PvP Feeding/Running/Leeching

in PvP

Posted by: Lord of Madness.2603

Lord of Madness.2603

Some things that need some looking into.

• There are Players currently in Ranked and Unranked Pvp that the second they score a point they run to the enemy base and die as many times as possible, or jump off a cliff and die until they have given the enemy team enough points to win leaving their own team to fight a 4v5 with him feeding the enemies. They even state that they are trying to farm rank points and rewards and this is a fast way for them to do it. This directly Breaks The Rules of Conduct of GW2

We need a system or option to report players for Feeding as to quickly stop this from happening in the near future given we have no option at all to report or stop this.

Rule 22 States- While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

• A long time going issue are PvP Runners. If you don’t know a “PvP Runner” is an individual that avoids the Dishonorable Debuff for AFKing by running around the map or dancing around inside of the Home Base. This usually occurs the second they are “Done” with the match or feel like the match is a lost cause within the first 30 seconds of the match. This results in a 4v5 and almost no chance of a comeback. Given Dishonorable cannot accurately detect this I feel we need an option in the report menu to report actions like this so these players can start avoiding this kind of negative behavior such as this in order to further clean and help the legitimate pvp players experience and to cut down on unfair matches.

Rule 22 States- While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

I would like at least someone from Anet to give some imput what you may be doing about this in the future because at the current time Upvp and Tpvp are almost completely unplayable..

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

at the current time Upvp and Tpvp are almost completely unplayable..

Not sure if I’m lucky, or this guy is unlucky.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

too bad the report system doesnt allow you to report griefers. instead you have to make a false report and hope they figure out what you were actually trying to report for. and if they dont you might face consequences….. :/

also, you should try to calmly explain to the pve daily griefers that they can do that in hotjoin and get it done faster than ruining other peoples time in the normal queues.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Lord of Madness.2603

I’m generally realllly unlucky. :P But as more Newer Players join the game the more prevalent this is becoming. Most of them have less than 1K achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

too bad the report system doesnt allow you to report griefers. instead you have to make a false report and hope they figure out what you were actually trying to report for. and if they dont you might face consequences….. :/

also, you should try to calmly explain to the pve daily griefers that they can do that in hotjoin and get it done faster than ruining other peoples time in the normal queues.

their lack of reporting options leaves people like that to do what they want. hell i should of been banned ages ago for my bad mouth.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

oneply.9586

their lack of reporting options leaves people like that to do what they want. hell i should of been banned ages ago for my bad mouth.

another thing thats not hard to code, you just add options to the already existing code. heck even i can write that code.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

3rd post in 2 weeks on same subject. Is there a rule for spamming? How do you know they have less than 1k AP? You can’t see that unless you are both friends of each other.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

3rd post in 2 weeks on same subject. Is there a rule for spamming? How do you know they have less than 1k AP? You can’t see that unless you are both friends of each other.

Actually, you only need to add them

in PvP

Lord of Madness.2603

Even though it seems you have played this game for 2 years your general information on the game seems pretty poor. If I add someone to my Friends List or Block List I can see their AP and they don’t even have to add me to theirs. After adding you to my friends list I see you have around 5K AP

Now Ghost instead of trying to troll or grief my posts (as you always do to any post that wants us to have a better reporting system.) and yes I understand that you don’t care about these issues at all. But how about we try to discuss these issues like adults.

(edited by Lord of Madness.2603)

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t like the Feeders or Leechers (as you term them) any more than you do, but enforcement of this is going to be pretty tough. The players who want to throw matches will probably just start doing it more intelligently. Instead of running to the enemy base, the Feeders will just start running into 2v1 fights (or fighting Chief/Svanir and losing) and only using a handful of skills/not dodging etc. The Leechers will just start following another allied player around and double capping. And without any kind of verbal confirmation from the suspect themselves, or a GM to actually observe events, it’s next to impossible to prove that these players are doing it on purpose, and not just very bad PvP players.

in PvP

Lord of Madness.2603

Zaxares- I do understand that it could be harder in the future to discover this behavior, but we could say the same about bots. They are becoming more human like all the time, some can even respond to you making it sometimes difficult to detect . Yet we still have an option to report for botting.

Laokoko- I’m not too sure what your trying to state

in PvP

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Laokoko- I’m not too sure what your trying to state

Maybe there is no chance to winning. You gain 4 times more track record for winning. You seriously telling me they gain track record faster for purposely lossing?

in PvP

Zaxares.5419

I just want to ensure that innocent newbies who stumble into Unranked/Ranked (because that happens ALL the time) aren’t unfairly banned or harassed over this. You’re never going to completely eliminate people wanting to game the system; it’s an unfortunate part of humanity that’s never going away. That’s why I’ve always advocated against removing or clamping down on Hotjoin, because that would just force the Feeders/Leechers into Unranked/Ranked. It’s the lesser of two evils, funneling the people who just want to farm Dailies or ranks as fast as possible into an area where they won’t bother the players who want legitimate PvP competition.

The thing is, Evan Lesh’s recent posts suggest this is already the case. It seems as though a loss in Unranked/Ranked actually gives you LESS progress than a full-time win in Hotjoin. So really, all those people screwing around in Unranked/Ranked shouldn’t be there; you’d be better off doing all that in Hotjoin instead, in “Daily” or “Farm” servers. It’s faster, with no queue time, and you don’t annoy players wanting to legitimately PvP.

in PvP

Lord of Madness.2603

Laokoko- if you lose fast enough then yes. They could even turn on auto run so they die over and over while they go and watch tv. All they need to do is give it an input every minute or so.

in PvP

laokoko.7403

Laokoko- if you lose fast enough then yes. They could even turn on auto run so they die over and over while they go and watch tv. All they need to do is give it an input every minute or so.

well they probably can do it while they are watching tv.

I’ll be surprise if they actually gain faster. Since include queue times, they need every match to be 2.5 times shorter, which most likely wont’ happen.

I’m not saying people dont’ do it. Since they are probably botting, or semi afk leeching. But what you said about faster by purposely lossing are probably not true, especially not every map have cliff to jump

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Some things that need some looking into.

• There are Players currently in Ranked and Unranked Pvp that the second they score a point they run to the enemy base and die as many times as possible, or jump off a cliff and die until they have given the enemy team enough points to win leaving their own team to fight a 4v5 with him feeding the enemies. They even state that they are trying to farm rank points and rewards and this is a fast way for them to do it. This directly Breaks The Rules of Conduct of GW2

We need a system or option to report players for Feeding as to quickly stop this from happening in the near future given we have no option at all to report or stop this.

• A long time going issue are PvP Runners. If you don’t know a “PvP Runner” is an individual that avoids the Dishonorable Debuff for AFKing by running around the map or dancing around inside of the Home Base. This usually occurs the second they are “Done” with the match or feel like the match is a lost cause within the first 30 seconds of the match. This results in a 4v5 and almost no chance of a comeback. Given Dishonorable cannot accurately detect this I feel we need an option in the report menu to report actions like this so these players can start avoiding this kind of negative behavior such as this in order to further clean and help the legitimate pvp players experience and to cut down on unfair matches.

I would like at least someone from Anet to give some imput what you may be doing about this in the future because at the current time Upvp and Tpvp are almost completely unplayable..

this is why they should also ban those rank farming servers…but noone actually gives a single kitten to it

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Tao.5096

this is why they should also ban those rank farming servers…but noone actually gives a single kitten to it

And why should anyone give even a single kitten rank farm custom arenas?

in PvP

Lord of Madness.2603

I agree with you archaon, also don’t worry about Tao he is a pretty hardcore Rank Farm user and will do anything to defend them.

in PvP

Tao.5096

I agree with you archaon, also don’t worry about Tao he is a pretty hardcore Rank Farm user and will do anything to defend them.

~20 Rank farm games out of ~800 makes it hardcore?

Attachments:

in PvP

Lord of Madness.2603

Zaxares imma answer your multi-question with these cool Bullet Notes!

I just want to ensure that innocent newbies who stumble into Unranked/Ranked (because that happens ALL the time) aren’t unfairly banned or harassed over this.

• New Players finding their way into Unranked and Ranked could cause a bit of a fuss. But when it comes to reporting it would be easy for a Dev or a Mod to look at a players match history to determine if its a False Report or not. Did the Player get exactly 10 points? did they die 30+ times? Where these suicides (which you actually can get in any map) or player kills?

That’s why I’ve always advocated against removing or clamping down on Hotjoin, because that would just force the Feeders/Leechers into Unranked/Ranked.

• In this Thread I am not advocating or suggesting things be done to hotjoin. I’m in fact asking for this report feature because people are mainly doing this in Ranked and Unranked which hurts a players overall leaderboard ranking. So in the end we are not funneling them into Ranked or Unranked because we are reporting them in Ranked and Unranked which would deter them from doing it again in those settings.

It seems as though a loss in Unranked/Ranked actually gives you LESS progress than a full-time win in Hotjoin. So really, all those people screwing around in Unranked/Ranked shouldn’t be there; you’d be better off doing all that in Hotjoin instead

• I agree that these people should be trying to win in hotjoin as it is a better way to get Rank Points than losing Ranked and Unranked. But Feeding is not all about efficiency. sometimes its do to laziness. Perhaps they could easily win in Hotjoin but the are just way to lazy to do so. So in this case they just join Unranked and die over and over while watching TV or playing another game in another window.

in PvP

oneply.9586

if he does it in hotjoin who cares?

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Lord of Madness.2603

if he does it in hotjoin who cares?

I just said not to worry about him? I was explaining that I don’t really care at all what Tao does?

in PvP

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

IIRC devs have stated to report it as botting.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in PvP

Lord of Madness.2603

IIRC devs have stated to report it as botting.

Sadly though we cant expect everyone to know that. And on top of that it could easily result in a false report do to the fact that there are in fact Bots in pvp, so the report could easily be mistaken as just a Bot report. When they watch the player and its not a bot they could just shrug it off and move to the next report.

I want there to be no confusion or miscommunication when it comes to in game reports. Makes things a lot easier for everyone involved.

in PvP

laokoko.7403

A bit off topic. I remember doing court yard and some guy stopped trying near the end of match and just say please kill me faster.

I like to know if that is consider manipulating. Or what’s the breaking point on people giving up on matches.

Me personally, I kind of do the same, when the opponent is winning by 200 points, I kind of give up trying since I want to end it faster to go on the next match to finish my daily. I also notice the trend on a minority of my teammates who want to do the same too.

in PvP

oneply.9586

A bit off topic. I remember doing court yard and some guy stopped trying near the end of match and just say please kill me faster.

I like to know if that is consider manipulating. Or what’s the breaking point on people giving up on matches.

Me personally, I kind of do the same, when the opponent is winning by 200 points, I kind of give up trying since I want to end it faster to go on the next match to finish my daily. I also notice the trend on a minority of my teammates who want to do the same too.

called griefing.
and ya, if its a total blowout and the other team is within 50 points of winning then by all means end the match faster.
courtyard tho it happens way too often right from the start. no matter how nicely you say it people refuse to make minor tweaks to their builds to give themselves a better chance. /shrug

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Zaxares.5419

• New Players finding their way into Unranked and Ranked could cause a bit of a fuss. But when it comes to reporting it would be easy for a Dev or a Mod to look at a players match history to determine if its a False Report or not. Did the Player get exactly 10 points? did they die 30+ times? Where these suicides (which you actually can get in any map) or player kills?
  • In this Thread I am not advocating or suggesting things be done to hotjoin. I’m in fact asking for this report feature because people are mainly doing this in Ranked and Unranked which hurts a players overall leaderboard ranking. So in the end we are not funneling them into Ranked or Unranked because we are reporting them in Ranked and Unranked which would deter them from doing it again in those settings.
  • I agree that these people should be trying to win in hotjoin as it is a better way to get Rank Points than losing Ranked and Unranked. But Feeding is not all about efficiency. sometimes its do to laziness. Perhaps they could easily win in Hotjoin but the are just way to lazy to do so. So in this case they just join Unranked and die over and over while watching TV or playing another game in another window.

Just looking at points probably wouldn’t be sufficient. For example, when I play Bunker, it’s not uncommon for me to just cap Home or Mid and then sit there for the rest of the match. (Remember, I mostly play Hotjoin, so there’s usually no need for me to go assist other points.) My damage is pretty terrible, so unless another teammate comes along it’s quite possible that I won’t get any more points from kills for the entire match duration.

Your secondary idea of having “rank criteria” in order to play Unranked or Ranked has some merit, I think. However, as most of us know, Hotjoin isn’t really a representative situation of true Conquest PvP, so I think having rank criteria might be a hassle for competitive players wanting to play a proper PvP match. It’s ANet’s call though; personally, I would not be opposed to rank criteria. (Just bear in mind that rank does not necessarily indicate skill. You could have a Dolyak rank requirements for Unranked and still get lots of terrible players.)

Regardless, we are in agreement that the Feeders/Leechers should not be doing that in Unranked/Ranked. They really should keep that sort of stuff to Hotjoin.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

lol ofc i don’t care, i was r70 before april 2014 patch when r70 was 3kk+ rank points and got my stupid 80 with patch like any other 55+ …ppl farming for rank now that is so easy to get from 1 to 80 it’s just lol…i didn’t farm when skyhammer farming was getting exploited during old ranks and now it’s even more stupid, being 80 means nothing…you just need 4 months or even less pvp to get r80…pretty pointless, but still is clearly against eula…anet did nothing one year ago, no bans at all (At that time they just changed some settings in custom arenas but it didn’t prevent ppl from farming anyway, pve heroes are gonna farm no matter what) and they won’t do anything now i guess…but it’s fine, competitive pvp is dead since long time ago anyway

you know with 12k+ matches on your back you don’t really care bout anything anymore…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Lord of Madness.2603

Ether way I do hope a Dev responds to this in one way or another. It would be extremely reassuring to know they do know these issues are at hand, or if they are in fact in future updates planning on adding new report options. Its been quite a while from the last update to it.

in PvP

Posted by: DantonDamnark.1624

DantonDamnark.1624

I remember Guild Wars 1 having a way to report Leechers in PvP. Shouldn’t Guild Wars 2 also have that?

in PvP

Lord of Madness.2603

The Devs say its not a High Priority to be able to report specific Code of Conduct Violations in PvP. Thats a bit odd in my opinion given that stronghold is coming soon.

Here have a new pvp type that people may completely abuse and there is nothing you can do about it :P