PvP Season 6 required changes

in PvP

Posted by: albostan.6719

albostan.6719

Sup Guys !

I wanted to talk about some changes that are necessary for the next upcoming pvp season 6.

1. Remove daily from ranked arena (it is a part of the class stacking)
2. Class stacking only up to 2 of the same profession (you don’t get same players over and over again)
3. Duo / SoloQ and a Team PvP que (hence could be 2 leaderboards as on the old time)
4. No PvE rewards only pvp rewards (like unique weapons etc.)
5. Some sort of active playing tracker to remove the afk players who stack decay for last week.

Now the first point is pretty important cuz it is a main reason pvp is not fun on ranked arena. From what I played gw2 specially on thief daily getting 3-4 thief players in your team is just a pain. It’s like out of 3 games on daily you get on 2 games all daily players which is like only random or luck?

Second point is the same by matching teams with only 2 of the same profession games are more fun to play and better build. No more 3 DH’s against 3 Reapers etc. or warrior stacking.

3d is also important to keep all pvp players alive. Why should people who only play in a team not be able to participate on a pvp season? It doesn’t matter if they are professional or casual pvp players. Also what I read in the forum a lot of games were double duo que vs 0 que which is really stupid if you keep in mind what the scores ended. To remove the chances of something like that happend would help.

I can live with pve rewards but this causes trouble to new pvp players. Most of what people told me was like this they afk on a node and wait til the game is over. (on lower ranks) just to get a achievment or at the end of the month those ascended rings and armor.
It would be better to have only pvp achievments / gear / skin for pvp not everywhere.
This would give pvp players something to play for and allow them to really get some good stuff for playing good. Therefore afk players should get punished but nevermind that’s not the theme here.

Last one is also kinda important for some reasons. If you watch the leaderboard they are only a 120-130 players who reached legendary division. Including me with 2 accounts and other pvp players who made it with 2 accounts into it.
The problem is that most players were not active playing they did like every 3 days 1 game to keep up til the last week. The decay system is ok but the fact that you can play after 2 weeks again and need to win only 2-3 games to get decay points back is stupid.
I have no real idea how to solve this but it is dumb that people abuse this system to get into leaderboards even trough they don’t deserve it. Let’s say players who participate on the pvp seasons must play the last 2 weeks active to be on the leaderboards or somethign like that.

My thoughts for the next pvp season 6 :-O

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Results of a small poll I did concerning Season 6 Ranked matches showed that only 29% of the players want SoloQ only for Season 6.

Whereas 67% of the people want SoloQ AND TeamQ in Season 6.

Eventhough the poll has only 300 votes, with this big of a % difference, I think it’s quite clear what the majority of the community wants..

Results: http://www.strawpoll.me/12343163/r

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Results of a small poll I did concerning Season 6 Ranked matches showed that only 29% of the players want SoloQ only for Season 6.

Eventhough the poll has only 300 votes, with this big of a % difference, I think it’s quite clear what the majority of the community wants..

why it would surprise anyone that people want to play a 5 v 5 team game as a team is beyond me.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Eventhough the poll has only 300 votes, with this big of a % difference, I think it’s quite clear what the majority of the community wants..-

That’s not how statistics work. You cannot say it is clear what the majority of the community wants."

It isn’t clear. That isn’t statistics work. Yes, you can get an accurate reflection of a large population using a small sample size, but that sample size must be truly random. This isn’t. All you manager to achieve was get a few forum visitors and probably some redditors. Those two site do not reflect the general population.

Although, I do agree with the spirit of your comment that both solo and teamQ should coexist.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

With respect to point 5. the devs have already announced they have fixed that. Volatility will no longer increase to prevent that exploit.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

We want changes?! People don’t want changes. Look at the poll for profession locking just now, or the poll in the past for solo-duo only.

Let’s face it, we like to troll and exploit the game for our daily casual rewards. We don’t care about esports or about this game’s PvP future. We are talking about team professionalism and coordination, but we enjoy the most when we win alone in a 5v5 team with no voice chat. We are talking about balance, but we will choose builds with copy/paste from metabattle and then complain on forums if old builds no longer work and we don’t have diversity. We are talking about balance MMR, but we enjoy swapping professions in matches or before it, “fixing” every change for the game to balance us correctly.

And then, we complain… and complain… and complain… when the vote reflects our choosing for game’s future.

Happy exploiting.

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

p.4 can be easy solved by removing reward from lost games.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Class lock on Q, solo/duo Q using class MMR with block double class in duo and class leaderboards … Do a parallel full team Q (donĀ“t know if it can fly with the playerbase). Keep good rewards also useful in PvE/WvW. As soon as you have class MMR and locked Q the problems of class rewards and PvE players in pvp should be mitigated.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

But why do people climb legendary division on multiple accounts? Who has that much time to do this kind of thing? I consider myself someone who spends a lot of time playing games and I got from silver to platinum. However I had to slow down with PvP due to unstable ping spikes so I barely made it to that division.
What does it give? Where is the profit in practicing something so time consuming?

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: albostan.6719

albostan.6719

I had only 62 games on my second account and a total of 300 on both together during the entire pvp season.

I just went for legendary with my no HoT account to prove that everyone can reach something with skill :-)

Removing rewards cuz you lose games would be not so fair cuz there is no way in soloQ to get a 100% winratio.

They should for sure make a soloQ and team que again I mean we had that such a long time and since gw2 and the pvp is a team based game you should bring tpvp back.
It would also lead into more competitive pvp hence more tournaments etc.

Anet is just failing with the rewards so they seem not to be able to get tpvp and soloq rewards in one.

On the other side it’s a mmorpg and the core of guild wars 2 is not pvp.
That’s why they don’t give so much on the pvp scene :P

#removedaily from ranked arena:D:D:D