PvP Equality and Accessibility

in PvP

Posted by: Shao.7049

Shao.7049

While I appreciate different levels of gear as much as the next person (PvE), one of the things I enjoyed about PvP is that no matter what level you were or what gear you had, everyone was on a level playing field as soon as they entered Heart of the Mists. Now I have exotic weapons and my guild mate, who doesn’t have an exotic staff, is either forced to get one from a dungeon with the stats that he wants or has to use a white level one from the weaponsmith. Gone are the days where we could put together the one we want and go forth.

Why did the team make this change? I appreciate it greatly in PvE, but this implementation in PvP has resulted in a Great Divide where loot and PvE time has now directly influenced advantages and disadvantages in PvP and that isn’t fair.

Follow the virtues of your heart

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Weapon rarity has no affect on stats in structured PvP.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

/thread
/15char

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

/rekt

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Solidor.4876

Solidor.4876

All the changes made to PvP were made to “make it easier for new players”, however the new system is only making new people much more confused. If they want to stay with this system, then they’ll need implement a better tutorial zone showing everything, since where you can change your traits to weapons and stuff.

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Justin i have one question , when u gonna do actualy smt for ppl who play pvp since 1st beta?

Yeah we have a lot of new stuff but nothing that hardcore pvp comunity would beneit from,

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

The newer sPvPers have been extremely confused on the new updates. Ya’ll should add in a few tutorials (like a quest-line or a cutscene to show the new stuff)

in PvP

Posted by: Shao.7049

Shao.7049

Thank you for the clarification, but this hasn’t been made clear in-game. How will players know when they’ve entered with exotic weapons and the weaponsmith sells white-grade equipment?

Follow the virtues of your heart

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Thank you for the clarification, but this hasn’t been made clear in-game. How will players know when they’ve entered with exotic weapons and the weaponsmith sells white-grade equipment?

By reading the tooltip in the PvP build interface, it says that attributes are normalized in pvp.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

By reading the tooltip in the PvP build interface, it says that attributes are normalized in pvp.

Sadly… Not that many people read the UI :/.

Usually when I answer people in map chat asking how to change their build, they literally had no idea there even were 3 buttons at the top :O.

I hope there will be a new tutorial for first time players.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

Sadly… Not that many people read the UI :/.

Usually when I answer people in map chat asking how to change their build, they literally had no idea there even were 3 buttons at the top :O.

I hope there will be a new tutorial for first time players.

lol. this 3 buttons annoy me as hell, I’m feeling like something wrong with UI, how ppl can not note them…

maybe devs should add a tutorial. mandatory tutorial which cant be skipped and blocks/prevents to join in any pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

spvp needs to be explained more to newbies or thread like this will keep showing up.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend