PvP armor without infusion slots?

in PvP

Posted by: Rose Wild.9746

Rose Wild.9746

Please i would like to know because if it’s intended to be like that i find it quite odd since the ring comes also infused for free and well the whole point of ascended gear is to be able to add agony resistence to it or stats.

in PvP

Posted by: Xephaos.9014

Xephaos.9014

Please i would like to know because if it’s intended to be like that i find it quite odd since the ring comes also infused for free and well the whole point of ascended gear is to be able to add agony resistence to it or stats.

Yea I’d like to know as well… Just bought the medium boots because it was the last piece I needed for a full set of medium armor. I went to go put a wvw infusion in it and was surprised that it didn’t have one… I was gonna make a post about it but you beat me to it…

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Pretty major issue. I can’t figure any reason why this would be intended.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I didn’t notice that but, yes that has to be fixed asap.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Arch.4287

Arch.4287

And what abiut asc weapons?

in PvP

Posted by: TheMountain.6204

TheMountain.6204

No infusion slots for the new pvp ascended armor?

Woah.. if thats the case I’ll stop the grind immediately. I’m not going to grind for shards for armor that is barely better than exotic if it doesn’t have the extra perks.

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I’m sure it’s a bug. This is a terrible idea otherwise.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Only justification I could see on this would be how incredibly cheap it is. Compare to, say, getting it from fractals.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Only justification I could see on this would be how incredibly cheap it is. Compare to, say, getting it from fractals.

Pretty sure they didn’t add infusion slots for that reason. Still amazing for WvW tho.

in PvP

Rose Wild.9746

I’m really hoping it’s a bug and that it gets fixed soon… Or Arena net tells us what’s going on with this.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Pretty sure they didn’t add infusion slots for that reason. Still amazing for WvW tho.

It’s not all that much cheaper if you Factor in that you can buy the currencies with gold for Fractal Ascended armor instead of having to progress through gated reward tiers. And if they made ascended without infusions why didn’t they just have them as a different tier of Armor to avoid any conflict/confusion?

in PvP

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Has anyone try to change the stats?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_equipment#Changing_attribute_prefix

To see if there is a infusion slot?

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

We are tracking these bugs.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Mmm, this is good news.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Evan, it is very heartening to see the interaction and communication and the frequency at which you are keeping open hopefully this is maintained.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMountain.6204

TheMountain.6204

Thank you for acknowledging. I was beginning to worry when I saw no official response on this subject.

in PvP

Posted by: kadrath.7298

kadrath.7298

What about purchased ones? If u fix this, purchased ones will be fixed too or?

in PvP

Posted by: nathan goossen.9546

nathan goossen.9546

ahm so best save the the ascended shards til the bugg is gone?

Naomi DragonFury

in PvP

Rose Wild.9746

Thanks for the response. Will the fix be retroactive or we will have to make a ticket to get a new piece?

in PvP

Posted by: Adams.9217

Adams.9217

Also its impossible to change Stats in mystic forge. And make output from mystic forge Illustrious part.

Thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Nemo.5609

Nemo.5609

One thing to add: the ardent skins have these purple areas that cannot be dyed. This makes it extremely awkward to make a good-looking color combination. Please make those purple parts into a freely dye-able channel.

Nemo me impune lacessit

in PvP

Posted by: MidsummerPrism.5047

MidsummerPrism.5047

And what about the fact that they cant be mystic forged ?

in PvP

Rose Wild.9746

The patch just fixed the infusion slots. I don’t know about the mystic forge.

in PvP

Adams.9217

Anet fixed infusion slot, BUT we still cant change stats on it. You have to give us an option to change stats in mystic forge or special item.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes, please fix them to be mystic forge-able so we can change the stats!

in PvP

Adams.9217

Anet inform us please. What changes are you going to do about stats. We want to know what are we farming for…

in PvP

Posted by: hellcast.9351

hellcast.9351

Just get the stat you want… it’s already the cheapest way to get ascended armor, jeez (just tell you want to unlock illustrous in wardrope too)

(edited by hellcast.9351)

in PvP

Adams.9217

I dont care about wardobe… Builds change every patch, I change stats often to balance them in wvw/pve. So its important to have Option. For me its worth to invest 120 gold per part and have option for change stats then get that ascended gear from PVP. I just want some info its all, If Anet going to give us option or it will stay like this. So I will decide how to spend my shards. Do I ask too much ?

in PvP

Posted by: kadrath.7298

kadrath.7298

You can add infusions now even the infusion slots cant be seen but stat change…

http://imgur.com/a/B94yY

in PvP

Posted by: Max Durak.1358

Max Durak.1358

And it’s not even possible to get full asc set in one season. This 100 shards cut is total BS. Either make it changable in MF or at least give us the possibility to get full set in one season.

(edited by Max Durak.1358)

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

And it’s not even possible to get full asc set in one season. This 100 shards cut is total BS. Either make it changable in MF or at least give us the possibility to get full set in one season.

I’m curious whether you have a source on this? I’d really like to know if this is the case; I figured the Llama would not be rewarded a second time, not that you couldn’t get more Ascended Shards by farming Byzantium.

edit: Just checked Reddit. ANet I’m not sure why you made this decision but I think it’s probably a good idea to revise this decision. The Shards are a massive draw for playing in the season; pushing people out by no longer giving them at the Byzantium stage is just going to mean a lot of players filter out once they get there. Even if Byzantium® only gave 50-100 Shards, you will still have plenty of people plugging away at Ranked PvP just to farm Ascended gear.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

hmm if i can´t have HoT stats on the set it´s meh ….

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

hmm if i can´t have HoT stats on the set it´s meh ….

You can choose HoT stats, if you own HoT.

Kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well then i hope i won´t need the forge :-)

in PvP

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I am genuinely curious as to how this did happen. I mean there hasn’t been division in PvP and non-PvP gear in ages. Surely by now adding ascended armor, regardless of where it is added, be the exact same process.

Just seems like a real strange one, of course the answer could be as mundane as someone who doesn’t usually add these items did it this time. So, perhaps the better question would be why is it possible for Ascended armor to not have infusion slots in the first place??