cannot party sapphire and so on – Playing with sapphire in diamond,legend is just not right.Skill/build/meta/class gap is way too high or different comapared to low tiers – those people will have to walk the way from bottom to top and master their skills instead of poping up here and there at top tier matches where they do not belong.
If people want to play with their friends go play unranked and help your low tier friends master pvp so they can climb the ladders like rest of us instead of carring them to games they cannot handle just to ruin the for the team and the enemy team.

4. NO Mono-Class Teams in Ranked : Ranked games to get the tournament feature which allow only 2 of same classes per team (2 eles per team for example).

1 – Agree – but would extend to include Emerald

2 – Disagree – I’m not opposed to class mastery per se, but it should not be attached to seasonal achievements. Majority of players excel at one class. Being competent does not win matches and I think “mastery” should encourage excellent in competition not mediocrity.

3 – Agree

4 – Agree – however increased build diversity, better balance and addition of classes will all help achieve same outcome.

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Luna.9640

1 – Agree – but would extend to include Emerald

2 – Disagree – I’m not opposed to class mastery per se, but it should not be attached to seasonal achievements. Majority of players excel at one class. Being competent does not win matches and I think “mastery” should encourage excellent in competition not mediocrity.

3 – Agree

4 – Agree – however increased build diversity, better balance and addition of classes will all help achieve same outcome.

I have a lot more suggestions how to improve the current dying PvP system but I see no will from developers to actually work towards those.

Other Games have all those and they work.

in PvP

Luna.9640

Adding Another suggestion

5. Chat bubbles for /t (teamchat) – for easier communication inside the visual noise fights and help with players who don’t offten check the chat.

in PvP

Luna.9640

6. Separate Team Que – It is unacceptebale that full pr 4/3 pre-mades getting matched against full random daily players after 4 years of Guild Wars 2 PvP existance and this need to change where pre-mades have their own separate Que and never get matched with random teams.

Matches with hotjoin teams matched against pre-made organised teams with voice-comms and laid down tactics is just 1 sided stomp and not pleasent for neigter of the sides.

Attachments:

(edited by Luna.9640)