PvP = Ego Wars

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Chanra.3561

Chanra.3561

Since the mega server there has been a huge increase of egotistic people in the matches. I used to be able to go 10-20 games without someone telling someone they suck at the game or to “QQ”. Since this update ……Every kittenING GAME!

If you don’t have something nice to say…..Keep you kittening mouth shut.

If you want to hurt people’s feelings just to make yourself feel good. kitten off back to Call of Duty.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. The people complaining the most usually are also the worst player on the team.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Since the mega server there has been a huge increase of egotistic people in the matches. I used to be able to go 10-20 games without someone telling someone they suck at the game or to “QQ”. Since this update ……Every kittenING GAME!

If you want to hurt people’s feelings just to make yourself feel good. kitten off back to Call of Duty.

Just as you are entitled to run around playing in whatever manner you like even though it may cause your team to lose so are other people entitled to tell you that you’re doing this. I’m so tired of these threads.

If it upsets you this much then perhaps it’s you that should be playing another game.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Horatius.8479

Horatius.8479

Don’t let it get to you, as stated, many are most likely having a bad day and take it out on fellow gamers. I will never understand the comments, 90% of the time is when you are winning and squishing people. Same in any game. Laugh and move on.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Don’t you know it isn’t enough to just win? I have to let people know that they are worse than me in all manner of existence. That’s what all the real winners do.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I’m assuming this happens more on NA servers. Yes many people have huge egos but that is mostly due to lack of a real competition.
I could write 1000 words about sociological and psychological stuff why but I won’t. The conclusion is that proper ladder format and seasons will fix most of ego stuff, at least in rated arenas.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

I could write 1000 words about sociological and psychological stuff why but I won’t. The conclusion is that proper ladder format and seasons will fix most of ego stuff, at least in rated arenas.

It’s sorta adorable that you think if they release proper ladders all the egos will magically disappear.

Wrong, but adorable.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Don’t you know it isn’t enough to just win? I have to let people know that they are worse than me in all manner of existence. That’s what all the real winners do.

This +1.

Before stomping I always say ‘’So bad’’ or ‘’Get rekt’’ but when I get rupted while stomping is not cool though, huge fail.

(edited by a t s e.9614)

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Killing someone playing cheesey specs always earns a special statement.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

That’s the best part of it all,they think theyre the best of the team,yet usually its these ones that completely suck at everything they try.They try to make themselves feel better by smacktalking others,theyre trying to delude themselves into believing it’s not their own fault for messing up the game,so hence…lets blame it on someone else instead.
Just..ignore it,it actually made me laugh most of the time since i realized that 9 out of 10 times its them that are completely incompetent.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

The worst day for me was a perma stealth D/D Thief telling me:
“lol u suxx.” When he’d backstab me with his teammate taking all the flak. /sigh

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

I like to smack.talk. and i like it when people smack talk me when i ride lightning off skyhammer

Its pvp you gatta be.in the pvp mind set. U beat them in the game now.kick there kitten with witty remarks, a good pvp match has both side talking u hate dead.matches

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

I like to smack.talk. and i like it when people smack talk me when i ride lightning off skyhammer

Its pvp you gatta be.in the pvp mind set. U beat them in the game now.kick there kitten with witty remarks, a good pvp match has both side talking u hate dead.matches

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of competitive talk.But like the guy above you said..Being ganked by 2 players for one of them to be saying Nub and l2p Nub,or Omg you Suxz kinda things is what makes me believe im playing with 12 y olds.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

“Its not bragging if you earned it”
-Asura-

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Spoken like someone not playing to win.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Spoken like someone not playing to win.

Spoken like someone who feels PvP is a kittenty gametype which caters to unskilled play….specially this meta

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Welcome to Gw2 PvP!

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

What’s equally funny is the group of people who expect pvp to be a prim and proper fencing match between gentlemen. “Tally ho, good chap. That was a brilliant kill” “Pip pip good man!!”

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

Totally going to start using this line in pvp.

“Tally ho, good chap. That was a brilliant kill” “Pip pip good man!!”

There is nothing wrong with wanting people to be nice to each other.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Beleth.8249

Beleth.8249

When I was a noob I took it like a man.
My bottom hurt for only 1 sec, then it’s back to pvp.

And then mysteriously, one day, I stopped getting ‘advice’ from team mates.

12/5/14 Legendary

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

I think you just see more of it now because its such a bad meta so its easy for some jerk to play a cheese build, get a kill, and run their mouth. I’ve noticed way more “blowout” matches since this patch too which don’t help. But that’s just gw2 PvP. If your stubborn and want to press on with minimal name calling roll one of the golden classes, Google a build that exploits the current meta, and equip some strength runes.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Vatt.4695

Vatt.4695

How to not be angry when are you under attack by 4 ppl?

return to real life.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Lol. What I hate is when people 3 v 1 or 4 v 1 you then call you a noob. It’s like really? I want to see how you do in that situation. kkthxbai.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

To be fair, a lot of the kitten comes from a moment of weakness. When someone is frustrated with the way things are going, having that obnoxious guy yelling at you is the straw that breaks the camels back.

If you randomly walk up to people IRL and say they suck at PVP, they’ll just laugh at you. Context is important here.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

Lol. What I hate is when people 3 v 1 or 4 v 1 you then call you a noob. It’s like really? I want to see how you do in that situation. kkthxbai.

They would simply reply with instructions on how to properly defeat 4 players offc ;d

PvP = Ego Wars

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

The worst day for me was a perma stealth D/D Thief telling me:
“lol u suxx.” When he’d backstab me with his teammate taking all the flak. /sigh

That’s really not what ‘perma’ means. D/D has to come out of stealth regularly, since their primary method of entering it involves hitting someone. Thief might’ve had high stealth uptime, sure, but it definitely wasn’t permanent.

Perma stealth: the new perma-cc.