PvP Environemnt

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

I have been seeing waaaay more raging in PvP than I used to. I guess partially because of the influx of new players. I personally have gotten fed up with the verbal abuse being directed towards new players. I am starting to report anyone who verbally abuses another player and I suggest others do the same.

Rather than calling people noobs, telling them to play more hotjoin, or go back to pve. Give them advice, be nice, make the PvP environment helpful and friendly. In the end this will pay off by bringing in more players that will eventually be decent and not losing current players. If you know some one is new, ask them if they are using a metabuild and if they are not direct them to it. Remember that pasting links into guild wars is useless, give them search terms that can be remembered.

PLEASE HELP MAKE THE PVP ENVIRONMENT ENJOYABLE FOR ALL.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well, i think what you said here, goes both ways.

i believe many fellow sPvP players encountered many “toxic PvE” players that refused to accept any advice given politely.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

someone.7485

This does not justify any negative actions from the PvP community. Be polite, patient, and persistent with them and they will eventually listen.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

This does not justify any negative actions from the PvP community. Be polite, patient, and persistent with them and they will eventually listen.

Nah.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I think the real issue here is that PvP used to have a better-than-normal community. I think a lot of us just didn’t realize what we had until it was gone.

The community is probably about average in terms of friendliness these days, nothing special but not really worse than any other PvP game/area.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

someone.7485

We did have a very nice community and if we keep pressuring people to be nice we may get it back to how it was.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

We did have a very nice community and if we keep pressuring people to be nice we may get it back to how it was.

I agree! Not to mention that friendly players fare better in random matches than ragers. It’s a win/win.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I don’t want to burst your bubble but I think you may be imagining glory days that never existed for starters. Also, I think its a faulty conclusion that your average pvp newbie really wants to learn and get better. I am not saying a lot of them don’t want to just that a lot of them don’t want to as well. It’s not the player base that is to fault for the lackluster pvp environment. It is A-net’s fault.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

How long does it take tho? Ive been trying for months and all ive been getting in return is a lot of trolling and flaming.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

How long does it take tho? Ive been trying for months and all ive been getting in return is a lot of trolling and flaming.

Try establishing a baseline relationship with the other players in your solo/yolo queue before the match starts. In my experience, people are less likely to react negatively to constructive criticism if they feel like they “know” you. I say this in every thread on this topic, but the #1 best way to start each solo/yolo queue is to say hello to your team. If they don’t respond, you know you won’t be able to say much to them; if they do respond, you’ve established a baseline relationship with them and they are much more likely to respond to advice you give them.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Try establishing a baseline relationship with the other players in your solo/yolo queue before the match starts. In my experience, people are less likely to react negatively to constructive criticism if they feel like they “know” you. I say this in every thread on this topic, but the #1 best way to start each solo/yolo queue is to say hello to your team. If they don’t respond, you know you won’t be able to say much to them; if they do respond, you’ve established a baseline relationship with them and they are much more likely to respond to advice you give them.

I do that literally every single game. Doesnt seem to work on new players.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

I have been seeing waaaay more raging in PvP than I used to. I guess partially because of the influx of new players. I personally have gotten fed up with the verbal abuse being directed towards new players. I am starting to report anyone who verbally abuses another player and I suggest others do the same.

Rather than calling people noobs, telling them to play more hotjoin, or go back to pve. Give them advice, be nice, make the PvP environment helpful and friendly. In the end this will pay off by bringing in more players that will eventually be decent and not losing current players. If you know some one is new, ask them if they are using a metabuild and if they are not direct them to it. Remember that pasting links into guild wars is useless, give them search terms that can be remembered.

PLEASE HELP MAKE THE PVP ENVIRONMENT ENJOYABLE FOR ALL.

So its now my job to teach people some VERY basic aspects of PVP? and I am to do this all day, in every single match, each and every time.

How about PVE players watch a video or read a guide, or better yet, engage that thing in the head. There is no stacking speed run combo field sitting in this mode, you have to learn the class.

Learning is done in hotjoin.

Case and point, there is a thief video of some guy showing off his pro skills. When asked why he used a SR to get a stomp (a complete waste), when he could just use his Pistol #5 to get the same effect, he said he had no idea what the pistol off hand did.

So you have someone who doesnt even know what his weapon skills are, he is in SoloQ making videos.

So no, its not up to people to educate players every single time in the 90 odd seconds before the match starts. Learn how to fight, and learn that leaving points open is a bad idea.

Also, this is a classic sign

RandomPlayer: <—Close

And then they cap it, and instantly run away from it, sometimes letting a far point roamer come and take it with no fight. Then they go and try to take on the far point, which they always fail and die.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

Hmm, well that’s unfortunate. I haven’t solo queued enough recently to really understand how bad it is, so it could be much worse than I know.

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Hmm, well that’s unfortunate. I haven’t solo queued enough recently to really understand how bad it is, so it could be much worse than I know.

from what i read in the forums, it seems that the general “PvE player” attitude in solo arena is not very good ever since the feature patch on 15 april 2014.

fortunately, i avoid all of that toxic solo arena behavior by playing team arena casually with a group of casual guild members in my casual guild. we win some, we lose some. we did our best and have no regrets. (anyone still remembers William Hung?)

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

AGAIN one of these?
holy potatoes

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Lol we are not their parents, so we dont need to act like we are. A lot of us are here to play a game not raise a kid.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

PvP Environemnt

in PvP

Posted by: yiishing.9057

yiishing.9057

i’ll just leave this here

Attachments:

Good Old Days [GD] - Disturbed Squad [DISS]
http://de.twitch.tv/yiillusion