PvP Que's longer and longer....

in PvP

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

Anyone else noticing this? At the big patch my PvP que’s were like…20 seconds. (Minus not being able to que at first)

Now a month later I’m waiting 3-5 minutes…….

Are less people PvP’n due to the inbalance and Mesmer/Ramp/Burn issues?

If the games PvP scene dies due to 1 class doing everything better than every other class….maybe then they will fix it? lol

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

3 Major issues:

1) Motivation issue: no active season & leaderboard
2) Balance issue: there are broken things not fixed (mesmer, ele burning, rampage etc.)
3) Hotm issue: spend half of your time standing in hotm doing nothing, it’s a killer for the queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

Number one is a good point I didn’t think about.

Was there an active season at the major patch though? Because my que’s were really quick then. Like…faster than LoL que’s on average.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

I think number 3 is also a good point.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

One month ago it was the 23th of june patch where the queues were insanely fast due to people experimenting with the new possibilities!

Still what you have noticed is true, the queues are getting longer and longer, at least in comparison to what the queues were like if we take the average queue time of 2-3 months ago. I played unranked and the time it takes is often nearing 4 minutes. As for Ranked… this is a nightmare where it can sometimes take up to 8 minutes! This is without counting the fact that you need to take time to choose the map, the time for the match to start. So a good 5-6 minutes to finally play an unranked match and the time to forget you are currently queued up if you are looking for a ranked match-up…

Truly a disappointment when you have to stay in this barren place with nothing to do except talk on the troll chat (which I don’t hate, but it gets boring after so long).

As Phil said :

1) Motivation issue: no active season & leaderboard
2) Balance issue: there are broken things not fixed (mesmer, ele burning, rampage etc.)
3) Hotm issue: spend half of your time standing in hotm doing nothing, it’s a killer for the queue.

But I would think that #2 and #3 are the major factors. Many players that play unranked won’t even look at those seasons. But right now, even the unranked queue is affected…

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Actually, queues have always been around 3-4mins. The “average” queue time is just misleading. Recently I’ve had times where I got instant queues by pressing the button to almost 10mins of nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

I hardly queue anymore because Stronghold is gone. I want it back. Conquest is too boring.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

I mostly stopped queuing since the feature patch that removed the ability to hotjoin while waiting for the queue pop.

I hate nothing more in games than forced downtime. I’d rather play hotjoin all day than wait 5-8 (+2ish minutes pre-game-time) doing nothing for a match that could be over in under 10 minutes.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I mostly stopped queuing since the feature patch that removed the ability to hotjoin while waiting for the queue pop.

I hate nothing more in games than forced downtime. I’d rather play hotjoin all day than wait 5-8 (+2ish minutes pre-game-time) doing nothing for a match that could be over in under 10 minutes.

agree w/ this kid. 5 min queues, only to end up in a terrible mismatch fight, its a nightmare. so not only do have to have be bored crazy while waiting, i have to have a miserable exp fighting a premade for 10 mins.

15mins of my life to end up frustrated and bored? no thx. i’ll hot join all day.

1. no wait, instant action
2. less premades more soloq – an wen i do have to face premade, i just change servers, cuz forgit dat
3. i actually end up feeling like i had fun in pvp