PvP Concern

PvP Concern

in PvP

Posted by: wewod.6834

wewod.6834

Alright so I’d like to start by saying that I’ve dabbled a bit in player versus player, nothing too hard core so far though. That being said I really do enjoy the PvP, however, my concern is that every time I log on and want to play some PvP I just can’t bring myself to do it. The problem for me is that I don’t see a correlation between PvP and the rest of the game. By that specifically I don’t really earn money or rewards or armor or anything really from PvP save a few titles. I love to play PvP but I love to get new armor and progress more. Some people argue that WvW is a substitute for that but it just doesn’t feel the same for me. Is it impossible to have similar tokens in PvP to unlock special skins outside of PvP or something along those lines? Presently I have no motive to play PvP but I really want to. Is it possible in the future Anet may make changes to this? Or should I abandon all hope of this idea coming to fruition? Thanks.

GW 2 IS AWESOME.

PvP Concern

in PvP

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

You do get armor rewards, nearly every piece you can get in PvE outside of lengendaries… The armor is only wearable in PvP, but if all you do is PvP who cares.

~Shadowkat

PvP Concern

in PvP

Posted by: NordicNinja.5476

NordicNinja.5476

Devs have mentioned plans of doing exactly what you’re talking about in an attempt to get more PvE minded people to try PvP. They’ve already made it possible for you to acquire Laurels in PvP for example.

But the dedicated PvPers have a lot of things they would like addressed before such things take place. Even features that were advertised before the games launch aren’t it yet. =\

Hopefully they one day do this, but I personally hope they address the issues that are preventing this great game from becoming a truly competitive experience first.

DPS Event Coordinator & Tools Developer
- Bear Cav

PvP Concern

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

then u don’t enjoy pvp enough to play it without pve rewards. i enjoy pvp enough to not care about pve rewards. just pwning ppl and losing to them is enough of an adrenaline rush for me.

if the game isn’t able to provide you that enjoyment from solely pvping, then the game needs to improve its core pvp….not tack on rewards for ppl to grind

look at counter-strike. no rewards. still fun still popular