PvP Rewards Blog

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Shifted.6912

Shifted.6912

Soooooo…

Are PvP rank finishers going away, or what?

I understand that everyone is gonna get boosted a few ranks up, but I’m not sure should I grind PvP to secure the next rank’s finisher or can I safely assume I’ll be able to get it (and further ones) after April 15

Clarification would be nice, since the blog post doesn’t explain skritt..

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Soooooo…

I understand that everyone is gonna get boosted a few ranks up, but I’m not sure should I grind PvP to secure the next rank’s finisher or can I safely assume I’ll be able to get it (and further ones) after April 15

You’ll still get the rank emote unlocks.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Hi. I am a WvW player but I am worried about the distribution of rank points. i feel that custom arenas should not offer anywhere close to team arena amounts. Yes, I understand that there is some more merit to playing Team queue, but these people are also doing ranked and in a more hardcore environment. Hotjoin is a place to understand the basics of sPvP and fun matches, but Team Arena/ Solo Queue should be the goal.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Hotjoin is a place to understand the basics of sPvP and fun matches, but Team Arena/ Solo Queue should be the goal.

Except you don’t learn the basics of sPvP there. You see the maps but don’t get to understand them. There are people swapping sides, dropping out, and thus you don’t get a decent understanding how competitive pvp can be. Etc.

You learn your build, a little, that’s all.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Shifted.6912

Shifted.6912

Awesome. I made a lengthy post back when you announced the plan to remove ranks, glad it had an effect.
Great job on the update (so far), looking forward to getting back into the game for real.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

i like having different builds and sets (looks, stats) for the different content that i do (tPvP, WvW, PvE, Dungeons) will this system still allow me to do that by equipping the gear once per content type or will this be something i have to change each and every time? if it is the latter all i can say is /sigh

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Will the current PvP exclusive skins be obtainable in some other way?

Currently sPvP already has several exclusive skins.

The Dark Moon Shield
PvP Masquerade (tribal version)
Guild Armours (all of them are slightly unique from their doppleganger skins, ranging from a size adjustment to “tabard” tails on the leggings or altered shoulderpads).
Rubric, Commando and something else are only partially available in PvE and only as one time only Personal Story rewards.

Will we still be able to obtain these skins in PvP? Will there be a PvE method? I’m especially interested in the Dark Moon Shield as it’s already a PvP exclusive skin.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

What about skins like runic blade and dwayna’s longbow? Will those be obtainable in PvP again?

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Farming Pvplers with legendaries <333

Grimkram [sS]

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

I feel that custom arenas should not offer anywhere close to team arena amounts. Yes, I understand that there is some more merit to playing Team queue, but these people are also doing ranked and in a more hardcore environment. Hotjoin is a place to understand the basics of sPvP and fun matches, but Team Arena/ Solo Queue should be the goal.

This announcement raised a red flag for me the second it left Hugh’s mouth, but for different reasons..
Now that we’ve switched to PvE rewards there is even more incentive for farmers to try and exploit the fact that custom arena win grants 75% of the reward of team arena win (meaning almost as much of a reward for potentially 0 effort).
I just hope ANet anticipated greedy human nature and that we won’t see a flood of “Custom arena farmers” threads after the patch goes live.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

What about skins like runic blade and dwayna’s longbow? Will those be obtainable in PvP again?

I also would lie to know this.

And what about skins which aren’t obtainable via PvP yet. Will there be ways to get those?

(edited by EverythingEnds.4261)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Boltz.5940

Boltz.5940

I hit rank 50 after I wasted all my glory. I didn’t think about saving a bit of glory to acquire bear tokens for rank 50 crafting. I believe you unlocked the order of whispers armor at rank 50. My question is, will it still be possible to acquire the order of whispers armor for a character that lets say chose the vigil in the personal story or are those armor skins you could mix and match in pvp become exclusive to your personal story choice again?

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Are you going to increase end of match gold rewards?

No, but you’ll be getting chests for stuff more regularly which will give stuff that translates to gold if you decide to sell it.

That doesnt really sound good enough considering everything is gold based now. Unless im missing something.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Hi. I am a WvW player but I am worried about the distribution of rank points. i feel that custom arenas should not offer anywhere close to team arena amounts. Yes, I understand that there is some more merit to playing Team queue, but these people are also doing ranked and in a more hardcore environment. Hotjoin is a place to understand the basics of sPvP and fun matches, but Team Arena/ Solo Queue should be the goal.

Currently Solo Queue awards more rank than Hotjoin/Custom Servers, and Team Queue awards even more than Solo. How much more are you thinking?

Call me Smith.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I’m awestruck! This is Great! I love it!!

I was steadily losing trust in ANet’s competence over the last months; This feature pack has proven able to reimburse that! Great Job!

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: isellguns.8734

isellguns.8734

Hrrm,

so, no refund for x,xxx gold spent MF farming wings of Dwayna before recipe was made public?

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

The rank thing is just there to give the long time players what they wanted, their rank. Remember rank was going to be removed from the game completely. When the leader boards or tourney thing they have planed for pvp hits, then the prestige for skill will be there. I happen to enjoy the idea of seeing a dragon finisher in my lifetime, and hope that people quit crying bout this before its reversed.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Soooooo…

Does this mean, If I become a dragon, I can still chose to Rank emote with my shark without stomping an enemy?

In otherwords, If I am standing in a Zerg in pve while my rank is a Dragon, I would like to be able to type /rank 7 and a shark should come out

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Aaaaaand there’s the bombshell.

“you’ll be able to play PvP to gather almost everything you need to craft a legendary! The Gifts of Battle and Exploration will still require Badges of Honor and map completion.”

You’re really going to cry about that?

Legendary’s are a time spent and luck based reward (or a gem2gold) that doesn’t need anything from spvp to make.

Now are you telling me there is no feasible way to make a reward track that can properly mimic the time and luck needed to make a gift of mastery for spvp or are you telling me that anet wants spvp only players to start playing pve (wvw is pve stat based).

Legendary’s as a skill based reward for a tournament is cool as it gets the top 10 these the fastest. Everyone else that plays spvp, but not pve can go screw, I guess.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Really love the changes! Just wanted to hop in and say thanks.

Thought that was necessary after reading so many qq-posts on the front page

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Nightwrath.1679

Nightwrath.1679

Ok so I am a little confused and wondering can someone help me out?..

Well mainly I am wondering what will happen to say rank 45 and such? I know you said rank 50 and up will go to dragon does that Rank 40 will go to Phoenix or no? Are you just pushing up rank 50s and making the rest lvl like normal?

Some type of answer to this would really be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Morrigan Sol (Necromancer)| Averelyna (Elementalist)| Celaena (Thief)

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Well mainly I am wondering what will happen to say rank 45 and such? I know you said rank 50 and up will go to dragon does that Rank 40 will go to Phoenix or no? Are you just pushing up rank 50s and making the rest lvl like normal?

Rank ~45 will go to ~52. Ranks 39→54 got rebalanced to be linear 39→80.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

good job devs for once your doing it right!

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

where exactly are the PVP rewards? almost everything listed bar the pvp exclusive balthazar back is a PVE reward, stats are normalised in pvp why are you rewarding me with worthless ascended materials i cant even sell? the dungeon tracks are a joke as pvpers will have to level and then WALK to every dungeon entrance, why are we even getting what was meant to be dungeon exclusive skins?

overall this seems like its designed to reward PVE players who might want to dabble in PVP not PVP players who are getting the ability to swap appearance/ weapons for free removed and charged to unlock trash like perplexity runes that have no place in pvp but will be required for the new metas

where are the emotes
where are the titles
where are the pvp exclusives
where is the benefit to playing pvp over whatever the best gold farming method is?

i know you love that people can now open their wallet and buy anything in the game but seriously please get a clue

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

where exactly are the PVP rewards? almost everything listed bar the pvp exclusive balthazar back is a PVE reward, stats are normalised in pvp why are you rewarding me with worthless ascended materials i cant even sell? the dungeon tracks are a joke as pvpers will have to level and then WALK to every dungeon entrance, why are we even getting what was meant to be dungeon exclusive skins?

overall this seems like its designed to reward PVE players who might want to dabble in PVP not PVP players who are getting the ability to swap appearance/ weapons for free removed and charged to unlock trash like perplexity runes that have no place in pvp but will be required for the new metas

where are the emotes
where are the titles
where is the benefit to playing pvp over whatever the best gold farming method is?

i know you love that people can now open their wallet and buy anything in the game but seriously please get a clue

+1
x100

[SoF]

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

I’m rank 59 from team and solo arena. I don’t think my skill level deserved a Dragon rank.
I feel bad for top tier player who spent time to get Phoenix rank.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

While there’s some cool features coming up, I also feel that these changes are more for the PVE crowd and less for the PVP players. Nothing stands out as being PVP exclusive except for the backpack. Also, too much dumbing down of build making in conjunction with unnecessary restrictions like trait/sigil unlocking and removing jewels from the game is extremely annoying to me.

I’ll give the update a try but it seems that ANET keeps going in a direction that I don’t want in PVP.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Timothy.5829

Timothy.5829

If you actually go through with this and make rank 55=rank 80 the dragon willl be completely worthless. Quite a number of people already have rank 55+ and its pretty fast to get especially if Skyhammer farming/exploiting is still going on.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Some maths for errbody:
For a new player to get from 1→80 with the new numbers:
Fastest: 729 team arena wins with full time rewards.
Slowest: 5467 custom arena losses with full time rewards.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Lux.7169

Some maths for errbody:
For a new player to get from 1->80 with the new numbers:

…so players like marvin with 4.1k tQ wins and 2.1k tQ losses will have been able to make roughly… 7 Dragon ranks 1-80 from tQ alone? This is not counting his solo Q or hotjoin or custom arena or user-hosted tournaments.

Oh, but since he is 71 he gets… 9 reward chests for being bumped up to 80?

I am genuinely curious, Evan. Do you TRULY support this new system that’s being implemented? I honestly want to know if our pvp devs ACTUALLY support this.

I honestly think it would be tragic if this is the consensus among the devs. I really want someone to come forward and say “Hey, this is kitten and we know it but the higher ups are forcing us to make pvp more pve-friendly. I genuinely apologize.”

I seriously want a genuine apology more than dragon rank. You can hold me to that. Reset my rank to 0 and give me an apology if there’s a genuine one to be given.

I mean if you truly support this system you’re implementing and how you’re basically reducing everyone’s rank to 55 and calling it dragon, then by all means stand by it.

I just can’t believe our pvp team would do this to it’s most loyal players.

[SoF]

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I’m r42 and psyched as kitten about getting my thief hood in pvp on my engi.

As a wvw player mainly, I’m slightly sad that Tiger will mean even less than it did almost immediately after I achieved it.

I can’t even imagine how the higher ranks must be feeling.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

Some maths for errbody:
For a new player to get from 1->80 with the new numbers:

…so players like marvin with 4.1k tQ wins and 2.1k tQ losses will have been able to make roughly… 7 Dragon ranks 1-80 from tQ alone? This is not counting his solo Q or hotjoin or custom arena or user-hosted tournaments.

Oh, but since he is 71 he gets… 9 reward chests for being bumped up to 80?

I am genuinely curious, Evan. Do you TRULY support this new system that’s being implemented? I honestly want to know if our pvp devs ACTUALLY support this.

I honestly think it would be tragic if this is the consensus among the devs. I really want someone to come forward and say “Hey, this is kitten and we know it but the higher ups are forcing us to make pvp more pve-friendly. I genuinely apologize.”

I seriously want a genuine apology more than dragon rank. You can hold me to that. Reset my rank to 0 and give me an apology if there’s a genuine one to be given.

I mean if you truly support this system you’re implementing and how you’re basically reducing everyone’s rank to 55 and calling it dragon, then by all means stand by it.

I just can’t believe our pvp team would do this to it’s most loyal players.

From what I understood is that if a player has more rank points than it takes to get to 80, all those points go towards additional “levels”. Meaning that he’ll get the reward for 80 + rewards for each level over 80 that he has already earned.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Lux.7169

From what I understood is that if a player has more rank points than it takes to get to 80, all those points go towards additional “levels”. Meaning that he’ll get the reward for 80 + rewards for each level over 80 that he has already earned.

This was discussed and confirmed to be incorrect by a dev in chaith’s thread.

Basically if what you are suggesting was implemented Chaith would get 237 lvl up chests. However, based on what the dev in his thread said, he will only be getting 9 chests since he is 9 level from 80.

Someone rank 55, however, will get 25 chests since he is 25 lvls from 80 when he gets bumped up to 80.

The ‘logic’ behind this is that Chaith has already received his lvl up chests for 55, 56, 57, etc, so they won’t be giving up more based on his total experience earned.

Pretty kittened up, but that’s the official word as of right now.

[SoF]

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Black Lotus.7318

Black Lotus.7318

It was brought up that legendary materials would be included in the PvP reward tracks. Would it be possible to include silver doubloons as part of the rewards? Considering that component of The Juggernaut is almost, if not more, expensive than all the T6 materials combined together, I believe it would be appropriate to integrate a method that would have a more stable influx of them.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: NeoVid.4817

NeoVid.4817

As the Wardrobe replaces the gear locker, PvP crafting materials will be removed from the game, so be sure to craft anything you want before the April 15 update.

How do we do this, now that we don’t have glory to buy one of the crafting components?

On a related note, I’m wondering what to do with these 34 glory boosters I never had the chance to use.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

I just don’t really get one thing.. We need the map gift for a PvP legendary.. This is the biggest deal for me, to be honest.. They force us to do the most PvE for something that I want in PvE.. I mean.. Just make some PvP gift?

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I just don’t really get one thing.. We need the map gift for a PvP legendary.. This is the biggest deal for me, to be honest.. They force us to do the most PvE for something that I want in PvE.. I mean.. Just make some PvP gift?

The tables should be turned. To get a legendary you need to reach max PvP rank aka r55 in today’s value.

Let’s see how the PvE’ers like to be forced to do content they don’t like.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Lux.7169

The tables should be turned. To get a legendary you need to reach max PvP rank aka r55 in today’s value.

Agreed so hard.

[SoF]

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Quincy.2198

Agreed so hard.

Couldn’t agree more with above. +11111111111111111111111111111111111

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Agreed so hard.

But the onslaught & the horde of PvE whiners will prevent that from happening.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Quincy.2198

Agreed so hard.

But the onslaught & the horde of PvE whiners will prevent that from happening.

I guess no legendary weapons in PvP for me then, sadly.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Vincesco.8340

Vincesco.8340

where are the emotes
where are the titles

+1
x100

+1
x999

Kleiner K

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: NiftyNags.7946

NiftyNags.7946

I’d really like to know if the new glory vendor is going to disappear.

I want to buy the cultural armor, but I’d rather wait till after the update, unless of course the npc is going to poof with the update.
Thanks!

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I’d really like to know if the new glory vendor is going to disappear.

I really to know that too

What kind of man would delete that gorgeous redhead ncp (10 rank vendor) ?
What kind of monster are you ? !

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

The entitlement in this thread is strong.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: mickeye.4805

mickeye.4805

So basicly the ppl who will be in the best spot after this patch will be those who mostly played PvE?
As they will have the most amount of gold and gems and those are the only things you now need to get anything in PvP.

Great!
Hype!!!!

So the changes to PvP:
-Instead of getting full acces to traits, skills and amuletts etc. you now will have to pay for them in PvP.
-Instead of “Style” being tied to you progression in the rank sysem, you now can simply buy everything or use you PvE gear
-Everything achieved via PvP in the past e.g already unlocked skins, glory boosts, crafting mats will become worthless.

Awesome!
But at least they are fixing the meta with proper Balancing. Oh, wait…

Oh, I also forgot, how much I appreciate it, that we now have to play dungeons (story) and the Living story for getting proper acces to dungeon armors.

This. 10times

Fio ~ Incognio ~ Ring of Fire

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

mickeye.4805

Rank ~45 will go to ~52. Ranks 39->54 got rebalanced to be linear 39->80.

So…
r55 will get r80
r45 will get r52

seems fair

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Rank ~45 will go to ~52. Ranks 39->54 got rebalanced to be linear 39->80.

So…
r55 will get r80
r45 will get r52

seems fair

rank kitten takes more than double the time it takes to go from 1-45.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

So…
r55 will get r80
r45 will get r52

seems fair

The amount of glory needed to go from current r45 to current r55 will be the same as the amount of glory needed to go from future r52 to future r80. So yes, it is fair, as far as that logic goes. It doesn’t change much for those players.

PvP Rewards Blog

in PvP

mickeye.4805

So…
r55 will get r80
r45 will get r52

seems fair

The amount of glory needed to go from current r45 to current r55 will be the same as the amount of glory needed to go from future r52 to future r80. So yes, it is fair, as far as that logic goes. It doesn’t change much for those players.

yeah whatever, not like it will means anything… gear will be PvE based so fukk this…