PvP Season Ended in the Middle of a Match

in PvP

Posted by: Bieorn.6819

Bieorn.6819

So the pvp season ended in the middle of a match without warning. No rewards for my win. Go into the next game, thinking it was just a bug. And no one sees the rewards anymore. And everyone just … stopped playing.Thanks for the heads up, Anet!

(edited by Bieorn.6819)

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Anet has struggled with the very difficult concept of ‘posting exact endpoints’ of events for 4 years, why would this be any different.

in PvP

Posted by: Irysus.4591

Irysus.4591

Same here… tried to reduce decay and played some matches. Last match did not reward any points or reduce decay. I’m stuck with the lower badge now, even though the last match was a win and would have done the job for me.
…I expected the end of the season happen at reset or on the next game update.
…feeling upset now :/

Edit: Why are ranked matchtes still available?

(edited by Irysus.4591)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Same here… tried to reduce decay and played some matches. Last match did not reward any points or reduce decay. I’m stuck with the lower badge now, even though the last match was a win and would have done the job for me.

Some of us like to avoid the beta maps and continue to use the rank queues to do so, never have to worry about decay problems either due to excessive queuing.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

Some of us like to avoid the beta maps and continue to use the rank queues to do so, never have to worry about decay problems either due to excessive queuing.

You still decay after the season ends? wut.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You still decay after the season ends? wut.

No, just having a giggle at all the PvP players who abused the Decay system.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Same. 3 pts from being ranked. Season ended mid match, cost me top 250.

No new games should have been able to start after reset. Not penalize all current ranked matches going on. That way everyone’s season ends at the same time. My match started at like 6:50, and ended at 7:03, so I guess my season ended 10 minutes early.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in PvP

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

Yup. Lost a couple matches yesterday; figured I’d make it up before the end-of-season today, since last season ended — what? at midnight? or reset the next day? Logged on when I could, got into my match, blew away the enemy, and then . . . nothin’. Apparently the season silently ended shortly after my queue popped. Classic ANet.

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Yup. Lost a couple matches yesterday; figured I’d make it up before the end-of-season today, since last season ended — what? at midnight? or reset the next day? Logged on when I could, got into my match, blew away the enemy, and then . . . nothin’. Apparently the season silently ended shortly after my queue popped. Classic ANet.

Arena net said the season ended on Monday, Febuary 6th, Arena net always uses GMT time zone, the season ended on time and it was announced when it was ending even before the season started, if you were unsure of which time zone Arena net uses, you can google it and find out.