PvP appreciation thread

PvP appreciation thread

in PvP

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

I think almost every single post on this forum is negative, so I thought I would highlight some of the good.

I stopped pvping after getting my legendary backpack. I started again for this current season. And wow. Everything is better.

I love the single/duo queue. Great for pvping anytime, without needing a team to succeed.

I love that your pvp tier is separated from pips. You’ll get rewarded, eventually.

I love the leaderboard. Chasing rank is fun.

The automatic tournaments are a great idea. Content for those five player teams too!

The hate over the pedestals seems overblown. It’s a game, and provides some friendly banter. As Bilbo would say, “It’s just a bit of fun!”

I do wish the pedestals showed name and class though, as I sometimes forget who’s who in the heat of battle! And I’m not entirely sure it shows top stats correctly (or maybe it’s showing it across both teams?

But great job. You got a pve player back into PvP. Keep up the good work.

PvP appreciation thread

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Sometimes we forget we play to have fun.

Welcome back!

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

PvP appreciation thread

in PvP

Posted by: Whitworth.7259

Whitworth.7259

I agree. These forums are full of ragey tryhards. So many come here to rant because they’re easily offended or their feelings get hurt in game.
The pedastals are a welcome lark and there has been a lot of little changes that make the whole pvp experience more enjoyable.
Welcome back to Pvp, may your teammates be chilled.

PvP appreciation thread

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

GW2 has the best pvp of any game ive ever played. My main problems with GW2 has very little to do with the actual pvp gameplay itself.

PvP appreciation thread

in PvP

Posted by: Tyrion.9015

Tyrion.9015

GW2 has the best pvp of any game ive ever played.

LOL!!!!! You didn’t play much PVP for sure

PvP appreciation thread

in PvP

Posted by: Luci.7018

Luci.7018

What happened in GW1 btw ?
Did it end up with the same fate that effect all games ?
Casuals moaned about balance , while the 10% of the posters where saying that everything was ok based on higher tiers .
And when the casual ‘’accepted their fate’’ , the 10% wheres the ones to whine about the newly introduced specs ?

Why they released only 1 paid tournament ?

On break

(edited by Luci.7018)

PvP appreciation thread

in PvP

Posted by: Tyrion.9015

Tyrion.9015

What happened in GW1 btw ?
Did it end up with the same fate that effect all games ?
Casuals moaned about balance , while the 10% of the posters where saying that everything was ok based on higher tiers .
And when the casual ‘’accepted their fate’’ , the 10% wheres the ones to whine about the newly introduced specs ?

Why they released only 1 paid tournament ?

That happens in every game with PVP. Happens in LOL, GW, WoW, etc. Casuals always complain about imbalance (Wich didn’t really exist in GW’s GVG so). Companies usually tend to listen the better players, but that has to be like that. I don’t know what is your point.

They made at least 9 payed tournaments. The GW factions 100k cash pool, and the 100k series wich where from may to december 2007. The 100k series where also two different tournaments in the same month, one for GVG and the other for the Henchies Arena. We are talking about paid tournaments in 2006-2007. The problem with GW1’s PVP is that GW1 was released too son, that couldn’t make it to esports. If they listened to the community, they could have their esport running and winning $$$$$$$$$$$$

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

PvP appreciation thread

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Agree with OP. I keep playing because it’s fun and I like the challenge.There’s a whole lot more Pros than Cons and PvP as a whole has improved drastically since s1.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld