PvP Rewards Blog

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

Leaderboard rewards are the answer, if you are seriously rank 70 now and not on the top of the leaderboards, you dont deserve to get any rewards, you mind as well afk in a champ farm. R80 SHould be seen as max lvl not an accomplishment. Skill should be rewarded, not aimless time

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Viszay.9670

Viszay.9670

Questions for the stream:

You say in the post that we’ll have one look between game modes. What if I like my look in pvp more than in pve? Can I have that look for both game modes? Will we be able to have separate looks between game modes?

I often use different weapon sets between pvp and pve. Will I have to own a hammer and longbow in pve on my warrior to be able to hambow in pvp?

Will we be able to choose different jewels for our amulets?

(edited by Viszay.9670)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

Everyone in the upper mid 50’s and up will become a Dragon!

omg, i think, i just had a gamegasm!!! i reckon, ill instantly be a phonix at current rank 49…. oh god oh god oh god…. the great gear and unlocks and all sorts of…./me passes out

The only way you’ll unlock new gear is if you stop PvP’ing and go play PvE. The rank will have no attachment to gear unlocks in this change…

It was my understanding that there are still rank chest, or no. At anyrate though, pvp is definetlly more rewarding after this than ever. Im firing up the time machine to take me to the 15th as i type.
[/quote]

Ok, I’m back from the future… and it is awesome!!! except apparentlly russia invaded the ukraine and ww3 started, but i digress. GW2 servers are still up and running, and pvp is glorious.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Weakest Link.4920

Weakest Link.4920

I have played the game since head start. I dabbled in spvp, and for the last 3 weeks or so have been playing it nearly exclusively (farmed world bosses one day, and I’m in a WvW guild so had to make an appearance.) This change will make more people want to spvp, and that is a Good Thing. Let all gw2 players know the joy of a last minute rez or stomp or a sick cap or sweet kittenhammer shot.

If you are a pvper than be thankful for the amount of pve players about to start playing forest of nifelhel for the first time. May you grape them right in the mouth.

Dr Mcgillicutty, Doctor Drunkenstein, Thumpasaurus GODS Fort Aspenwood Server

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

It takes several hundred of hours to reach 50+, at least before they upped the rank points.

I think it’s a reasonable adjustment to make rank 80 hit mid 50’s

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

So I am confused. What is the point of these new PvP rewards?

What is the point of tying all the game modes together?

What is the point?

Money, what else xD

Actually NO.

The whole point of these changes is to make PvP more connected to PvE, but more importantly it is to make PvP have a decent amount of rewards when it gets release in the biggest MMO market, China.

So… money

Everything can be broken down into money if you want to go down that path.

Guild wars 2 exist cuz Ncsoft/anet thought it could make money. Guild wars 2 cost money because Ncsoft/anet thought it could make money. Improving the game because Anet/Nc thought it will lead to money money. Getting more players to play PvP because it could make money. The only thing they don’t make money off directly is the forums, but they make money off of it by containing most of the crazies here.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Grouch can you give a vague idea of who will be future dragons (60, 70+)??!?
ALSO with the change to jewels, will I still be able to run soldier zerker, or carrior rabid or whatever?

I hope this is a bad joke, otherwise that really is disgusting treatment towards the playerbase.

There is no reason to make the rank so easily attainable if it has close to no value however those that have grinded well above these ranks in an attempt to achieve rank 80 have dedicated months upon months of their life and most likely still value the rank that makes them unique.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Guard.6751

Guard.6751

READY-UP QUESTION:

Why not implement pvp material/booster exchange NPC? This would reward all players for their time spent in pvp. Even if its just for a minimal amount of gold. Something is better than nothing.

IGNs: The Guardian, Guard – Main Profession: Ranger
Leaderboard Peak Rankings: #2 Solo Arena | #11 Team Arena

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Resolt.4206

Resolt.4206

Q: What happens to the pvp items in my level 2 Mesmer’s bags?

-do they become 80 soulbounds(unsalvageable)?
-do they vanish and get put into wardrobe?

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: BIRDPUNCHER.8263

BIRDPUNCHER.8263

Question:

Are there any plans to retroactively scale the rank points of players who won arena matches before the buffs to points-per-win? I have 2.3 completed Champion title tracks and 341 solo queue wins, but since I did it all while solo queue rewarded ~300 rank points per win I’m only rank 33. By contrast, my guildmate who began queueing a couple months ago has 65 solo wins and is rank 26.

It’s a bit disheartening, and given that the game records your wins I (and I’m sure a lot of other players) would be really happy if it were possible to scale up a person’s rank points to fit the current 1.5k per win reward.

~bird princess~

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I will say that, while there might be some aspects of the changes that I disagree with to some level (all rank 50+ immediately dragon?!?!), I am really excited for these changes. It seems really cool that more targeted rewards will be able to be chosen, and the greater inter-mingling between PvE and PvP (open up reward tracks, for instance) while still making most things attainable in PvP only (rotating tracks) is great!

While the changes might not be the BEST for current high-ranking players (I wish they could compensate you with gold or something, especially given the terrible metas you’ve had to endure), I think its a good change overall!

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Can I trade these rewards in for some better PvP balance?

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

One of the things that I loved about Guild Wars 2 at launch was that if you didn’t want to PvP, you didn’t have to PvP. Everything about sPvP was kept separate from the PvE game, and so if you had no interest in PvP then you weren’t made to feel that you were “missing out” by not having access to certain rewards that might also be appealing to a PvE player.

I guess my concern after reading that blog post is, what methods will be available for pure PvE players to earn the rewards talked about in the post?

Also,

The PvP and PvE daily and monthly achievements will be merged. There will be enough achievements that you will be able to complete your dailies and monthlies entirely in PvE, WvW, or PvP if you like – but you can also dabble in different game modes and complete your achievements by playing a mix of content.

I hope that this means “there will be fifteen available points each day,” rather than “we have replaced some of the existing points available with PvP points, so if you only do PvE you’ll have less pure PvE options available each day.” I currently aim to get 7-8 of the available daily points each day, and would hate if I were forced to do some of the daily achievements I never bother with, like running a Fractal or Dungeon.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

(edited by Ohoni.6057)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

Got a question.

You guys said in that blog post that “You are simply carrying over your looks between game types”, and “You will be given a one-time allotment of Transmutation Charges based on your rank in PvP so you can restore or change your looks.”

It made me quite uneasy, can you guys clarify on the carrying the looks over part? What if I like wearing different looks in PvE and PvP? (which I currently do on a regular basis) Would I still be able to do that in PvP without spending Transmutation Charges? What happens if I changed my look in PvP and then went back to PvE? Would my looks changes (carry back) and the game tells me to use Transmutation Charges?

There are also times that in PvP I just feel like using another weapon skin to play with since it doesn’t cost anything, with the new patch applied, would that means every time say that I change from Rifle A to Rifle B I would require 1 Transmutation Charge?

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Are there any meaningful changes coming to the elementalist (staff or CD) not including the GM (which are not really that great) that will make it viable in sPvP other than bunker? Essentially what other unannounce changes are going to the elementalist and when will we get the full patch notes to criticism like the last two times.

One of the things that I loved about Guild Wars 2 at launch was that if you didn’t want to PvP, you didn’t have to PvP. Everything about sPvP was kept separate from the PvE game, and so if you had no interest in PvP then you weren’t made to feel that you were “missing out” by not having access to certain rewards that might also be appealing to a PvE player.

I guess my concern after reading that blog post is, what methods will be available for pure PvE players to earn the rewards talked about in the post?

There are almost no PvP exclusive rewards. All the new rewards except the back item can be achieved in PvE.

So if you want to achieve this rewards without PvP, you could always JUST PVE. (mind blown)

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

I think, you understood sth. wrong there. ^^
If you play pve, you still can only play pve.
Just, if you only played pvp before, you now will also have to play pve.

There is nothing “pvp exclusive” they only are implementing much harder pvp ways to for getting the same stuff ppl already get from pve.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Question: What will happen to the skins that we are currently wearing? Should we deposit them in our locker before 4/15?

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

There is no way a “very small percentage” of the pvp player base means r55+ players.

We are a LOT of people there, most players who play on a regular basis since launch are between r55 and r70.

That very small percentage probably affects people with r73-74+ and it’s perfect this way.

Great changes, cant wait for that update.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

This update looks fantastic for upping the amount of people in the sPvP community and improving the quality of life/ rewards of PvP.

Now that sPvP rewards will be better, I think the next step is to look into developing a better environment for hardcore players. I think that we desperately need a Guild Ladder that displays TEAM names, with monthly tournaments. Just like in Guild Wars 1.

I think that end game PvP should be building guild prestige through monthly tournaments and the Guild Ladder. With more people in the community, it should be much more competitive than it is now.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

ALSO with the change to jewels, will I still be able to run soldier zerker, or carrior rabid or whatever?

They ground out all those tourneys to distinguish themselves. And now they’re just gonna be dragon like everyone else?

Like everyone else? Do you know how small the percentage of players is actually 50+ for the entire player base? It’s tiny. Stop making sweeping statements that have no basis in fact whatsoever.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: JuThai.7941

JuThai.7941

I didn’t really get the part with the reward tracks. Do PvP-players now have to do PvE to get PvP rewards? Or do we get dungeon rewards for doing PvP?
The general idea of getting PvE-players into PvP by merging rewards is a good thing imo.

Adjusting the ranks is understandable but r5X upwards becoming 80? This is not alright.
I’m myself r6X but I don’t want the dragon just yet. Don’t feel I deserve it yet. If they would do 70 becoming 80. Okay. I would agree with it, but not 5X. This is just a gift to all skyhammer farmers. Personally I would gladly go back to the old system and fight my way through to r80 rather than getting it handed to me just like that.

(edited by JuThai.7941)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The blog says that we should craft all our PvP crafting components into items.

How do we do this now that glory has been removed and the final components can’t be purchased anymore? Is there some temporary way to obtain item tokens so I can finish crafting my leftover materials?

Please answer this as well. I can’t imagine the hundreds of thousands of PvP mats that will just wash away because people have no means to use them because they don’t have the gear or consumable tokens.

This x 1000. You already made us feel like fools with the glory booster thing. I urge you not to destroy a year of efforts in a heartbeat.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Also,

The PvP and PvE daily and monthly achievements will be merged. There will be enough achievements that you will be able to complete your dailies and monthlies entirely in PvE, WvW, or PvP if you like – but you can also dabble in different game modes and complete your achievements by playing a mix of content.

I hope that this means “there will be fifteen available points each day,” rather than “we have replaced some of the existing points available with PvP points, so if you only do PvE you’ll have less pure PvE options available each day.” I currently aim to get 7-8 of the available daily points each day, and would hate if I were forced to do some of the daily achievements I never bother with, like running a Fractal or Dungeon.

There will be certain skins (as far as we know) that you can only get in PvP such as the backpiece. This is a way to show that you earned the reward via PvP just like there are dungeon skins, fractal skins, there are now PvP skins. Which is a great addition and what us PvP players have been asking for. I mean, we can’t get all the stuff that a PvE player can get either. As far as achievements and everything else, I think you’ll be fine and it will turn out to be like you said, an addition and not a replacement although I’m not 100% on that.
All the other rewards seem to be the same as the dungeon reward tracks that look to be added to the PvE side as well and so there will be one specific PvP exclusive skin that you can work towards with each update probably.

(edited by Cush.4063)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

so… all those hotjoin farmers will get dragon?

I’ve asked it in another thread. But I’ll try again. Will there be a retroactive reward(rank points and the like) for pure T(ournament)players?

Anyway… Theres nothing ‘prestigious’ left in the pvp-side of gw2. The ultimate casual-friendly game.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

For most players this will make attaining the rank of dragon a realistic goal and for a very small percentage of players,

A small percentage of players? The majority of the time as a rank 40, I’m pitted against rank 50+ in soloQ’s, often being the lowest rank in the game. This is definitely not a goal for a “small percentage of players”. Dragons will be everywhere.

Upper 60s sounds like a more reasonable number. Achievable by people that play for ~1.5 years (not that bad for the most prestigious item currently in PvP)

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: PENALTY.5386

PENALTY.5386

Hugh Norfolk (PvP Game Designer):
“Everyone in the upper mid 50’s and up will become a Dragon!”

NICE JOKE! In my opinion you should reward those who already are significantly above rank 60. Please give them gold or precursors (or anything else worthy) for each rank they have earned for nothing.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

There will be certain skins (as far as we know) that you can only get in PvP such as the backpiece. This is a way to show that you earned the reward via PvP just like there are dungeon skins, fractal skins, there are now PvP skins. Which is a great addition and what us PvP players have been asking for.

Yeah, but what I’m asking is, if those skins look cool to me, and I would like to also get those skins, but I don’t want to do any PvP, then what methods will be available to earn those skins through PvE play? I don’t have a problem with them adding tracks for PvP player to earn dungeon skins via PvP, but I do have a problem if they have rewards that can only be earned through PvP.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

to devs:

this is a question about what will happen to spvp Armor currently being worn at patch day.

you said this:
“As of April 15, there will no longer be PvP items in the game. The look you set for your weapons and armor in PvE and WvW will carry over into PvP”

if i have a set i prefer in spvp, and a regular chain mail armor in pve. will this;

1) pve gear replacing the ones being worn in spvp (and not stored in the locker or unlocked) ->making us loose the set

or

2) pve gear replacing the ones being worn in spvp and the ones that was currently worn in spvp is automaticly put to the “unlocked” list in wardrobe

since whatever we wear in pve, we will have that set in pvp. which set will be replaced and is there any loss of any set by not storing any spvp gear in the locker?
i need to know this in case i need to put my spvp cultural in locker before it’s being replaced.

(edited by Swagginator.3246)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: tehape.8407

tehape.8407

Q: How will the game decide which PvP skin is unlocked? Do I need to take off all of my PvP gear to get it unlocked? Or is it enough if I´m still wearing it?

I´m a little bit worried about the unlocking process. Afterwards just 3/6 of my gear will be unlocked, the first half have been stored in the locker and the other half was on my character.

My thoughts so far concerning the reward update:
Nice for everyone who wanna join pvp after the patch, but a little bit unfair for those who mainly played pvp.

I dont know why anet just uses the rank as a references how much effort someone has put in the pvp-section of the game, since the rank-reward was boosted a couple weeks ago from winning a tourney from 100 to 1000.
A lot of the people who has played after the boost is on the same rank as the people, playing pvp since release.
Especially guardians playing since release are treated the wrong way with this method, since those players are lower in the rank due to the mechanics of the rewardings system after the ending of the match. ( Although the rewarding system was changed a few month ago)
Just wanted to point out that there are alternative references, like: how many tournaments you have played or won.

Thanks for reading.
Greetings from Germany

Jah

(edited by tehape.8407)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

tehape.8407

to devs:

this is a question about what will happen to spvp currently being worn at patch day.

1) pve gear replacing the ones being worn in spvp (and not stored in the locker)

2) pve gear replacing the ones being worn in spvp and the ones that was currently worn in spvp is automaticly put to the “unlocked” list in wardrobe.

Basically the same concerns I have I hope we get an answer.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Are you going to increase end of match gold rewards?

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

to devs:

this is a question about what will happen to spvp currently being worn at patch day.

you said this:
“As of April 15, there will no longer be PvP items in the game. The look you set for your weapons and armor in PvE and WvW will carry over into PvP”

if i have a set i prefer in spvp, and a regular chain mail armor in pve. will this;

1) pve gear replacing the ones being worn in spvp (and not stored in the locker or unlocked) ->making us loose the set

or

2) pve gear replacing the ones being worn in spvp and the ones that was currently worn in spvp is automaticly put to the “unlocked” list in wardrobe

since whatever we wear in pve, we will have that set in pvp. which set will be replaced and is there any loss of any set by not storing any spvp gear in the locker?
i need to know this in case i need to put my spvp cultural in locker before it’s being replaced.

This was already answered in the blog post:

Any PvE gear you have right now will be applied to your PvP look. Whatever you’re wearing in PvP right now(along with your PvP locker) will be saved, but your look will be overwritten by your PvE look. You will get some transmute items based upon rank, which will allow you to create a separate PvP look(if you wish), by re-skinning your old PvP look to white items(which they show in the PvP video today) purchased from a vendor.

tl;dr: Your PvP look will initially default to your PvE look. If you want to create an alter-ego for PvP you will need to create a secondary set and apply skins to it.

P.S. I HATE this change

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

wait, so we have to transmute stuff in pvp now? i can’t have another look in pvp than in pve? i get tons of pve stuff in pvp which i have absolutely no need for after i have to transmute stuff instead of simply switching every time i want to? erm … nothxbb
this, however, looks like the greatest update ever for pve-hotjoin-heroes.

(edited by zaced.7948)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

tehape.8407

@somsom.5201

In my opinion the blog post doesn’t clarify the process enough. Even you are describing it as an “overwrite” – which basically would mean, that every pvp skin which is worn by your character will not be unlocked in the locker.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Are you going to increase end of match gold rewards?

No, but you’ll be getting chests for stuff more regularly which will give stuff that translates to gold if you decide to sell it.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: kyrox.9374

kyrox.9374

thank you guys that i wasted my time so much in pvp.. it isnt really fair that 55-59 ranked players reach dragon and the players above this ranks get nothing.. I´m really claim some compensation for the players who invest so much time in pvp and are distinctly above this ranks, because they ranked up FOR NOTHING
Its just a ridiculous thing…

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

wait, so we have to transmute stuff in pvp now? i can’t have another look in pvp than in pve? i get tons of pve stuff in pvp which i have absolutely no need for after i have to transmute stuff instead of simply switching every time i want to? erm … nothxbb

You can have a different look in pvp. Just buy some cheapo white items for a few silver and skin them with the charges you get for your pvp rank. Then when you pvp, just equip the white items.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Player’s don’t need to do anything with their items. Everything in your equip slots, inventory, locker, and bank will all be stripped upon logging in and unlocked in the wardrobe.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

So how exactly is this change going to compensate for over month of no rewards in spvp?

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

these changes are great. finally Vee Wee won’t be the only rank 80 in the world. question though, what will Vee Wee get for being the first rank 80? seems like everybody else got rank 80 for free while Vee Wee really earned it.

There is someone who is a rank 80??? Wow. I’m not sure whether to be impressed or to feel bad for them.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

You can stop fuming. The ready-up explained you’ll be rewarded for every level you gained. So if you’re 70 already, you’ll get all the chests until 80, and then lvl 80 chests for every 20k rank points you earned. Similar to PvE where you rank up and gain a skill point while staying 80. Everyone will be rewarded appropriately, no matter what rank you are.

I am, however, deeply disappointed that all the materials I salvaged for over a year are wasted without the glory to by the armor tokens I need. For example, I destroyed nearly all my light armor pants just for the chance of getting a light armor pants token that I can’t buy anymore because I have no more glory.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

zaced.7948

You can have a different look in pvp. Just buy some cheapo white items for a few silver and skin them with the charges you get for your pvp rank. Then when you pvp, just equip the white items.

you forgot that those items will be stuck in my inventory, taking up space. but hey, i can always buy inventory space for gems, hooray!

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

So how exactly is this change going to compensate for over month of no rewards in spvp?

Your current rank will be will be converted to the new rank you would get with the new calculation. Which means a truckload of of rewardchests if i heard it correctly.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

Player’s don’t need to do anything with their items. Everything in your equip slots, inventory, locker, and bank will all be stripped upon logging in and unlocked in the wardrobe.

what if i happen to have a greatsaw greatsword skin on my bank, will that be stripped and put into my locker so i cant sell it anymore?

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

tehape.8407

@Evan Lesh

Thank you for your answer.

Q: Could you point out why the rank is choosen to be the references for the effort someone has put in the pvp-section of the game? And values like the participated/won tourneys are not considered?

Dont get it wrong, I just want to know the reasoning behind those upcoming changes.
I hope you are able to answer me.

Greetings
Jah

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

@somsom.5201

In my opinion the blog post doesn’t clarify the process enough. Even you are describing it as an “overwrite” – which basically would mean, that every pvp skin which is worn by your character will not be unlocked in the locker.

You aren’t “losing” anything. Everything you have in PvP(even on your character) is going into the wardrobe. When you log into PvP on the first day, your armor will be PvE/nude(if you don’t have anything on your PvE character).

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

zaced.7948

what if i happen to have a greatsaw greatsword skin on my bank, will that be stripped and put into my locker so i cant sell it anymore?

i also would be very interested in an answer to this question. i seriously hope that sellable skins will not be put into the wardrobe. if so i might have to park everything in the tp for unreasonable prices.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

i also would be very interested in an answer to this question. i seriously hope that sellable skins will not be put into the wardrobe. if so i might have to park everything in the tp for unreasonable prices.

They’ve already said about PvE skins that it only goes into the wardrobe if it has been account or soulbound. So if the GS skin is still able to be sold then it won’t be put into the locker (otherwise everyone would just buy one and then resell it and still get the benefit of the skin).

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

PvP only items are the ones getting stripped. That means things in the locker, or any item obtained through PvP. None of those can be sold.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

zaced.7948

PvP only items are the ones getting stripped. That means things in the locker, or any item obtained through PvP. None of those can be sold.

+

They’ve already said about PvE skins that it only goes into the wardrobe if it has been account or soulbound. So if the GS skin is still able to be sold then it won’t be put into the locker (otherwise everyone would just buy one and then resell it and still get the benefit of the skin).

thanks for clarification! i wasn’t able to watch the stream yet (because twitch sucks harder than a black hole).

(edited by zaced.7948)