PvP Skins in the PvE world?

in PvP

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Just sort of wondering if anyone understands the reasoning behind this… Does anyone know why hard earned PvP skin rewards cannot be worn in the PvE world?

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Maybe because the developers want the heart of the mists to be the place to show off your PVP gear. Because if you could wear your PVP gear in Lyons arc then there would be much less incentive to earn the PVE equivalent. The PVP gear models aren’t unique they’re the same as the PVE models.

In addition PVP players hang out in heart of the mists anyway. Who cares what a bunch of PVE players in Lions arc think anyway it’s the PVP players that you are trying to impress.

I mean yeah there would still be some merit to showing off the PVP gear to mainly PVE players, but I don’t think the developers thought it was enough of a merit to justify allowing PVP gear outside of the heart of the mists.

In addition if PVP gear was allowed outside of the mists, then the next thing we would hear about would be PVE players wanting to wear their gear in the heart of the mists.

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

agree with gwawer…

+ you must consider that some of models are MUCH easier to get in PVP then in PVE and vice versa… so it wouldnt be fair to take them from one part to another one

in PvP

Latorn.4209

Hmmmm, what’s with the idea of separating the player community anyways? Why can’t PvP and PvE players communicate through something like the Zkey of GW1? Don’t a vast number of PvPers PvE as well? Maybe I’m wrong with that assumption, but I know I do both >.>

Just seems odd that I have to work on getting the same skins twice >.< It feels more and more like I have 2 different characters (which I know the original GW had), weren’t they trying to avoid that approach or am I wrong? XD

in PvP

Posted by: Thirsty.2875

Thirsty.2875

They said that there are going to be more things glory related that will apply to other aspects of the game. They didn’t give details and it is not something coming in the next patch but it will be coming.

Source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/919-state-of-the-game-discussion-now-available/

Spill The Blood <- Join The sPvP Guild

in PvP

Latorn.4209

They said that there are going to be more things glory related that will apply to other aspects of the game. They didn’t give details and it is not something coming in the next patch but it will be coming.

Source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/919-state-of-the-game-discussion-now-available/

Well that’s freaking great news ^^ now just to wait on its implementation…