PvP blog post?

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Eir.6921

Eir.6921

k i dont want to kitten but, here it goes.

they promised that we would get an blog post about what we are gonna get in spvp.
But that has been 8 or 9 days now?
how long does it take to make an blog post about something?

but now to the actual point.

Alot of my friends are actually quitting the game cause of the pvp is basicly unfinished.

Please give us the ETA on the blog post AND the update for it….

When its ready had been on 28-08-2012. not after it…

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Uri The Impaler.2956

Uri The Impaler.2956

I’ve been thinking the exact same thing. Last thing he said was within the next few days. But it’s a-net! When it’s finished alright? Now kitten and wait for the silly blog where we all laugh because a-net doesn’t understand wtf they’re doing.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Griffon.4716

Griffon.4716

I asked this question the other night when the dev was online, he said they had read the unedited rough draft, so it should be pushed out pretty soon™.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: predi.4803

predi.4803

They troll us as much as they can … seriously !
Blog post takes 14 days to be finished and pushed out.

I mean what the hell is going on with arena net ? Did they think there is enough time to do something at ones leisure ?

Carefully arena net, i have a suprise for you:
Mists of Pandaria is coming, and World of Warcraft-PvP is still more competitive and E-Sports than your unpolished and unfinished game.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

At this point, they are going to have to say some pretty incredible things to keep interest alive. Hopefully that is why it is taking so long.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Puro.8196

Puro.8196

You have probably heard about Valve, they go by the same policy and I respect it more than others, it’s done when it’s done.

Puro Strife, Asura Elementalist.
Pilar Strife, Sylvari Elementalist
Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

I’m hoping for a hint of something big, whether it be the implementation of duels, arena, GvG, custom tournaments, or a ladder. Give it time

(edited by Latorn.4209)

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

they promised that we would get an blog post about what we are gonna get in spvp.

Alot of my friends are actually quitting the game cause of the pvp is basicly unfinished.

they say they dont want to give empty promises and then they do this… kitten joke

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Kaniro.7809

Kaniro.7809

they say they dont want to give empty promises and then they do this… kitten joke

Don’t think they actually ever promised a time for it to be posted so…..what’s empty about that?

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Dalingrin.1035

Dalingrin.1035

Yes, its taken ArenaNet 8 days to just physically write a blog post. It couldn’t possibly be more complicated than that could it? Surely it isn’t because they must confirm what they are going to do before they write it which in turn requires multiple meetings, which in turn requires scheduling around more important issues in each person’s schedules.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Sanis.1096

Don’t think they actually ever promised a time for it to be posted so…..what’s empty about that?

they said “next few days” over 1 week ago

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Kaniro.7809

http://goo.gl/hjuMB

Actually, according to timestamps, that says 4 days ago… so…one week is 4 days now? Gotcha.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Sanis.1096

Actually, according to timestamps, that says 4 days ago… so…one week is 4 days now? Gotcha.

i was talking about the post from jonathan 10d ago

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/sPvP-things-to-come

hey look 10 days ago.
Do i gotcha now?

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Kaniro.7809

Yep. You do. Good job.

ArenaNet is also the first company to release an update saying that something is coming later than expected.

But ya got me.

/hattip.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

Yep. You do. Good job.

ArenaNet is also the first company to release an update saying that something is coming later than expected.

But ya got me.

/hattip.

Fanboys are funny. Nice way to shift from attacking a poster to providing cover for ArenaNet by using the “every company does it” line of reasoning.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Yojinbo.6804

Yojinbo.6804

Ya a lot of my friends quit too, mainly cuz pvp is unfinished and pve is practically moving from heart to heart.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Kaniro.7809

Fanboys are funny. Nice way to shift from attacking a poster to providing cover for ArenaNet by using the “every company does it” line of reasoning.

People who assume that someone is a fanboy because that someone is tired of reading everyone else’s constant whining are funny. This game is far from perfect, and ArenaNet is far from perfect. Hence the reason for every class to have a bug sticky, some with over 100 bugs currently. However, they’ve earned the benefit of the doubt with me because of the track record they had with making pvp in GW1 so darn enjoyable for me. And it’s been 29 days. 32 with headstart. How was Warcraft doing in its first 29? Rift? Diablo 3? Star Wars? Tera? Secret World? Do people seriously think any other developer has been perfect? If so, why are they not playing that game instead of this one? Other than maybe the fact that it’s died out. Even the great “DAOC” had its issues.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Seether.7285

People who assume that someone is a fanboy because that someone is tired of reading everyone else’s constant whining are funny. This game is far from perfect, and ArenaNet is far from perfect. Hence the reason for every class to have a bug sticky, some with over 100 bugs currently. However, they’ve earned the benefit of the doubt with me because of the track record they had with making pvp in GW1 so darn enjoyable for me. And it’s been 29 days. 32 with headstart. How was Warcraft doing in its first 29? Rift? Diablo 3? Star Wars? Tera? Secret World? Do people seriously think any other developer has been perfect? If so, why are they not playing that game instead of this one? Other than maybe the fact that it’s died out. Even the great “DAOC” had its issues.

Ah more fanboy defenses. You are characterized as a fanboy because of the method of your discourse. You made a point, your point was proven incorrect, and rather than say something along the lines of “you were right, they did say it would be available in a few days 10 days ago but it isn’t a big deal” you craft a defense for ArenaNet based around “other companies do the same thing”.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

When it’s ready™

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: nurt.5401

nurt.5401

i’m waiting patiently, but it scares me that so many people i know seem to be quitting or losing interest in the game already and the number of viewers on twitch has dropped rapidly over the last week or two.

spvp really needs a ladder/ranking system and some polish/sparkle to the tournament/reward experience to keep people playing.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Dont worry guys, if its taking so much time it is because it will be the most beautiful post ever.

Up Rerroll

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Dont worry guys, if its taking so much time it is because it will be the most beautiful post ever.

We’ll release the game when it’s ready tells me a lot.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: slacker.9352

slacker.9352

Unless they’re building and programming a robot to do the blog post it’s takeing to long.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Streaks.5076

Streaks.5076

My theory is there will be one giant patch which implements all the upcoming plans they have with spvp. Blog post or not, it’ll be worth the wait in the long run.

Noob – Revanent

Looking for a good guild for PoF

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

I hope the Blog they are “working” on has some kitten kitten good announcements. Sadly many people are going to be drawn into trying out another certain game expansion coming out tomorrow. Hope Anet can counter that with a decent update.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

Carefully arena net, i have a suprise for you:
Mists of Pandaria is coming, and World of Warcraft-PvP is still more competitive and E-Sports than your unpolished and unfinished game.

You mean a 7 year old game is more polished than a month old game? No way!

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Seether.7285

While waiting for the blog post, which us children have been told takes time because in the real world things don’t happen quickly….
http://postimage.org/image/71uyad0vf/

Losing 10% of your market cap in under a month is a sign that investors have faith in the decisions being made by the companies officers right?

I know that ArenaNet is only a subsidiary of NCSoft and while I haven’t done “due diligence” to determine how big of a factor ArenaNet is in NCSoft’s share price, I am going to make the assumption that NCSoft hasn’t had any other product releases of projects with 5+ years of development time in the past month, and the recent price action is reflective of the results of GW2.

Now I will not be naive to the extent that the blog post being out would have held back the drastic loss of market cap, but neglected customers don’t often result in future revenues.

(edited by Seether.7285)

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Seether.7285

http://postimage.org/image/s5731ti0f/

Put the wrong image, although the first one shows the trend since release, the 2nd one shows from the time of the blog post being announced.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Fantom.9217

Fantom.9217

I was really hoping to get the PVP blog post today. Very disappointed that it hasn’t shown up yet.

If it isn’t up by the end of the week……… this player base is going to go kittening nuts.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Seether.7285

It has seriously taken so long that I feel like it’s finished and they have been trolling the community for the last week. I feel like that would be more excusable than over a week being spent on localization.

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

The blog is up guys

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: BigTeeHunter.4913

BigTeeHunter.4913

Not as exciting as I was hoping, no real time scale on these features…
I do like the idea of winning gems from paid tournaments, but if it takes them 3 weeks to bring out the blog post about updates, how much longer will it take them to actually come out with the content proper?

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Umweltplakette.2109

Umweltplakette.2109

Can’t believe this is the blog post … Holy kitten … it took you guys almost 3 weeks to bring out such a small blog that doesn’t even really offer any new information we didn’t already know about? …. really disappointing since I have been looking forward to some PvP post with Information about Balance and how you want to go against the Holy Trinity you didn’t want to have in the game … some information about maps (for example sharks in Capricorn) and how they gonna be fixed … some Information about the sPvP and how you want to make it more balanced and enjoyable … some information about the point system and updates so that sPvP won’t just be a massive Point grinding zerg.

Really really disappointed at all … hopefully this is a nightmare and I just got rickrolled …

PvP blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

Hi,

We’ve now published he PvP blogpost today: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/

So I’m closing this thread, thanks.